Ch. 1

Black Cat

OKAYYYY... WOW, I CANT BELIVE IM UPDATIING.. I AM SERIOUSLY LAZY RIGHT NOW... SO THIS IS A SURPRISE.... so this is a actual update... and the poll was really pointless, i ended up updatiing after my second...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She gently tucked her son in bed making sure he is comfortable. "Hey mom.. can you tell me that story again?" he asked as he shifted in bed.

She laughed at her son eagerness, "But I already told you many times..."

"Please mom, I love that story, please mom please!! I'll go to sleep faster.." he gave her those pleading eyes.

She smiled as she leaned in and kissed his forehead, "Alright, but you have to promise you will go to sleep after this, okay Daniel.."

He nodded, "Yea.. I promise.."

She sighed as she laid right next to him and his hair, "Alright.. now there is a world where all the people are half animals. There are half snake, half birds, half fox, there are many half animal people. Each type of half animal has their own clan, and there is a specific type of clan that are-"

"Half cats!!!" Niel interupted.

She laughed as a smile portrayed on her lips, "Yes.. half cats. There are white cats, gray cats, orange cats, many different colors of cats, but never a black cat. As the legend says, each individual cat are blessed by the angels, and a black one was blessed by the devils. One day.."

----Story------

As the sun was shining, a woman in the clan was pregnant. People gave gifts and blessed them all the happiness. She was an ordinary woman, that lives with her husband in a house. Her neighbors would occasionally come visit her and help her while her husband was at work. The day she gave birth, people from across the clan came and went to see. When a new born child is born, they get their cat tails and ears  on a full moon exactly at midnight.

"Oh he is so cute!!!" one of her neighbors squealed.

She smiled as she carried her son rocking him back and forth, "Yes.. he is my cute and adorable little angel..."

"What are you going to name him, when the full moon arrives.." she asked.

The woman thought for awhile, "I dont know... but when the time comes for him to get his ears and tail, I'll know.." she smiled looking at her precious son.

 

"Is everything set, do you needme to do anything else.." the husband asked walking towards his wife who is holding their child looking at him.

"No dear, everything is set.." she replied looking at him as he leaned in giving him a kiss on the lips.

"Thats good," he checked his watch, "they should becoming soon..." 

Today was the day, the full moon, today was the day their son was going to get his animal parts, to see which color he would have. The mom was a white cat, as the dad was an orange one. The door bell rang and he walked to answer it, "Welcome..."

More people came and all the ladies were in a group talking to the woman with her child and chit chating while the father was with the men. Midnight was drawing near and people were anxious, they wanted to see the new born child with his cat parts, which color he would have. A new born child getting their animal parts was the most precious time for the parents, knowing the angels blessed their child and giving them a new experience.

"Its almost time," he whispered to his wife smiling at both of the.

She smiled back, "i know..." it was 11:55 and the people were getting more excited, they wanted to see the boys ears and tail. She was standing by the window gazing up at the moon, it was so bright and it shined on them. What color, what color was his ears, which angel blessed her son. Each color had a specific angel that blessed them, they chose that person, their angel was inside them, some parts of that angel is inside the person they chose. But there is a devil, one devil, that blesses a child and giving them black ears and tail. It is said that if a devil blesses a child, that child will become a monster, they will bring bad luck cause trouble, killing, like how a devil is, doing the devil's work. But no one was blessed by the devils in generations, they say the devil died and has been killed.

She sighed, two more minutes, until midnight. "Dont worry, midnight will come.." her husband said kissing her cheek, "less than two minutes left.."

"I know..." she said still looking at the moon that is shining so brightly on her and her son.

"I'll get you a drink.." he said and walked away.

There were only less than a minute left. She couldnt wait, she was really eager to see her child's cat parts. "20 seconds left.." she whispered to herself. It was drawing nearer, and the suspense was killing her, she wanted to know. There was ten seconds left, and she was counting down every second. Finally, the countdown ended in a one and she quickly looked at her child to see the animal ears and tail pop out.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH..... NO... NOO!!" she screamed, and everyone was startled and the husband ran to her.

"What happened," then he saw it, the tragedy.

Everyone started whispering, wondering what happened. She stared at her son in horror, "No... why... why?!?!" she started to cry.

"What happened," one of the woman asked, "what color is he?"

Another gasp and gave a shriek, "That child had been blessed by the devil!!!" everyone was shocked, and started to panick.

"We must tell the leaders... that a black cat has been born.." a man said.

"Dont bother naming that monster... he doesnt deserve one," another man said patting the husband shoulder.

The husband looked at his son in disgust, "Tch... what a disgrace.. we must get rid of that thing.."

Everyone left and she cried, looking at her son in the crib, "Why... why my son.. why did you pick my son?!?! He did nothing wrong... we did nothing wrong... why couldnt it be some other child.." she sniffed and looked at her son. She gently carressed his cheek, "Why... there was never a black cat in years.. why now... are you punishing us!! I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.." she knew the consequences of having a black cat. They always killed the newborn if it was a black cat, but this was her first son, she didnt want to lose him, no, she couldnt let that happen.

There was hand placed on her shoulder, "Dont worry, we'll get rid of this devil... dont cry, the leaders said to kill him, they can do it.." he had misunderstood of why she was crying.

"No.. this is our son.." she sobbed.

"No.." his voice got strict, "this thing isnt our son... he works for the devil..."

"We havent named him yet.."

"He doesnt need a name..." he sighed, "they said the devil was reborn..."

