Ch. 30

Black Cat

updatiiiing.. okay u guys might be mad at the events that are going to occur but it gets better...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No.." Niel's voice was like a whisper as he clenched his teeth as well as his hands, willing himself not to cry. "Chunji is going to live right... he is going to be alive RIGHT?!?! RIGHT?!?!" he screamed as a single tear fell from his eyes. He slowly walked towards the boy that was curled up on the ground and he fell to his knees, "Chunji is going to be okay.. r-right.." his voice wavered as he couldnt help but let more tears escape.

The boy calmed down as he started to sit up, looking at Niel with glassy eyes, "He.. he is not..." he swallowed very hard as he tried to choke out the words.

"Wait.. Chunji isnt going to die is he?!?!" Ricky cried out as he started to sob and Cap tried to soothe him, he himself trying not to cry. 

Changjo removed L.joe's hands away and looked at Niel, he could tell the other was going to break down, the way Niel's body shook and the way his eyes were becoming red and glassy. "H-hyung.." he softly called out.

"Pl-please.. tell me you both are going to live.." she was holding her trembling son in her arms, trying to stop both her and Chunji's shaking. She looked down and Chunji was crying, his tears were bloodshot red as he was breathing through his nose unevenly.

"We.. have to go.. they are coming.. they will kill us if we dont go.." the boy said, trying to avoid this topic.

"No wait.. please tell us he is going to live right..??!" Niel desperately called, "please.. just lie!! I dont freaking care!!" he grabbed the boys shirt shaking him.

"Hyung.. stop.." Changjo sniffed as he walked towards his hyung taking his hands off of the boy.

"No but Changjo he didnt tell us!!" he screamed looking at the maknae, Niel felt like he was about to collapse, "HE DIDNT TELL US CHUNJI IS GOING TO LIVE YET HE DIDNT SAY-" 

Changjo stopped his words as he pulled his hyung into a tight hug, "Hyung.. shh its okay.. everything will be fine.. everything is going to be okay.." Changjo voice squeaked and his throat was heavy but he did his best trying to sound tough and trying to make his hyung feel more confident.

Niel broke down completely as he clutched Changjo's shirt crying his heart out, "Changjo.. he cant leave.. Chunji cant die.. he has to live.. he has to!! I dont want him to leave me.."

L.joe try to clear his throat, trying to stay tough for everyone. But he couldnt help but cry a little bit. He looked over at the mother who was clutching her son close to her sobbing. He looked at Ricky who couldnt even look up as he muffled his cried in Cap's shirt while Cap himself was hugging the boy trying to get him to calm down and wiping his own tears. He looked at boy, who stood there. He looked heart broken, and he knew whatever the boy was going to say, it wasnt what anyone wanted to hear.

L.joe breathed in and out, he knew everyone had to get out. The boy said they were coming, and he knew they had to leve. Everyone was not being themselves, so he had to take charge, knowing they dont have enough time left. "Okay.. we need to leave now!! You guys can cry later.. but no one will live if we continue to stay here.." L.joe spoke out.

The boy  nodded, "He is correct.. we have to go now.. there is a exit through these tunnels.. its underground.. so we have to hurry.." he pointed down the hall where there was a tunnel big and dark. He still clutched his stomach, the intense pain was not easing away, it was bubbling and sizzling inside. He shut his eyes closed, he didnt want to imagine how Chunji was feeling since he was only feeling a sense of it. The actual pain lies within the older Chunji.

"Does it still hurt.. your stomach.. what did they do..?" she asked as she started to calm down.

The boy gulped, he didnt want to say anything, he didnt know if he should, "I.. I.. um.."

"Please.. tell me.." she begged, she wanted to know what these inhuman people did to her son.

"They.. injected poison in his stomach.. some sort of acid.. it was burning his insides.." he spoke softly.

They all cringed as she clenched her teeth. "Okay.. we have to stop this.. and we have to go now.." L.joe said shuddering at the thought of his stomach being burned.

They all nodded and Changjo who was hugging Niel asked him, "Are.. you okay now.. hyung.." he knew how much Niel loved Chunji, and he could not imagine the amount of pain he was feeling.

Niel beathed in and out, then nodded. He pulled away and smiled at the maknae, "yea.. thanks dude.." 

"Someone has to carry Chunji.. but do not carry him on your back.. its bad for the stomach," The boy warned.

She got the chains off and looked up at the others, "I.. unfortunately cant carry him.." her voice was a bit raspy.

Niel walked towards them, "I will.." he carefully picked up Chunji, he was light.

Cap whispered in Ricky's ear, "Are you okay.. we have to go.." Ricky nodded but still held on closer to Cap scrunching up his shirt. Cap started to walk with Ricky still in his arms crying a bit.

