Goodbye Stage

The English Teacher

 

 

I walked quickly down the street, keeping my head down. I was supposed to meet Daehyun in TS's canteen. I think that he wanted to talk to the CEO about our relationship, today.

I'm not sure if he would already be there or not, so I was trying to walk fast. I had really been to TS too many times since I've come back to Seoul. I've been there every day since I've been back.

Everything has pretty much passed in haze, it seems like it was only yesterday that I met Zelo with his ramen hair, and then I seen Daehyun and he defended having me as an English tutor.

Was that really so long ago? It was like I was in a movie and someone had hit the fast forward button, and they only let it go now, so that when I got my bearings I was disorreintated and wondering what had happened.

Maybe that was being slightly dramatic, but the point was that it feels that everything has happened in the blink of an eye.

The wind whipped my hair into my  face and I safely tucked it behind my ear. I saw the TS building and I sighed in relief. I pushed the front door open and I smiled when I entered the warm company building.

I faltered a little, when I realised that I wasn't sure where the canteen was. I stopped a harassed looking woman on the way out and she rather grudgingly told me where to go. 

I followed her instructions, and I found myself in a large dining hall. There were hundreds of tables and chairs around the place. On the far side, there was a shop and they were selling hot meals, sandwiches and drinks. You name it, it was more than likely there.

I scanned the tables, looking for a familar face. I seen a hand flash up from a crowd out of the corner of my eye, and when I turned to look again, I seen a smiling boy trying to catch my attention. There was a crowd of people, stealing glances at him so often.

I smiled back at him and started to walk towards him. However, before I could reach him, someone intercepted me.

 

"Oh, Joyce!" Mr. Kim said in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, um, Mr. Kim." I said awkwardly. "How are you?" I deliberately avoided his question, I was hoping to just be a silent observer in today's meeting, and allow Daehyun to explain everything. He had a way with words - unlike me.

"I'm fine, perhaps a tad overworked, but there is nothing that I can do about that. Besides, we have a long way until this day is over." Mr. Kim sighed heavily.

"Oh, really?" I quickly flickered my eyes to the side, and just caught Ahjussi going up to Daehyun and hitting him on the shoulder in an impatient manner.

Daehyun was looking at me, slightly concerned. He turned around rather reluctantly to look at Ahjussi. Ahjussi bent down and whispered something in his ear. Daehyun stood up abruptly, looking rather flustered.

Ahjussi lead Daehyun towards us, his hands on Daehyun's shoulders.

Mr. Kim followed my gaze to where I was looking, and I quickly looked back at him.

"Seungpyo! Daehyun!" Mr. Kim called out. "Where are you going? Daehyun, I thought you wanted to speak with me, and Seungpyo, isn't this your visitor?"

"We can't stay, hyungnim." Ahjussi told Mr. Kim. "The goodbye for Power was pushed forwards, so we have to leave now, or else we will be late."

"Forwards?" Mr. Kim frowned in confusion. Ahjussi and Daehyun walked past us, and Daehyun gave me an apologetic glance, which, luckily, Mr. Kim nor Ahjussi caught.

The pair walked out of the room, and Mr. Kim looked sadly at me.

"I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to talk to him, Joyce." Mr. Kim apologised.

"Ani, it's okay." I waved a hand in the air, dismissing the pity. "I guess that I'll be going now, then."

 

I bowed repestfully and my heel to walk away. However, I was barely a few metre's away, then Mr. Kim called me back. I walked back to him in confusion, and looked him expectantly.

"Joyce, I have a free hour now since I was supposed to be meeting Daehyun, and I know that you wanted to speak with Seungpyo," Mr. Kim started and I felt guilty, no that wasn't who I was supposed to be meeting. "How about you come with me to see the Power goodbye stage?"

I looked at Mr. Kim in complete awe. Was he seriously offering right now? I asked him, just to double check and he laughed it off, and told me that he was being deadly serious.

"Neh, I'd like that very much, Mr. Kim." I beamed.

"Just one thing, Joyce." Mr. Kim told me and my face fell, thinking the worst. "Invite Nana, okay? I'm sure that she would love to see it too, and it is a once in a life time experience."

"Neh, I'll do that now. Thank you so much, Mr. Kim." I smiled, and got the phone out of my pocket. I fumbled with the phone book, trying to find Nana's name in my contacts.

"Yobesyo?" Nana asked in a grumpy voice. I immediately got rid of her bad mood, though, by telling her where Mr. Kim invited us. She didn't believe me at first, but I managed to convince her.

I told her to be ready and outside the building in five miuntes and looked back at Mr. Kim as I hung up.

"She's coming?" He asked, asking the obvious.

I nodded my head. "She's very excited." I told him, unable to wipe the grin off my face. I was going to see Daehyun perform, and hopefully this one wouldn't be as disasterous as last time.

"Good." Mr. Kim smiled. "This is the break that I need."

 

*                  *                    *

 

"Omo, this is such a big building!" Nana squealed, as we arrived at the building Show Champion was being held in.

"Wait until you see the inside." Mr. Kim told her, excited to see her reaction.

We parked the company car around the back, out of sight of the fans and staff milling outside the building. But, I think that if anyone saw us with Mr. Kim, they would just assume that Nana and I were Mr. Kim's loving daughters. After all, why would they think any different?

