Nana

The English Teacher

 

 

"Joycie," Himchan cooed. "It's time to wake up for scho-- YAH JUNG DAEHYUN! WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING HERE?"

I immediatley jolted awake. I felt someones hand around my waist, and without even thinking pushed them away from me. They fell with a thud on the floor. Cautiously, I peered over the side of the bed, and Daehyun was sitting on the floor, rubbing his backside. Suddenly, all the memories of last night whizzed through my brain. Oh, crap. I thought. Did I agree to be Daehyun's girlfirend?

Himchan was towering over Daehyun, looking like a disappointed mother, whose son had just come home and told her that he had failed all his exams. He reached down and grabbed Daehyun's ear and pulled him upwards, so that Daehyun was standing.

"Ahh, hyung. Let go!" Daehyun pleaded, clawing at Himchans arm.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING? I WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT SORT OF THING IN MY HOUSE!" Himchan roared, his face began turning puce. I was kneeling on my bed dumbstruck. Then I realised what Himchan thought. I jumped off of my bed, and tried to pull Himchan's arm off of Daehyun's ear.

"Oppa, it's not what you think," I told him. "He wasn't supposed to fall asleep in my bed, I guess he was just tired."

Himchan looked at me, and seeing the sincerity inmy face, released Daehyun. Daehyun cupped his ear.

"God, hyung. What was that for? Do you really think that either me or Joyce is like that?"

"Ergh, I guess not. I just got carried away. Mian," Himchan apologised, turning red from embarassment.

"Okay, now taht the mystery is over," I said. "It's time to get out of my room, so I can get ready."

 

                                                                    *           *          *

 

"Joy, you havve to wake up! You'll get detention otherwise. And you still have to teach us English!" Zelo hissed in my ear. My head was down on the table. For some reason, I was so exhausted. It must be from listening to Ms.Choi drone on and on about the Korean war. I hadn't slept well last night either. Himchan had decided to lock my door at night so that Daehyun couldn't get in, and I had a nightmare.

"I don't want to. Just give me two more minutes," I whined.

"Oh, look we have a new girl!" Zelo told me.

"Annyeonghaseo. Song Nana imnida" A familiar voice chimed. I just ignored it and kept my head down. I heard the teacher telling her where to sit.

"Joy, she looks kind of sad," Zelo commented. He had turned around in his seat to get a better look at her.

"Wae?" I asked him curious.

"I don't know. But she keeps looking sround. Maybe she's looking for someone."

"Maybe," I said, I lifted my head off of the table and started taking notes, not bothering to look at the new girl.

 

Lunch time came around quickly.

"Joy, can we ask the new girl to eat with us?" Zelo asked me.

"Wae?" I asked him shocked.

"She's kind of cute," he shrugged. I smiled, Zelo liked someone.

"Sure," I told him, grinning. While Zelo asked the girl to eat with us, I put my books in my bag. I heard the two of them come up behind me, she must have agreed. I turned around and froze.

"Laura?" I squealed.

"Joy?" she squealed back, just as high as me.

"What are you doing here? And what's with the name? Why are you here? Where are you staying?" I asked her, my words coming out as one big long sentence.

"Yah, breath Joy! Why the hell didn't I see you at first? Where are you staying? I went around there, but they told me that you moved out! Why didn't you tell me? Or your Oppa and Appa?" She retorted.

"Aish, so loud! Um . . . Nana, you answer Joy's question first," Zelo told Laura.

"Erm . . . Okay." She gave a weird look, probably wondering who he was, and how I knew him.

"Well, Appa decided to apply me for this high school as well, because England became pretty y after you left. Because of my grades, I got accepted staright away. I wanted a more authentic Korean name so, Appa told me my Korean name. I was given one at birth, you know. Anyways, I decided to go by 'Nana' so I don't stick out like a sore thumb. Oh, and I'm staying at a hotel right now. Just until I find a place to stay. I was kind of hoping I could crash with you." She looked at me with puppy dog eyes and pouted, turning on the aegyo.

"Well, this is awkward," Zelo joked.

"Wae?" Laura looked at him curiously.

"Don't listen to this babo," I told her, stepping on Zelo's foot.

"Ah! Joy! Wae?"

"Anyways, erm . . . I'm kinda staying at a new place?" I tried to explain. "But, I didn't want to worry anyone so I didn't tell you. I have new landlords, so I'll have to ask them if you can stay for a while."

"I'd say it'd be okay Joy," Zelo whispered in my ear.

