Stuffed

The English Teacher

 

 

Daehyun's POV:

I was in the worst place on Earth right now, I was in the dressing room of Inkigayo. Whenever we came here, it was always chaotic. The dressing rooms were a lot smaller than other places.

Right now, clothes were piled up in heaps on chairs, and Zelo and Jongup were trying to balance on a precarious pile that was in danger of falling. Make up sets were everywhere in the room on every bit of available space left. 

"Hyung, hyung, it's fine!" I tried to persuade my stylist who was trying to fix my hair yet again. This stylist hyung was probably the most fussy person on our team.

That's right. Stylist hyung.

Yongguk hyung had banned me from girls. That meant that no stylist noona was allowed near me. The fans were the only part of the female population that I had come into contact with since the article was released.

And even then I had to keep a three metre distance away from them, which was hard if they were all pressing in on you. But, the guys usually formed a protective barrier around me. I could finally say that I was the nucleus of my social circle. I was the element Boron. I was a chuffed bunny - I had always wanted to say that I was an element, and right now, I was in my element.

I happened to mention it to Youngjae once, and I am lucky to say that I am still here to tell the tale. He nearly killed me. I had no idea that my best friend was such a psycho or so jealous of my status.

Youngjae had grabbed me by the scruff of my collar and pinned me up against the wall. He had then proceeded to give out to me, until Himchan pulled him away.

I had spent the rest of the day massaging my neck and shooting Youngjae death glares.

 

The girl ban was starting to become annoying though. Did they really think that I would make a move on a girl? Did they honestly see me as a cheater?

I'm not thick. I know when enough is enough . . . most of the time. I knew that I had to be careful around girls for a while. If the media got more pictures of me talking and interacting with a noona, everything would go haywire.

Yongguk had been angry that I wasn't more careful, but personally I thought that his fury was moot. How am I supposed to expect a reporter, when that type of thing had never happened before?

Luckily, Himchan hyung had stuck up for me. He had more or less told Yongguk to shut up and that he was just being idiotic. Himchan hyung had voiced the points that I had thought, but was too afraid to say.

When Yongguk was angry - which wasn't often - you don't annoy him. You run for cover and hope that he doesn't find you. Which was why I had even more respect for Himchan hyung to defend me.

Jongup and Zelo weren't really interfering with the incident. I could tell Jongup believed me, even if he never said anything to me about me. He was the only one acting the same way as he did before the article was released. I was really grateful towards him. Now if only the others took a leaf out of his book.

Zelo was just being Zelo. It was hard to tell where his thoughts lay at. He was always a hard person to figure out. I had a hunch that he believed me, but I couldn't be sure. I had a sneaky suspicion that Zelo had listened at the door when I was talking to Joyce.

 

"Daehyun, are you ready yet?" Yongguk hyung asked me exasperately from the door.

"What?" I asked, cluelessly. I had been lost in a daydream again.

"Stage?" Yongguk looked at me like I was an idiot.

I frowned. Stage? What stage?

"Daehyun, just come here." Yongguk told me, and waved his hand towards me.

I got up unsteadily from my chair and made my way towards the leader. When I was beside him, he grabbed the top of my forearm and dragged me out of the room.

The rest of the guys were already outside. I noticed their costumes and I realised that we still had to preform on Inkigayo's stage. I was so thankful that the promotions were almost done. Just a few more times and I could relax.

I had been having dreams about popcorn and a drama that I had been watching lately, called Ma Boy or something like that. It was so obvious, that Zelo and I had bet whether or not there would be a twist in the story.

I had said no and Zelo had said yes. I was still waiting for the perfect moment to flick his forehead. It was going to happen when he was least expecting it. Perhaps on stage or while he was sleeping. I should definitely record his reaction if I did it whilst he was sleeping. The fans would love me then . . . 

But, back to the present. I was sent on stage and Yongguk hyung discreetly put me on the furthest side of the stage when the female MC was talking to us after the performance.

I only answered with short, curt replies when a question was directed at me. I was lucky, because I had protrayed this side on Ta-dah! It's B.A.P, I could pull this personality off, and no one would question it. However, if it were a person like Youngjae, then it would be a totally different story.

 

*             *          *

 

"Hyung, can we go get ice cream?" Zelo asked Youngguk hopefully and his eyes shone with delight. I, too, looked up from the iPad that I was playing a game on.

We were all once again in our dorm room as per usual, waiting for another schedule to go to, except today we had dance practice. Our stage today was quite early compared to other ones. It was pre-recorded so business could advertise during it.

That meant that other groups could have had a free evening, but not us. We had to practice, all because our evil choreographer said that we kept messing up during the dance break. 

"Oh, please hyung!" Jongup chanted as well.

"Guys-"

"Ah, go on, hyung! Please!" I added my plea in with the others.

"Please, we've been trapped in the stuffy dorm for ages." Youngjae commented.

Yongguk looked pitifully at Himchan for help, but Himchan just shrugged his shoulders and went back to reading his magazine. Yongguk looked up at the ceiling and seemed to be trying to make up his mind.

