Hospital 1.1

The English Teacher

 

 

The beeping was a regular, dull sound. It was ominating from the machine at Nana's bedside. I wanted to turn it off; I wanted to ensure that it wouldn't disturb Nana. However, I couldn't. If I did that, a nurse would just come and berate me.

My elbow slide from where it was supporting my head, and the side of my face hit the table. I sat up, rubbing my cheek. The noise startled Zelo, and he looked around him in confusion.

"Sorry." I whispered.

Zelo stared at me for a few seconds, as if he were trying to remember what was going on. Then he looked back at Nana, still unconscious.

Some of her hair had been removed so that the doctor could stitch her head. She had cracked her skull, and she had ten stitches. The doctor who had treated her, said that he suspected that Nana had hit something sharp to do such damage.

I suspected that when Dongyul pushed her, or whatever he did to her, Nana it her door of the door frame. That .

"You should go and get treatment." Zelo told me, and brushed the hair that was in Nana's face.

"Ani, gwenchana." I told him. I didn't want to go and get treatment, and miss Nana waking up. I was worried about her, and I hadn't gotten my arm seen to yet.

I don't know where Mr. Kim was, everything had pretty much passed in a haze. All I knew, was that B.A.P were all here. Mr. Kim was not here.

To be perfectly honest, I am not even sure how we got here. I wasn't really paying attention. I guess that I drifted off while we were coming here. I remembering getting in a car, just not which one, which type or when.

I think that I was just too worried about Nana. It was like my head was coming up with different scenarios where she died. It was a scary place to be, and I hope to never go there again.

"Joyce, you should get your arm checked." Yongguk told me in his no nonense voice.

Himchan, Yongguk, Youngjae and Jongup were all sitting down in chairs in the room. They had all fallen asleep a while ago. I don't remember when Daehyun left or if he were even here in the first place.

"I don't want to leave Nana until she wakes up." I protested.

The door opened and Daehyun walked in, holding a paper tray of hot beverages. I scanned his faces for signs that he had been hurt by Dongyul.

However, he appeared unharmed. He was as flawless as ever. I guess that Daehyun had the upper hand.

"Here." Daehyun handed Yongguk a cup, and put one beside Zelo. Zelo muttered a thanks to him, and Daehyun nodded his head. He didn't give one to me, but put the rest by B.A.P's sleeping figures.

 

"Have you seen the doctor yet?" Daehyun asked me.

"No, I want to wake until Nana wakes up." I told him, and cast a fertive glance at Nana.

"Don't be silly." Daehyun scolded. "Your hand will only get worse."

"But-"

Daehyun silenced me with a simple piercing gaze.

"I-want-to-wait-until-Nana-wakes-up." I said quickly, and grabbed ahold of Nana's limp hand.

"Zelo will call me if she wakes up." Daehyun told me, and peeled my uninjured hand off of Nana's. "Come on."

I was a little amazed that he had managed to understand me, but I suppose that someone who talks as fast as him and who can understand Zelo's rap, would be the most likely to be able to understand me.

"But, but . . ." I stammered, unable to think of another reason in my befuddled state.

Daehyun walked out of the room, towing me behind him. His hand was holding mine. I didn't want to think about how a few seconds ago, his hands were punching someone. Afterall, he had done that to protect me.

Contrary to what he once said in Lotte World - about his being a bad boyfriend, because he was never there to save me - he sure was proving himself wrong. He had saved me from Dongyul so many times since I had been back in Seoul. I was lucky to have him.

Daehyun brought me up to the nurses station and asked them to check out my arm. We were sent down to an x-ray centre, where they needed to scan my arm.

As we were waiting in the little plastic chairs, waiting for my turn, I leaned my head on Daehyun's shoulder.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" Daehyun asked, a little surprised.

"You saved us." I explained.

"You don't need to thank me for that." Daehyun told me, much to my surprise. "I'm your boyfriend. It's my job."

"Still." I said and smiled.

 

As more and more people went into the x-ray room and came out, I sighed. Daehyun placed his head lightly on mine.

"You have some explaining to do." He told me suddenly.

"Me? About what?" I asked in confusion.

"What was Dongyul talking about?" Daehyun asked, and then asked a hundred and one questions relating to Dongyul, and I kind of tuned him out a small bit.

I sighed when he finally paused, and put my hand over his mouth so he couldn't ask any more. His eyes narrowed at me, and before I could explain or take my hand off his mouth, he kissed my palm.

"Ah, what are you doing?" I asked, and wiped my hand on his jumper.

"What are you doing?" Daehyun asked.

"Annoying, pabo." I muttered darkly under my breath. I exhaled slowly. Where to start?

I told him not to interupt me while I was talking and began to explain to him from everything. Everything I had neglected to tell him, I told him in that moment. I told him about Dongyul's bargain and what he had made me read.

"I . . ." Daehyun was lost for words.

"Your turn." I demanded.

"About what?"

"How . . . Why did you come into the hotel? How did you know?" I asked. Truthfully, the question had been bugging for a while.