"Jinjja? But, I'd better ask Oppa's just in case.

Laura Nana, and I spent all of lunch catching up. She told me about everything that was happening in England. I didn't tell her anything about the stuff that had been happening here. I wanted to tell her in private, away from B.A.P. I knew I could trust Nana, and she was so smart, she'd probably help me. I didn't tell her anything about Daehyun either. I needed to tell her over hot chocolate and cake. I also was dreading telling her about B.A.P. She'd probably freak out that I was the only girl living among a group of guys. She didn't seem to recognise B.A.P either. Like me, she was a V.I.P, except her bias was G-Dragon. You can't even begin to imagine the fangirling moment we had when 'Knock Out' was released.

 

"Are the pair of ye coming or not?" Zelo asked after school. After lunch had passed by uneventfully. I didn't see Taerin at all, and that only pleased me more. I was starting to mistrust her. Why didn't she come into school that much? I only ever seemed to see her when Zelo wasn't around.

"Ne. Oppa." I grabbed Nana's hand, and walked after Zelo.

"Joy," she whispered in my ear so Zelo, who was a few feet ahead of us, wouldn't hear. "Are you going out with him?"

"Mwoh?" I almost burst out laughing. "Ani, babo. Actually, he thinks you're cute." Nana looked at me suspicously.

"Are you sure?" she asked me.

"Ne, and besides, I like someone else." I confessed sheepishly.

"Mwoh? Who?"

"I'll tell you later, but we gotta go now, or Zelo will leave us behind." I pulled her hand, trying to catch up with Zelo.

 

                                                                     *             *               *

 

"Can I open my eyes yet?" Nana asked. Me and Zelo had made her close her eyes, so that she wouldn't get shocked or freaked out by the dorms, or the fangirls. Zelo had gone ahead to warn his hyungs, while I stayed with Nana guiding her to the dorm room. I slowly opened the door. B.A.P were all sitting down on the sofa, watching us. I lead Nana to the armchair and told her to sit.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now."

Nana slowly opened her eyes. She took in the scene before her, and freaked out.

"Omo! Joy, tell me you do not live here. With six boys! How could you? Do you not know that your Appa and Oppa are totally going to flip when they see this? And what about Ahjussi? You babo!"

I waited for her to finish her rant and she had calmed down a little, before I tried to placate her.

"Nana-ah, try to calm down. It's not what you think. I was teaching them English, and then mt house was em . . . vandalised," I tried to find the right word without scaring her. She stared at me bug-eyed, but I continued anyways, "so Oppa's decided to let me move in, and they've been minding me ever since."

She stared at me for a moment, before scrunching up her forehead so that her eye brows folded together. Out of the corner of eye, I saw Zelo smile.

"Fine, but what about Appa, Oppa and Ahjussi? Do they know?"

"Ani. I didn't want to worry anyone."

"Wait, what happened to you?" Her eyes, widened as she remembered what I said.

"I'll tell you later, not in front of them," I muttered low enough so that B.A.P couldn't hear.

"Fine, but you better tell me!" She looked at me fiercely for a second, andI nodded my head. "Oh! And waht about the guy you-"

I clamped my hand over before she could finish. She my hand.

"Eww, what was that for?" I wiped my hand.

"Don't do that again!"

"Well then, don't say that again!" I snapped.

"Mwoh? Wae?" She glanced at the boys as if realising that they were there for the first time. They were watching us, like a good movie was unfolding in front of them. "Oh, it's one of them!" Daehyun smiled behind a mask that he was wearing. I could tell bevause his eyes became smaller, and the sides crinkled. All the members looked at me, and then at Daehyun. I blushed red. So they knew. Figures. Trust Himchan and his big mouth.

"Oh! Nana, this is Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and of course you know Zelo." I pointed each of them out in turn and they all bowed their head to her. "Oppa's, this is Nana. My best friend."

 

Yongguk agreed to let Nana stay with us, since she had no where to stay, as long as helped out with the chores and cooking, and maybe even teach them some English as well. Nana had immediately agreed, but told us that she would be looking for an apartment, and as soon as she found one, both me and her would be moving out.

We were all relaxing on the couch, watching T.V, when Nana started talking to me.

"You know, you really shouldn't like anyone right now, you know," she told me.

"Wae?" I asked her. All the attention in the room was focused on her, instead of 'Flower Boy Ramyun Shop'.

"Because, your Appa decided that you should marry Jinyoung," she told me, with a serious expression.

"Mwoh?" Daehyun asked incredously.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________