Finally, after what he seemed like an eternity, he looked back at us.

"Okay, we can get ice cream-"

Zelo and Jongup cheered and high fived each other.

"-as long as you don't complain that your stomach hurts during practice this evening." Yongguk bargained.

I chewed on my lip. Our dance practices were usually intense and I didn't want to have a stomach full of ice cream . . . delicious, wonderful, cool ice cream . . . .

"Okay!" I practically shouted, scaring Yongguk.

"Pig." Youngjae commented and I threw the cushion I was hugging to my chest at him. "Ouch."

"Shut up then, blondie." I smirked.

"You used to be blonde too." Youngjae told me in exasperation.

"Yeah, but I'm not any more, am I?"

"You want to die?" Youngjae asked me, and threw the cushion at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and I was about to retort when Yongguk put an end to our bickering.

"Kids, stop it. Or else I won't take you for ice cream." Yongguk threatened, effectively putting an end to our mock fight.

 

*            *           *

 

"Oh. My. Gosh. I'm so full I could die." I complained and gripped my stomach. Maybe I had eaten too much food.

"You shouldn't have eaten the two cheesecakes on top of the largest ice cream sundae that the shop offered, then." Himchan told me and shook his head in mock disapproval.

"Hyung, you are so screwed." Jongup grinned beside me. I would have at least attempted to hit him, had I the energy, but right now I was lucky that I could walk. 

I felt like curling up in a little ball and sleeping for a year. Why did I ever become an idol? Why did I have to be a singer in a group that has such complicated dances? Why couldn't I be in a band, like FT Island? That would be nice.

I might have to learn how to play guitar, though. I wouldn't mind. Surely learning how to play an instrument is easier than learning a dance, though.

If only . . .

"I'm still hungry." Zelo whined from my other side. "Daehyun ended up eating the rest of my ice cream."

"Daehyun, how the hell do stay so skinny? Give me your secret." Youngjae begged from beside me.

"Go away." I told him bitterly. "And besides Zelo, if you weren't so busy texting, I wouldn't have eaten your ice cream."

"Zelo, who were you texting?" Youngjae asked, and the attention was diverted from me onto him.

"No one." Zelo replied nervously and I smirked.

I followed Yongguk who was silently laughing at my misery. I climbed into the back of the black company van and drifted into a food coma.

 

By the time I was woken up, we were already at the company building.

"Daehyun-ah, come on." Yongguk said softly as he shook me awake.

I blinked rapidly until he came into focus.

"You feeling better?" He asked in concern, and I nodded.

I crawled out of the van slowly. I was feeling a little bit better, but I could definitely use a few more hours of kip. I followed the rest of the guys drowsily, and Yongguk placed a hand on my shoulder, steering me in the correct direction after I had almost been run over by a car that I thought was stationary.

"Hey, Daehyun?" Yongguk asked, and I looked up at him. His eyes were looking everywhere except at me. "I'm sorry for flipping out earlier, about, you know, the article. It wasn't your fault. I just over reacted."

I smiled to myself. "It's okay, hyung."

"Thanks."

"You know what would make me forgive you even more?" I asked hopefully.

"You're not getting off of practice." Yongguk told me and I scowled.

"I take it back, you're not forgiven." I muttered.

"Too late, Daehyunnie," Yongguk laughed and slapped my back. "You already said I was."

"At least give me more cheesecake then, when we get home." I tried.

"Is your stomach a black hole or something?" Yongguk asked in disbelief, and I smiled lazily before yawning.

 

The elevator ride was silent all the way up to the floor. Yongguk wanted to talk to the CEO first about something to do with the end of our promotions, and since the managers hyungs were only back yesterday, they wouldn't know.

I walked after the rest of the guys drowsily. I was still stifling yawns and gripping my stomach in pain, I was feeling too full to do anything except sleep.

Why didn't they stop me from eating so much? It's not like I get that violent when someone steals my food. I think they are a little scared to take my food off me, though, after I had lashed out at Zelo for eating my cheesecake because I ate his cherry tomatoes.

In my defence though, tomatoes come no where close to cheesecake in the food chain of deliciousness.

When we were on the top floor, near the CEO's office when I heard a yell. My burrow furrowed in confusion. My fullness must be making me hear things.

But one glance at the guys told me I wasn't hearing things. Himchan started walking a little bit faster, and I followed him closely.

What was going on?

I heard another yelp, except this was one of pain.

That voice sounded familar. It couldn't be . . . But what if it was . . . ? No, it was impossible. Besides what were the chances of that?

Nevertheless, my speed increased tenfold. The others must have suspected something as well, as they were walking fast as well.

When I rounded the corner, I froze at the scene before me. Suddenly I wasn't feeling so tired nor paralyzed from overeating anymore.

 

"What the hell?"

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

The chances of me updating tomorrow is unlikely. I have a lot to get done, so I left it at that.

What happened though? What did Daehyun see? Who is it? What will happen next?

 

~* Fighting *~