L.joe nodded at the boy and started to walk ahead with him to the tunnel. Niel carried Chunji in his arms, and he couldnt help but look at him. The stitches were very well done, and was tight as well. "Chunji.. we are.." he swallowed a lump in his throat, "you are going to be okay.. I promise.. I wont let anything happen to you... I promise.. you are going to live.. and we will go back home.. with your mom.. and we will have as many candy canes as you like.. and we will go to a lot of fun places.. just please.. stay strong.. and keep living.." he whispered to the other, biting his lips.

Chunji started to shake a bit and he made a noise that sounded very soft but still could be heard by Niel, "Hnngh.." he started to breathe through his nose unevenly as Chunji's hands moved just the slightest grabbing Niel's shirt softly.

Niel's eyes widened as he bit his lips harder a tear escaping his eye, "Y-you are awake.." his voice croaked as he tried to keep his voice softer. "You.. really can hear everything... are you hurting very much.. I am so sorry Chunji.. you dont know anything and you arent aware of your surroundings and the pain you are feeling must be so new.. you should not have to experience it at all.. you are just like a kid.. why cant they understand that.. you arent evil.." he took a deep breathe in, "I wish you were asleep.. you shouldnt feel this pain."

He held Chunji tighter, "Dont try to do anything.. try to rest.." he whispered as he followed the rest into the dark of the tunnel.

There were many twist and turns and the boy knew where exactly to go. L.joe followed closely behind. The tunnel was eerie and cold. It was a bit hard to see but not impossible. Everyone was quiet and kept walking but what startled them was the voice that echoed through the tunnels.

"THEY ESCAPED!! FIND THEM NOW!! DONT LET THE EVIL DEVIL LEAVE THIS CASTLE DO YOU HEAR ME?!? THAT MUST BE HERE AS WELL.. FIND THEM BOTH!!" a man screamed and he sounded vicious.

"They know we are gone.. we have to run.." she said as they all started to run. They didnt need to know what he was saying to figure out that they found out.

"They must be in the tunnels," a deep voice said and the women eyes widened.

"They are coming through here.. we have to hurry.." she whispered and the others started to panic.

"Hyung.. I am scared.. we will make it out right.." Ricky voice whimpered and looked over to Niel who was running carefully carrying Chunji. The thought of Chunji made him want to cry again.

Cap help his hand tighter as they ran, "We'll be fine.. try to stay strong for me okay.." Cap voice wasnt the strongest right now and he too was scared.

"How long do we have to run.." L.joe asked the boy that was a bit ahead of him.

"Just a bit longer.. it shouldnt be that long.." they all flinched as they heard a gun like sound and the tunnel started to rumble.

"Oh god.. they are gonna cave us in.." she shouted.

Ricky held to Cap's hand tighter, "Hyung I am scared.."

Changjo looked back and could here the gaurds still running, "They are still after us.. what do we do... how do we stall them.."

She kept running until she came to a slow stop. Then she used her power in her leg then lifted it up kicking the wall beside her then ran. The wall broke and created a blocked path for the gaurds. Everyone stared amazed but was still running, "Woah.. strong mom.." Changjo mumbled.

"It wont hold them for long.. but it should give us enough time to escape..." she replied.

The boy nodded and ran faster, "We should be almost out..."

He took a sharp turn and ran again. Niel carried Chunji tighty close to him, not daring to slip or fall, not wanting to hurt Chunji any longer. Soon they saw light and the boy said, "We have to hurry.. they will come out side soon.. so we have to run into the woods quickly.."

The others agreed and soon they were out into the light. They were so happy to see the outside world again. Though they heard gaurds screaming and more running and they took no chance in resting and ran striaght in the woods. "They know we are out.. we have to get away from here quickly.." she shouted.

"Is there any faster way than running," Cap asked and the boy sighed shaking his head.

It took awhile but they reached their destination. Niel fell on his knees gasping for air. Changjo walked towards him, "You okay hyung..."

He nodded hugging Chunji,"Yea.."

Changjo turned to the boy, "Is.. Chunji going to be alive.." everyone cringed at that question. It was like a needle in the skin but someone had to ask. The silence was dreadful as everyone looked at the boy but Niel and her who was beside Chunji. She was holding his hand while Niel continued to hug him, not wanting to let him go.

The boy swallowed his throat, he really didnt want to say anything, "He.. he is suppose to.." his voice and words were stuck in his throat. Closing his eyes, he sighed, "no.. he is suppose to die.."

That struck everyone deeply as they stared wide eyed at the boy, somewhere in them they knew what the words would be. "No.. please you cant let him die?!?!" Niel yelled.

"There has to be a way..." she spoke, ready about to cry.

"Please.. cant you do something.. anything.." Ricky desperately asked.

