Concert

The English Teacher

 

 

"C'mon, get up." Nana said as she tried to shake me awake.

"No, I don't want to. Go away." I mumbled groggily and pushed her small figure off of the bed.

"Hmphf." She said as she rubbed her backside. I smiled into my cushion and turned my back more firmly on her, enjoying my little slumber and wanting to extend it as long as possible. Suddenly, I felt like I was in an earthquake. My bed was shaking violently. I threw the blanket off of my face, and saw Nana jumping up and down with an evil smirk plastered on her face.

"Get off!" I said when she wouldn't stop.

"Never!" She chimed, and started jumping up and down with more vigour. "Today is the day I meet my future husband!"

"Who? Zelo or G-Dragon?" I asked which made her stop. I smiled in triumph, but it was immediately whiped off when Nana collapsed on top off me. I rolled over, trying to push her off. Instead, I found myself on the floor, while Nana was lying where I was, not two seconds ago. I sighed in defeat and walked into the bathroom to have a shower.

 

"I have nothing to wear!" I heard Nana complain as she walked into my room. Without even waiting for an invitation, she walked over to my wardrobe and started sifting through my clothes.

"Ooh, this is cute." She said, and showed me what she had picked. I looked around from where I was sat at the dresser, curling my hair. It was an outfit that Daehyun had bought for me all those millenia ago.

"No. You're not allowed anything from the right side of the closet. Those are all special. Pick something else." I told her forcifully. I had seperated my closet into sections; clothes that Daehyun had bought me, and clothes that I had bought myself.

"Your so annoying. That's the better half of your closet." She stomped her foot on the ground, and tried to find something else. Eventually she found an outfit that she liked; a baggy jumper with stars, skinny jeans and hightops. She left to do her hair and make-up while I chose an outfit.

I brushed my finger from left to right over the hangers in the wardrobe, trying to decide what to wear. To be honest, Nana was right. Everything that Daehyun had bought me was a lot nicer than what I had bought myself. I closed my eyes and twirled in a circle a few times and pointed my finger at random. I peeked my eyes open and sighed. I was pointing at the bed. I gave up and just picked out a dressy top, denimn shorts and a brown leather jacket that Daehyun had bought me.

I was both happy and sad to wear the clothes that he bought. It reminded me of happy times, but it saddened me because everything had changed now. In truth, I was dreading the concert. There was a fan signing event beforehand, and we were being forced to go to it by Namsoo, since he knew nothing about the whole B.A.P/Daehyun situation and we weren't planning on telling him soon.

After we were all ready, we joined the flocks of people heading to Seoul National Arena for the concert. Only a select few people were invited to the fan signing after the concert, and since we had prime seats, we were one of those select few.

 

 

*            *            *

 

 

Daehyun's POV:

 

It's been a little over two months since the last time I saw Joyce and Nana. They guys were upset by their sudden disappearance as well. I should have known that something was wrong when she went straight to bed. Aish! Why wasn't I born with brains or common sense? I ruffled my hair in anger and a stylist noona immediately scolded me. I dropped my hand immediately and Youngjae laughed at me. I reached around and smacked him on the shoulder. He tried to return the hit, but one of the stylist noona's came over to me and to fix my hair and make-up.

Zelo was bouncing around on his toes until Yongguk told him to stop. We were all on edge. BigBang had invited the day we went to Lotte World, and Yongguk had discussed it with Manager hyung who had said 'yes' straight away. They didn't tell us about until everything was settled and all the details were hammered out. This was our first stage for our new song 'Power'. It had taken us three months to learn. Nana and Joyce never actually saw how hard we worked. When the two, Zelo and Jongup were at school, the rest of us were recording. Zelo and Jongup then had to go to the studio to record their pieces. I felt the most sorry for them since they had double work. I counted myself lucky that I didn't have to go to school anymore. The two even had to miss some school when we had to learn our choreography. To say the least, it was a stressful song.

Just then, Manager hyung came into the room and gave us an inspirational speech. Just the usual. "You can do it . . . Fighting!" That kind of stuff. He really needs to learn some more motivational quotes. Himchan nuudged me when he thought I wasn't paying attention.

"So, you guys know that you have to go to the fansigning afterwards, right?" He said, and I looked up shocked.

"Fan signing?" I asked. This was the first I heard about this.

"Just the standard meet and greet, the same as you did in Incheon. Sign a few albums, talk to them and play a few games with the lucky ones." He told me. "But, didn't Yongguk tell you?"

"He did, Daehyun hyung wasn't listening as usual." Zelo said.

