The Next Morning

The English Teacher

 

 

Daehyun's POV:

I was just about to explain why I was there when she was attacked, when she fell asleep. You Babo, I thought, Why do you always fall asleep at the wrong time? Or do I bore you? I sighed. I guess I better get going. Joyce had left a blanket at the side of the couch along with some cushions. I gently laid her down, and put a cushion under her head, then I put the blanket over her.

I was just about to go out the door, when I looked back at Joyce. She looked so angelic, sleeping soundly. Without thinking, I went back to Joyce, and kissed her on the forehead. "Sleep well, Joyce" I whispered to her. I think I've fallen for her . . .

 

                                                                        *            *           *          

                 

As I got closer to the dorms, I realised that I had left my jacket and mask with Joyce. "Damn," I muttered. Thankfully the fangirls had all gone home. I slipped in the door, and run up the stairs with all my groceries. It'd been over two and a half hours since I'd left, and I'd forgotten my phone, no doubt they were all worried about me.

I opened the door and prepared myself for the onslaught of questions bound to come my way. I decided not to mention Joyce. After all, what happened to her was a pretty personal thing, I shouldn't be blabbing it to everyone.

"Yah, I'm home!" I called out. I was greetind by silence. I put the shopping away and went into the shared bedroom. They were all asleep. I poked Youngjae awake.

"Yah!" he muttered, "What was that for? What did I do?"

"Aish! Going to sleep without me! Anything could have happened to me, and none of ye stayed awake!" I gave out.

"Mwol? Are you only getting in now hyung? But . . ." he looked at his phone, "it's past one o'clock. Where were you?".

I snorted. He was attentive now. I flicked him on the forehead. "If you wanted to know that you should have stayed awake" I said, climbing up into the top bunk, and falling asleep easily.

 

 

                                                                                       *                *                    *

 

Joyce's POV:

I woke up disorientated. My alarm was chiming my favourite song. It was Sunday, but part of my deal meant that I had to tutor B.A.P on Sunday's aswell. That means I had to get up, when all I really wanted was to do was lay in bed. Huh, I don't remember falling asleep on the bed with the covers over me. All I remember was Daehyun here. . . Omo, Daehyun was here. Because of the attacker. I shuddered. I didn't even want to think about it. 

"Oh no!" I groaned. I fell asleep while Daehyun was here, hitting myself in the forehead. Wait . . my forehead. I remember something touching my forehead. He couldn't have kissed my forehead . . . could he? I shook my head, no, he wouldn't. Why would he? I was plain, old simple Joyce. No guy ever looked at me. While all my firends got boyfriends, I was the only one who stayed single. I looked at the clock, Oh no! I was going to be late again!

I threw the cover off me, and noticed that I still had Daehyun's jacket on. Aish! How was I going to explain that? I got ready, and put his Jacket and the mask I found on the floor into a bag to give back to him. I was really dreading the walk there, but thankfully Ahjussi was outside.

"Joyce," he greeted me. "Listen, this is strictly a once off, so don't be expecting more of these, this is actually the last one, I just needed to talk to you about something. Hop in."

"Yes, Ahjussi. I really appreciate this." I said, and got in the car.

 

                                                                           *                  *                *          

 

I entered the B.A.P dorm twenty minutes later very disheartened and dreading the lesson. I put the bag on the table. Zelo was the first to see me, and he called his other memebers, and they all took a seat on the couchs, while I sat on the arm chair. I smiled at them all, especially Daehyun, and he smiled back. I had a feeling that we were going to get along a lot better now. Zelo, saw our exchange and started gibbering away, as per usual. I was mostly tuning him out until he said something interesting.

"And Joy, did you see Daehyun's face. See, he's got a bust lip and a black eye. He won't tell us who did it, so we can beat them up." said Zelo, shooting Daehyun a look. Daehyun reached around Jongup and slapped Zelo.

"Yah! Watch it! You almost hit me!" complained Jongup.

I was staring at Daehyun. I hadn't noticed it before. The bruising had got a lot worse. His right eye was covered in a purple bruise with splotches of green. Daehyun was looking at the ground. Embarrased that I was looking at him.

"Um . . . Joyce are you ok? Your has gone as white as a sheet." said Yongguk. He noticed me staring at Daehyun. "by, any chance, do you know what happened to Daehyun?"

Daehyun's head snapped up the. He shook his head at me mouthing "No".

"Um . . . no" I lied. "I just remembered something stupid. I thought I left my um . . . hair straightner on, but then I remembered that I curled my hair." Appa always said I couldn't lie to save my life.

"Right . . ." said Yongguk sarcastically.

"Well, shall we get on with the lesson?" I asked with fake cheerfulness. I felt dreadful. There didn't lok enogh make-up in the world to cover that up.

"Sure," said Youngjae, always eager to learn something new. "What are we doing today?"

 

I laid ten sheets of paper face down on the coffee table. "So- these are interview questions that Ahjussi wants me to ask you. Someone picks a sheet each week, and I ask you the respective questions each week. It's that simple. Arasso?" I asked.

They all nodded ther confirmation and had a little squabble over who got to pick.

"Yah, why not do rock, paper, scissors?" I suggested.

Finally, they had a victor, Zelo. He closed his eyes and picked one at random and handed it to me, and waited to hear the verdict.

"You're not going to like this," I warned. "It's 'Your Romantic Life'."

"Erghhhhh . . . " they all groaned and went to hit Zelo over the head. He put his hands over his head, protecting his Ramyun hair.

"Okay, so who wants to go first?" I asked. "Anyone?"                              

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________