Daehyun's POV

The English Teacher

 

 

Daehyun's POV:

I sighed as I was washing up. When Joyce and I had come back from shopping, B.A.P had grilled me over it. They knew I liked her, they knew that I wouldn't listen to Yongguk, and they knew that I wouldn't stop until she was mine. We were talking late into the night, sometimes we would shout at each other, but I knew it wouldn't escalate into anything physical. As much as B.A.P didn't want to see me with Bambi, because of our idiotic Manager, and his idiotic rules, they were finally happy that I was moving on. It was fair enough to say that my last relationship didn't end well. At all. It's been roughly six months since we . . . broke up. I stopped thinking about her the minute we did, I had B.A.P to concentrate on. They were more important than that leech.

I didn't want to tell B.A.P about the kisses. I knew they'd get furious with me. And besides, I wasn't sure what they meant. I just knew Iliked her. Even though she kissed me as well, I wasn't positive if she liked me back. There was only one course of action. I would have to confess to her. But could I? Knowing that I wasn't allowed to go out with her. But, I couldn't bear the the thought of someone else getting there before me.

When Joyce came into the kitchen to give out to all of us, she scared the hell out of me. She was dressed in shorts and a small t-shirt. She didn't seem to realise until Himchan pointed it out to her, and she ran back embarassed to her room. For some reason I got really annoyed. It wasn't like I was annoyed that I saw her, but that the rest of B.A.P saw her like that. In clothes that didn't cover her up properly. They all started laughing when she left, so I gave Zelo a quick, but hard slap on the back of the head. The eejits were still chortling going to bed.

The next morning Joyce, I could tell she was uncomfortable around me. She kept fidgeting beside me, and just as she was about to get up, I slipped my hand into hers. She calmed down after that. My heart threatened to break my ribs, it was pounding so hard. I hated it when she had to leave for school. It was the worse time of the day. At least I got to drive her there though. I went to pick Zelo and Joyce up after school, but Zelo said she had to do something. I offered to wait, but he said that there was no point, she'd be a while. He was looking at me strangely. I wasn't sure if Zelo liked her or not. I hoped not. I wouldn't like to get into a fight with him over a girl.

We were all worried about Joyce when she didn't show up when it got later. Yongguk hyung was pacing the floor, looking up at the clock every two seconds. Youngjae was trying her phone, but she wasn't answering. I don't know what time we all dozed off, but it was around midnight. We all just pretty much collapsed. I stirred in my sleep when I thought I heard someone come in, but it wasn't loud enough to wake me up. I started tossing again when I heard the shower going off, but we were all deep sleepers. It takes a lot to wake us up.

We were all shocked when we woke up. Jongup found Joyce in her room. When we woke her up, she was like a deer caught in head lights. She had a cut on her cheek. She didn't want to talk about it and kicked us all out. I heard her cry out and burst into tears. I badly wanted to break down the door and comfort her, but something told me, that would only scare her more. So, I followed Yongguk hyung to get some breakfast. Joyce came out a while later. She avoided eye contact with us. The cut on her cheek looked nasty, even if she covered it up somewhat.

She came into the living room, I was hoping that she would sit beside me, so that I could comfort her, and hug her, but unfortunatley, she sat down in the armchair. I couldn't tear my eyes off of her, completely ignoring the programme on the T.V. She seemed to sense us all watching her, and when she said she was going out, I was just about to say I was going to go with her, when Zelo beat me to it.

They weren't out long, but Joyce came back before Zelo. I had told Zelo to not let her out of his sight, before he left. Zelo came into the house a minute later, while Joyce was unpacking some shopping. He gave me the low down on what happened, and I told him not to worry, that I'd take care of it. I went into the kitchen and found Joyce sitting at the table, crying. It almost broke my heart. I gently wiped her tears, and let her cry on my shoulder. I really wanted to know had happened to her, but she wouldn't tell me. When she had stopped crying, I found myself staring into her eyes. I started slowly moving forward, and was relieved when she didn't pull back. Just as I was about to go in for the kill, the damn maknaes interrupted us. I had a feeling they knew what was going on. They knew I liked her, so . . . 

 

                                                                    *           *          *

 

"Hey, hyungs, have you seen Joy? I want to show her something." Zelo asked the other B.A.P members and I, just as we finished washing up. I turned around. I thought she was sitting at the table, not saying anything.

"We've searched everywhere, and we can't find her," Jongup elaborated, "She's not here."

I frowned, furrowing my brow. We can't have had our backs turned for more than ten minutes. Where could she have gone?

"Her job!" Zelo realised, locking eyes with mine. "That's where she was yesterday!"

"Her job?" Himchan asked, confused.

"She works in a nightclub," I explained. "But, I thought she quit? I told her to quit!" I muttered angrily.

Yongguk went down the hall and came back with a pile of jackets, tossing one to each of us.

"C'mon," he told us. "We have to go get her, it's not safe."

I breathed in, trying to calm myself down. I didn't want to go into the club, I've been terrified of them, ever since I could remember, because of him. 

Youngjae noticed my hestitation, "Are you okay, Dae?" he asked me in a low voice. Him and B.A.P were the few people that knew about my past. "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"No," I said firmly. "I have to." I steeled myself up, and followed Yongguk out the door.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________