"Yah! I'm your hyung, don't be so mean."

Zelo snorted and went back to being nervous. Our vocal couch came in next and went through a few drills with us to warm our voices up. Jongup was in the corner going through a few moves and the tension in the room was tangeable. Finally, a voice spoke over the loudspeaker.

"Calling B.A.P to the stage. Five minutes until you go on. Five minutes. I repeat, calling B.A.P to the stage. Five minutes."

"Hey, Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, Junhong?" Yongguk called us, and we froze and walked over to him. "I just want to let you all know that I'm glad that out of the people TS chose for this group, I'm glad that it was you guys. I couldn't have asked for better team mates. I know that you're all going to kill it out there, so make sure to give it your all, and make everyone proud."

No one said anything for a while; we were all too busy absorbing what he had just said.

"Aish, go you guys." Yongguk finally said and pushed us out the door and lead us towards the stage.

 

 

*               *              *

 

 

"That was . . . "

"Amazing." I finished Himchan's sentence for him. He nodded silently.

"You did me proud." Manager hyung told us.

"Jeongmal? Thanks hyung." Zelo said brightly.

"Now, go get changed for the fan signing event." He told us.

"But, can't we watch-" Jongup asked but was cut off by Manager hyung.

"No. go get changed."

We all scowled at him, and instead of being offended, he laughed, which, in turn, made us even more annoyed.

 

"Thank you for supporting us. Please anticipate us in the future." I said in a fake cheery voice and smiled brightly at the girl. Sure, I liked meeting all the people who supported us, but after a while it got a bit boring and repetitive. None of the fans ever noticed though. The girl giggled and smiled at me.

"I will, Daehyun oppa!" She laughed and moved on to the Himchan who was seated beside me. I was the first on the row, and then it went; Himchan, Jongup, Zelo, Youngjae, Yongguk. No one was moving forward, so I looked patiently at the line. Two girls were standing with an older guy at the top of the line. They didn't seem to want to come up. Too intimated, perhaps? I cleared my throat and took a drink of water. Eventually the guy got the message they weren't moving anytime soon so he pushed them forward.

"Yah, what are you doing? I thought he was your bias?" He hissed to one girl and I smiled when I heard that. It was always nice to hear. It was so surreal to me that people worldwide knew who I was and they actually liked me. It was daebak.

I looked at the girl again and did a double take. The clothes were so familar to me. Where had I seen them before? Maybe I saw her during the concert? Or outside the event? I couldn't see her face though because her hair covered it. It was as if she didn't want me to see her face. What possible reason could she have for that though?

"Annyeonghaseo." I said and bowed my head to her. I took the album she offered me. I did a quick squiggle on the front cover. "Did you enjoy the concert?" I asked in an attempt to engage her in conversation so that she would look up. She did a quick bob of the head, but kept it down all the time. She took the album off me quickly and moved onto Himchan. I pursed my lips and looked at down at her. She wouldn't look at Himchan either. Wae?

An album was placed in front of me, and I wrote my name on it for the hundredth time today. "Did you enjoy the day so far?" I asked her. She was the same as the first and wouldn't look at me. What was with these girls? All the other people here were desperate to catch my eyes. Why weren't they?

She was the same as the one in the familiar clothes, as she nodded her head and moved onto Himchan without even muttering a word to me. Suddenly an album was slammed in front of me.

"Omo! Daehyun oppa, you were amazing up there today. I didn't know you were so good-"

I sighed and mentally slapped my forehead. Back to the constantly talking fans again.

 

 

*             *             *

 

 

"Are you all excited for the games?" The MC asked, and the hundred or so fans gather cheered enthusiastically at his question. "Who wants to win?" He asked, and there was more shouts.

We were on a small stage in an equally small hall. It was only big enough to house a hundred and fifty people. Since BigBang were world recognised artists, they didn't have to do this. That's what we were here for, and besides they had to go to the next concert location where 2NE1 where accompanying them.

He dipped his hand into a large bowl filled with the names of the fans. He picked out six pieces of folded paper and handed one to each of us. He motioned for us to open them one by one and read the names out. We were standing in a line in the same order that we were for the fan signing.

"Gye Suah."

"Park Jango."

"Song Jiae."

"Go Eumri."

"Kim Sumi."

I opened my piece of paper and my eyes widened at the name. Was this right?

"Erm . . L-L . . . " I took a depth breath and spoke as loudly and clearly as I could, while scanning the crowd. "Joyce Lee." I said and the members turned around to look at me in shock and Himchan even peeked discreetly at my slip of paper.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________