Nana smiled at me. I knew why she was happy. She could see a certain person today, whose name began with a Z and finished with O. 

She had made a huge effort today, it might not be immdeiately noticeable to others, but since Nana and I were bestfriends, I suppose you could say that it was my duty to notice the carefully applied foundation and the delicately thin line drawn on her upper eyelids.

We entered the door around the side of the building, and I was shocked by how nice it was. I was expecting it to be grubby, like the way the side of the building looked to outsiders, but the interior was pleasantly surprising.

The pale, cream tiles were so shiny, that I could see my reflection in them. Everything was white - the walls, floors, idol's clothes, everything. It was like someone went around with a paintbrush and white washed everything.

Mr. Kim led us up a flight of stairs, and he told us that this was where V.I.P's like CEO's, directors, sponsors and more, could watch the show in comfort.

When we arrived on the floor, I was once again amazed, by how luxurious it all was. It was essentially like a glass box, the whole wall onlooking the stage was glass, but I think it was soundproofed, because I couldn't hear any of the cheering fans below, whom looked like one large black blob, with random specks of green dotted in it.

Instead, there was speakers fixed at intervals along the wall. There was also plasma screens around the room. They were showing a live, close image of the band below.

There were luxury two seaters and armchairs around the room. People were standing casually around the room, holding glasses of wine and they were also seating down. 

Their personal assistants looked badly out of place and they were standing awkwardly beside their bosses. I took a seat beside Nana on the two seater, and Mr. Kim took a seat on an armchair. I was grateful that he never took the glass of wine that was offered to him by a server dressed in a sharp, black tuxedo.

"When will B.A.P be on?" I asked Mr. Kim, staring down as confetti showered down and lights flashed on the stage, signalling the end of the group's performance.

"Five more acts. They have to do pre-interviews." Mr. Kim explained, and clapped his hands politely for the next group, though I doubt they could hear him.

 

*                    *                    *

 

"Wow." I said simply. "Dae-"

"-bak." Nana finished for me. I looked over at her and we both smiled at the same time.

"You have a very talented group, Mr. Kim." I complimented him, as B.A.P ran off the side of the stage.

There were no words to explain how impressed I was with B.A.P's performance. How did they manage to catch those damned spray cans every time? I would drop it before the dance even started.

They all managed to hit every note and they never missed a beat or a dance step. They were true professionals. They also had incrediable stage presence, they transformed in front of my eyes.

It may not have been my first time seeing this stage, but it didn't fail to impress me the second time round. I think that the Ahjussi's and Ahjumma's were also impressed, because they stopped picking at the buffet table to watch the charismatic performance.

"Thank you, I think so too." Mr. Kim smiled, and then paused for a moment. "How would you girls like to meet them?"

"What?" Nana and I asked in unison. "Ani, we're fine." We were both talking in sync.

"Ah, don't be shy. It'll be okay." Mr. Kim told us with a smile on his face. "I'll just tell someone . . ." He waved over a busboy and whispered into his ear.

"Sir, it's really okay. We're fine." I told him, crossing my fingers.

Please, don't make us go and see B.A.P, I thought. Mr. Kim still doesn't know about Daehyun and I yet, and it would be beyond awkward - especially with Nana and Zelo!

"Come on, everyone loves B.A.P at the moment." Mr. Kim smiled. "Why wouldn't you want to see them?"

"We . . . we don't!" Nana lied, and I almost hit her. What an awful lie!

"But you just loved the performance." Mr. Kim grinned in amusement. "And you were very excited about seeing them today."

 

*                 *                 *

 

I stared at the sign on the door that said, "B.A.P dressing room." It had the member names listed underneath and the times they were performing.

A harassed looking stylist came out of the dressing room, muttering under her breath.

"Thank God it's the last performance . . . Ruined the bloody pants again! Don't they know how long it took for me to sew them?" She asked nobody in particular.

I gulped. Why was I so nervous? Everything would be alright, right? I just had to somehow figure out how to tell Daehyun not to mention anything about us, or not mess anything up. That goes for the others as well. I have a feeling that Youngjae would be the type to let something slip.

Mr. Kim knocked on the door, and poked his head around it, keeping it shut just enough that we couldn't see in, nor could they see out.

"Guys, I have two people here to see you, be nice, okay? Or else I'll give you another comeback." Mr. Kim threatened, and I heard groans of distaste.

"We're not animals to be viewed in the zoo." I heard someone, perhaps Daehyun mutter and I frowned. Who said we were paying customers? We were dragged her against our own will!

"Girls, come in." Mr. Kim told us and opened the door. He grabbed Nana and I by the arms, and pulled us into the room. I barely had time to locate Daehyun when someone ruined the whole thing.

"Joyce! Nana! What are you doing here?"

Mr. Kim frowned deeply. "How do you know them?" He asked, slightly annoyed and I groaned internally. Why did this feel like deja vu? It was like what happened with Ahjussi with just perhaps a few alterations.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

I didn't uodate as often as I have been because I have major tests coming up - including Physics today - eep!

I also had to get two projects done - on which I have yet to decide a topic and then two essays as well. Why do I leave everything to the last minute and just watch vlogs and dramas?

Anyways, please comment ^_^

~* Fighting *~