Evil Maknae

The English Teacher

 

Zelo's POV:

 

I have to confess what I did before it eats me alive. I am the worst maknae in the history of . . . I don't know. Move aside Kyuhyun, here comes Zelo. The most evil maknae in the history of k-pop.

I really didn't think before I did it. Daehyun hyung was just being so stupid. Maybe if he weren't such a hothead, I wouldn't have done it. But, that's all moot now. Daehyun hyung is an idiot and I am evil (as well as brilliant, of course).

So maybe the accident wouldn't have happened if there was tighter security, and everything would have gone swimmingly. Daehyun and Joy more than likely would have kissed on stage, and everything would have gone back to normal again. But, of course life isn't as simple as that. Some of our fans are . . . deluded, I suppose would be the word, with their fantasies, and see us as their personal objects.

It happened once and it will happen again and again, until they finally realise that stalking our every move and not letting us breathe isn't the way to support us. The correct way to support is to stand back and let us do what we do best - sing, dance and rap. We're entertainers, not puppets.

But, I'm getting off topic. When Daehyun finds out, I am so dead. He was just so mopey and annoying to live with. He isn't the only one who lost someone they like. We all did. And I was just strating to think that Nana and I were becoming closer. I have to admit at the start she was so infuriating and she was like a speck of dirt that I just couldn't clean, but now . . . I find myself missing her. And it's weird.

I was worried about her seeing the peporro game, and that she would see me kissing the fan. Thank God that it didn't happen though. My lips are innocent, and they will stay that way until a time I chose, not the idiotic MC or company.

But, back to Daehyun and why I am killed. He was more annoyed when we came back from the hospital than the morning we had woken up to the night. He had gotten really angry at Seungpyo hyung back then. I have never seen him more mad than at that moment. The fans always commented him, saying that he was so handsome, but if they saw him at that time, they would be more afraid of him than Yongguk hyung, and they wouldn't dare to approach him with their confessions and presents.

When he gotten into the van, he had just rubbed his temples in a circular motion, occasionally commenting on something that Youngjae said. None of the things that he was saying could be repeated in front of children either. He was cursing everything in sight. For one second, I even thought that he would curse Joy, and burn the bridge of ever getting back together with her, but thankfully he stopped himself just in the nick of time. And when I say just in the nick of time, I mean just in the nick of time. It was a close call, but he stopped himself.

 

 

We've been promoting our new song, Power, for a while now. We shock fans and celebrities alike with our powerful performance, according to a news article. Therefore, TS wants us out there, promoting as much as possible. So, we pretty much travelled up and down the country, performing Power for anyone who would take the time to listen to it.

Before we left, however, I got an idea. I remembered how Daehyun hyung had been a little annoyed anf flustered that he had forgotten Joy's birthday, so I had an idea. I thought we should bake some cakes for her. Yongguk suggested that we bake her the cakes that she taught how to make. I was supposed to slip into her desk in school. That was all well and good, but I may have diverted from the plan.

The food came out better than I thought it would. It was all edible and nothing would kill you. And just before I put the food in the desk, I may have wrote a small note for Joy. Nothing major, just a small confession from Daehyun hyung.

In all fairness to me, though, Jongup was the one who suggested that we include a card or something. Daehyun shot him down though, and being the "impressionable" maknae that I am, the idea stuck with me. So, when I was free from judging eyes, I wrote a small note from Daehyun.

It took ages for me to come up with. I put some serious thought into it. It wasn't as if I just wanted to sabotage any chance they had of getting back together. I'm nicer and better than that. I just wanted everything to get back to normal, pre-leaving era.

Daehyun hyung's writing is also really hard to imitate. It's lie a messy scrawl, so I did have hardships. I don't want to compromise my neat stye, so I took aboard a great risk when I was copying him.

I wasn't exactly mschy with the letter and I didn't say anything that I didn't believe to be true. I may be evil, but I don't lie . . . most of the time . . . well, whenever I feel like being truthful. I did, however, use hyung's pet name for Joy that he had used long ago, "Bambi", and it was positively cringe worthy writing it down. I am proud of myself in a way for actually having the courag to use it, and not change it. I didn't leave any x's because I didn't know if that was Daehyun's style. Thinking back though now, it probably is, since he was sort of whipped. That aegyo he did still haunts me to this day.