She shook her head, "No..no.. they cant kill him, they cant.. anything but that... they cant kill.. my child.."

He sighed, "I'm sorry.. we cant let him live.. we will take him to the leaders.." he said and walked out. News spread very fast, and people already started to gossip.

She sniffed as she looked at her son, "No... i will not let them kill you.. I wont.." she stood up and carefully picked him up. Her ears and tail came out, and she grabbed a coat and a basket. She opened the window and jumped, then ran.

She stopped panting very hard. This was her destination, a place where no one is allowed to come, a place where it is forbidden to come. She stood in front of ocean, but this ocean was black, pitch black. They say if you sail on black ocean, you never come back. People travel to a place, another world, they can never return. 

She held her son tight and started to cry, "Okay.. now, you are much safer this way, much safer than in the clan.. you will be safe where ever you end up, and that will be your home. I'm so sorry, I cant let you die.. I hope you grow up to be a good boy, please be a good boy.. you are my child, my son.. you would never hurt anybody, never..." she sniffed. She knew what she was doinf was dangerous, especially if anybody caught her. She quickly placed her son in the basket wrapped up in a blanket and her coat, "Where ever you go.. please be safe, I love you.. please know that I love you very much no matter what you are... and I will miss you.." she gently placed a note in the basket, and wrote down his name, a name that no one can know, no one can she named him, "I'm sorry.." she placed a kiss on the child forehead and placed the basket on the ocean. She stood there and watched it float away until it dissappeared into the night.

------End story------

"And she stood there.. in the cold, watching her only first born child, float away.." she stopped when she heard a sniffle. She looked down at her son and laughed, "Daniel... are you crying again?"

He sniffed, "But its soo sad... how could they do that..."

"I know... I know... I wouldnt take it if I had to do that to you.." she kissed his forehead.

"What's his name?"

She smiled, "i dont know... it doesnt say.. we are not suppose to know.. its a secret between him and the mom.."

"Where did the baby go.."

"They say the baby floated away, and is still floating waiting to be send to another world.. waiting.." 

"What happened to the mom.." he asked.

"She... the next day when the leaders found out the baby was gone... they questioned her but she wouldnt say anything.. only.. 'I dont know' and they locked her up for eternity... for letting a demon get away... the husband defended her, and tried to get the truth out knowing if she had told the truth they would let her go...."

"Thats horrible.. why.. thats not fair.."

"Thats just the way they are.. now go to sleep... you need your sleep Daniel, my baby needs his sleep.."

"Okay... I love you mom.."

She smiled at her four year old son, "I love you too... now go to sleep.." she kissed his forehead. Slowly Niel started to close his eyes andsoon he fell asleep.

----------------------------------------

"Hnngh.." he shifted in his bed and opened his eyes. He sighed, it was that dream again. His mom passed away a few years ago and she told him that story many times. He felt bad for that black cat. He glanced at the clock and realized it was too early so he closed his eyes. He snuggled up closer to the body next to him, petting the other's hair. Wait what body?!?!? Niel has no room mate in his dorm room. He shot his eyes open and gasped jumping back, "WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!"

He looked at the person next to him. It was a boy curled up in a ball asleep, and he had black ears and a tail. Niel eyed the boy his eye twitching, "This is a joke right..." he leaned in and rubbed his eyes. Nope, this isnt a dream either, it was real, and those ears and tail were defitnetly real. The boy was wearing clothes, a shirt and jeans but they were ripped and everything. The boy looked like he was around his age.

He noticed a note on the boys shirt, Niel grabbed it and it read, 'His name is Chunji, please take care of him'. Niel looked at the note eyes wide, this boy couldnt be the boy in the story could it. Of course not, the boy in the story was a baby, but his mom did say that he floated on that black ocean for a long time, but he had clothes on, yup this guy was defitnetly not from the story. A person came dressed as a half cat that happened to be black, snuck in his room and slept next to him, yup thats it. Niel sighed, as much as he liked to belive that, he couldnt, he knew it sounded stupid.

Niel looked at the boy and started to panick as the boy started to wake up. What if he starts to hurt him, what if he kills him just like it said in the story, he was blessed by the devils after all. Niel gulped as he started to tremble, Chunji was waking up.

Chunji slowly woke up and sat up rubbing his eyes. He looked around the room as his ears twitched up. He looked confused and when his eyes landed on Niel he froze. Niel was getting scared, the way the other sat there. Chunji had cat like eyes, there were yellow. Chunji tilted his head as his ears started twitching. He crawled closer to Niel and Niel sat there frozen.

Chunji brought out his hand and slowly brought his index finger up poking the other on the tip of his nose. He tilted his head again and poked his own nose and looked at his finger. Chunji looked at Niel tilting his head once again.

Niel cleared his throat, he couldnt believe this was happening. He stared at the confused cat boy, "Um.. hi.. I.. uh.. I'm Niel.." the other just stared in confusion. Niel started to straighten himself, "Uh... can you speak?" the other just stared at him. Niel sighed, "Of course you cant.. cant believe this is real, okay, you cant speak.. of course you have been floating on a ocean for years.." he finally concluded that this boy was from that story, and he's right, Chunji cant speak, he doesnt understand anything, this is probably the first time Chunji has seen another human.

"Um... can you.. uh.. okay, I am Niel... and you are Chunji..." Niel stated. Chunji just cocked his head to the side looking confused. Niel gave another sigh, "Great... now what?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

okayyyy i am done........

so i finally started.....

hope you guys like it..

enjoy..

^^