Curling Iron

Gone as We Know It

I woke up early in the morning to make breakfast for Jongin and Ambrosine.Today was September 10,Ambrosine's 17th birthday.

I made pancakes and sausage.I set the table and walked upstairs.I walked towards my room and woke up Jongin."Jongin,wake up." I whispered.He quickly woke up."Yeah?" he said in a tired voice."Let's sing happy birthday to Ambrosine!" I exclaimed.Jongin got up and grabbed the cake.

We both walked towards Ambrosine's room and knocked on the door.

"Yes?" Ambrosine said in a sweet voice."Can we come in for a moment?" I asked her.Ambrosine laughed."It's open."

Jongin and I entered her room.Ambrosine was sitting on her bed.She yawned.

I looked at Jongin and nodded."Happy birthday to you." Jongin and I sang at the same time.

Ambrosine's eyes went big.She smiled as she looked up at us.

When we finished singing,she got up to blow out the candles.

"Thank you!" she spoke.I hugged her tightly."You are growing up so quickly." I pretended to sob.Ambrosine pulled away and laughed.

"Oh!" I started."I have something for you." I remembered.I pulled out a purple box.

Ambrosine's puppy nose turned red.She grabbed the box carefully and unwrapped it.

When she saw what was inside,she squealed."A curling iron!" I nodded.She grinned happily."I have been wanting to curl my hair.I need some curls." she went on and on.

I brushed her hair."You know,I can do it for you." I told her."Truly?" she asked me.I nodded and motioned her to the bathroom.

Ambrosine jumped up and ran towards the bathroom.I kissed Jongin's cheek."You should get ready for work." I told him,before following Ambrosine to the bathroom.

I took the curling iron out of the box and let it sit for a minute.Ambrosine stood in front of the mirror with me behind her.I brushed out her hair and yawned."Are you tired?" Ambrosine asked me.I shook my head."Today is your special day.I'll be fine." I assured her.

After I curled her hair,I looked at her in the mirror.She is so pretty.She looks like an angel,but a few steps higher.

I hugged her one last time and smiled."I'll leave you to get ready." 


As I was eating in the kitchen,Ambrosine came down.She was wearing a cute dress. h

"Hey mom!" Ambrosine greeted me.I smiled at her."New outfit?" I asked her.She nodded."Please don't tell dad." she  pleaded.

I laughed and shook my finger."Don't worry.I won't." I assured her.

Ambrosine walked towards the door.I quickly looked uo at her."You're not going to eat breakfast?" I questioned her,turning mother-mode on.

Ambrosine shook her head."Li Nee already bought me a smoothie." she told me.I sighed."Be creful.You know,with Li Nee.That girl is big trouble." I warned her.Ambrosine grabbed the door."I'll see you later?" she asked me.I nodded and she left.

I sat at the table,thinking about Li Nee.She is such a bad kid.Her mother doesn't even know that she smokes.

But,there is something that she has done that makes me not like her even more.