The last part was a little ambigous. I don't know if she'll actually come and visit. If she does, I am going to be in serious trouble. That's why I need to tell them before she comes, if she even comes. Joy would though, right? I invited her after all, so there is no reason for her not to come and visit . . . or "Daehyun" did at least.

But the thing is that I am too afraid to tell Daehyun what I did in case he flips out at me, like he did before. Gosh, out of all the possible people that TS could have put me in a group with, why did I have to be in a group with a psycho? They should know that I am too young to deal with this degree of crazy in people.

 

 

"Zelo? Ten minutes till show time." Yongguk hyung told me and patted me on the back.

I was sitting in a Mnet dressing room, anxiously ringing my fingers. The make-up artists were desperately trying to cover up the bags underneath my eyes and their enourmous amount of make-up was spread out on the table beside me.

The dressing room was coveredin clothes of all types of colours. From the black leather costumes we wore in our Warrior era and our white outfits with splotches of paint, up until the clothes we had come in. They were discarded in the floor, and we were decked out in army camoflage style outfits with thick, heavy black boots.

The other guys were already ready; the stylist noona's had long since finished with them. I was just the last to be done since I was the maknae. Jongup and Youngjae were playing a game of Kai Bai Bo. Yongguk was nervoulsy pacing the floor, and Himchan was fixing his clothes. Daehyun was in the corner playing a game on our shared iPad that our kind fans had generously given us. Now, those are the kind of fans that I absolutely love.

To an outsider, they would all appear relaxed and suprisingly un-nerved. However, I was not an outsider, and the small lines of stress, worry and anxiety were perfectly visible to me. If you looked hard enough, you could see the small wrinkles already starting to appear, and the black bags underneath our eyes that the make-up barely managed to conceal.

I thanked the stylist noona that was working on me once she was finished, and I sat down beside Daehyun. Today was Friday, so if Joy decided to visit tomorrow, I would not be around on Sunday to tell the tale.

"You missed the shot." I muttered, and pointed towards the place on the iPad screen where Daehyun should have shot the bubble to pop the rest of the bubbles.

"I know. Move your hand. I can't see." Daehyun scolded me, and moved the electronic device out of my reach.

Great. He was in a foul mood. Am I seriously supposed to tell him now? But, when else am I supposed to tell him? I am running out of time! Aish!

 

 

"H-hyung? Can I tell you something?" I asked quietly, hoping against hope that he wouldn't flip out. Daehyun put the game away, and frowned at the weak note in my voice.

"What did you do?" Daehyun asked suspisciously. "Did you eat my food again?!"

"Aniya, it's not that." I reassured him, and furiously shook my head. "I may have done something that I shouldn't have. But, I didn't do it to intentionally be bad, I was trying to help, but I'm worried that it wouldn't come off that way. I swear that I thought I was doing the right thing. I didn't even thing about the repercussions that it would have. I know it was stupid, but-"

Daehyun clamped a hand over my mouth to stop my rambling. I was gesturing a lot with my hands, so he used his spare hand to grab my thin wrists and lock them together.

"God, you talk a lot, Zelo!" Daehyun exclaimed and gave me an exasperated look. "What did you do? And don't give me any of that 'I'm sorry' crap. What happened?"

"Well . . . I kind of . . ." I sighed. Daehyun would be able to see through my excuses anyway. "Well, you know the birthday present we gave Joy?"

"Yeah." Hyung said dubiously.

"Well, I may, okay, well I did write a note to Joy from you." I confessed sheepishly.

"You what? What did you say in it?" Daehyun asked, and shook my shoulder lightly.

"I may have told her that you were sorry, and that the only reason you got angry at her was because you were so worried. I also may have asked her to come and visit." I muttered.

"Junhong, I swear that I am going to murder you! What were you thinking?" Daehyun said and cast me a dirty glare. "No, wait, of course you weren't! She's going to think that-"

"B.A.P to the stage. B.A.P please make your way to the stage now." A montone, robotice voice announced from overhead, effectively sutting Daehyun off.

I bounced to my feet. "C'mon, hyung, let's go. We have a stage to perform on." I chirped, and scampered out the door after Yongguk, leaving a dumb struck Daehyun.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________