Daehyun let out a single "ha" in reluctantness to tell me. "Well, I seen Dongyul going into the builing. Hyungnim had said something about Dongyul earlier, right? Well, hyungnim seen Dongyul as well. He voiced a few concerns about Dongyul . . . and I . . . acted before I could think."

"I'm glad that you did." I smiled, and Daehyun held my hand again.

"Does it hurt?" Daehyun asked softly and looked down at my arm. I looked at it as well. Honestly, I hadn't really thought about it before now, but since Daehyun had brought it to the front of my arm, I had to admit, it did hurt.

"Yes." I said.

"I didn't get there soon enough then." Daehyun sighed. I wanted to him after he said that. He was being too harsh on himself. He saved me from a lot worse - and taking that into account, what was a sore arm?

I didn't get the chance to reassure him, however, because someone came out of the x-ray room and I was sent in. Daehyun was going to come in with me, but a nurse told him to sit back down.

Daehyun sat immeditately, like a puppy being scolded by its owner. The great Busan Wonbin, cowering in front of a middle aged nurse, I should tell Nana about this to make her feel better.

 

*                 *                    *

 

"Nana!" I cried, totally at a loss for words when I seen that my bestfriend was awake and talking to B.A.P with a light grin on her face.

She still looked as if she were suffering the effects of the medicine. Her face was drawn and pale.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded Daehyun and Zelo.

"You were getting a cast on. I couldn't let you just leave!" Dahyun refuted.

"You still could have told me!" I whined, and rushed over to Nana's side, pushing Youngjae out of the way. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Well, you're obviously hurt, but are you feeling okay?"

"Joy, I am fine. Relax." Nana told me. "Are you okay? You've a cast on."

"I just broke my arm, don't worry about it." I said airily and waved her concern off.

"Just?" Nana and Daehyun asked together.

"Yes. You split your head, so I'm more worried about you." I told her.

"Worried old Ahjumma." Nana murmered.

"Yah! I heard that." I cried indignantly.

"Good." Nana told me and stuck out her tongue at me.

I smiled, at least she was feeling well enough to mock me - that was a good sign. Really, I didn't mind if she mocked me, as long as she was better.

 

*                      *                      *

 

I don't know how, but somehow Daehyun and I had ended up in a fight. I think it may have been because he wouldn't give me any of the food he had gotten at the canteen.

He had gotten me food, but Nana had taken it. I couldn't stop her either, because she was sick. Daehyun point blank refused to give me any of his food, because it was "my fault that Nana had stolen my food and I should have stopped her."

Youngjae had gotten annoyed and given me his food instead. I was still annoyed at Daehyun though. I wouldn't have asked him, but he did have three more portions than a normal person would be able to eat after a hunger strike.

Daehyun had more than enough food to feed all of Super Junior, to himself, but he still insisted that he eat it himself. He was a bottomless pit for food.

The news that was playing began to annoy me, and I stood up. I stretched and popped all of my bones. I grabbed the coat that was lying in a huge pile of bags and jackets, that were abandoned in an empty chair.

"Where are you going?" Nana asked, curiously, finally dragging her eyes from Zelo, for the first time since they had found him an hour ago.

"A walk." I answered as I stuffed my arms through the armholes in my coat. "I want to get some fresh air."

Nana nodded her head mutely and returned back to her conversation with Zelo. I could feel Daehyun's eyes on me as I left the room. I walked down the hospital hall, my feet echoing off the tiled floor.

Truthfully, I didn't like hospitals ever since my Mum died. It was a place of life and death, and I didn't like the ambuiguity that surrounded them. You were either hot or cold, you couldn't be both - yet, hospitals found a way to do that.

I breathed in the fresh spring air, when I got outside. The smell of freshly cut grass and flowers was riding on the wind, and the smell was heavenly.

"Ah!" I cried, as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped in shock and turned around slowly to see a smiling Daehyun. His eyes were in shining crescents.

"Did I scare you?" He asked in delight.

"Go away." I told him, and began to walk around the hospital. The sun was shining on me, and I didn't really need my coat.

 

"Don't be like that." Daehyun told me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, which I shook off.

"You're the one who thinks that food is more important than their girlfriend's stomach." I told him. We were coming up to the car park now.

"Food isn't more important than your stomach." Daehyun protested, and I raised my eyebrows. "It's my stomach that's more important than yours."

I laughed and kept on walking. I think I always knew that food was the only thing on Daehyun's mind.

"You laughed, that means I'm forgiven." Daehyun cheered, and grabbed my arm. He swung it up the air. "Admit it, you can't stay mad at me, because I'm so handsome and funny, and you just love me."

I laughed again. I turned around to tell Daehyun to stop being so egotistical and conceited, but someone beat me to it.

"A bit big headed and boastful there, eh, Daehyun?"

Daehyun's hand instantly let go of mine, and I folded my arms behind my back.

"Hyungnim." Daehyun said in shock.

"Daehyun. Joyce." Mr. Kim greeted us.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

I'm going to go now and sleep for a year ^_^

Oh, by the way - did anyone notice? It's back to normal? Yay!

~* Fighting *~