"Is there anything we can do.." L.joe's voice cracked.

The boy looked up and smiled, "There.. is a way.."

Everyone eyes snapped to his, "What.. what is it.." she stood up as she walked towards him.

"You.. touched the lake.." he said.

"What.." she stopped in her tracks.

"The lake.. you touched it... a part of the lake is in you... when Chunji drifted away.. I was left behind..  a part of him that lived in the lake watching over it... Chunji's life.. a part of his life is in the lake.. y-you.. can give it.. b-back... you can give part of Chunji's life back.. and he w-will be okay.." the boys lips trembled as he tried not to cry.

She ripped her sleeve revealing the pitch black skin. Everyone gasped as they looked at the black lake in her veins and body. "i.. have Chunji's life.. I can give it back.." she looked at the boy concerned, "why are you crying.."

The boy sniffed, "You should not have touched the lake.. it was going to slowly consume you and you will painfully die.. but if you give it back.. the lake will be out of you.." he hiccuped.

She bent down in front of the boy, his hair while pulling him into a hug, "It will be out.. why are you crying then..?"

He hicupped a bit more, "B-because.. if you give it back.. y-you will still die.. but f-faster.. it will still take a while but you wouldnt last that long.."

"What.." Changjo couldnt believe this niether could the others, "That cant be the only way.. there has to be some.. some way.. some other way.."

The boy shook his head, "No.. hic.. I didnt want you to leave.. I wanted you to stay with me.. hic... I dont want mommy to go.."

"Shhh.." she tried to calm her son, "its okay.. I rather have you alive then me.. I already lived long enough.. now it your turn.."

"Why cant this be.. a happy ending.. isnt there a way to make it like that.." Niel asked.

"No.. there isnt.. this is not suppose to be a happy ending... the black angel.. its failing... it cant make poeple realize the truth.. it knows there isnt any hope." The boy spoke. "Maybe some day.. but not today.." the boy said.

"Isnt there any way we can help," L.joe asked. The boy shook his head.

"How can I save you.." the mother asked.

The boy's breathe hitched, "First you have to take the stitches off.. and just touch his forehead and I'll do the rest.."

The mother nodded and pulled away walking towards Chunji. "Wait.. there has to be another way.. you made an agreement to come with us and live with Chunji in our world.." Niel said.

She shook her head, "You know as well as I do that this is the only way... I rather have my son alive.." she smiled as she bent in front of Chunji and slowly started to undo th stitches. Her claws came out and were careful enough to rip the string, and Niel slowly helped pulled it out.

The other watched in slient. The atmosphere, it was dark and they didnt like the fact that it had to end this way. Changjo walked over L.joe and sat down, "Hey.. um good job trying to be the leader.."

L.joe smlied and nodded, "Yea.. someone had to.." he nudged the other, "are you okay?"

Changjo pulled his legs up and hugged them biting his lips. "Yea.. its just.. its been hard being here.. and Chunji.. he.." he swallowed hard, not wanting to cry.

L.joe looked at him and pulled him into a hug, "You know.. its okay.. you can cry.." Changjo shook his head. "You know you want to.. go ahead.. I'll be here for you as you were with Niel."

Changjo bit his lips harder and couldnt help but let out a sniffle and L.joe let him cry in his shirt, that sounded muffled. "Wh-why.. did it have to end like this.. I didnt want anyone  to die.." he hiccupped as L.joe hia hair.

"Its okay.. life isnt fair.." he pulled away and kissed Changjo's forehead  then his nose.

Changjo looked at L.joe woth watery eyes, "H-hyung..?"

"Shh.." he pulled him back into a hug, "lets stay like this for awhile.."

Changjo hugged him back snuggling into L.joe. Cap also pulled Ricky into a hug. "Hyung.. it isnt fair.. why.. its just isnt fair.."

"I know.. I know it isnt.."

She was done taking the stitches out of the skin. Sighing she bent down and kissed Chunji on the forehead and the cheeks. She his cheeks, "Know that I always loved you.. and I may not be the best mother.. but.. I did what I could.." she looked at the boy, "I am ready.."

The boy looked at Chunji and his lips and eyes were very much bruised. He could tell he was sleeping. He looked up at the mother, "O-okay.."

Niel looked at Chunji and carressed his hair, he couldnt fufill the promise of bringing his mother with them. "I'm sorry Chunji.."

The wind was cold and the sky turned to dawn. The atmosphere was tensed, and it was dead slient. They all knew, that this would be one of the days that they would never forget.

----------------------------------------------------------------

okayyyy i am done!!!!

i really at making sad depressing events...

i can never seem to cry.. but well..

it will get better.. u no.. for the most part..

its okay i hate angst also...

but i hope you enjoyed..

:D