005

You Are My Sunshine

You'll never know dear...

----------

---Sumin's POV---

Luhan and I walked seperately into the hospital. I didn't understand why he was so hostile towards me, he didn't know me. "Luhan-ssi!" I called after him. He stopped and gave me a look.

"C-can you please not act...unfriendly, infront of the kids." I stopped him before he could argue back,"I don't mean that you're a bad person, I just meant I don't want you to upset them...since they're ill."

Luhan stared at me,"Fine. For the kids. Not for your sake." I nodded,"A-arraso...but may I know why you...dislike me?" 

"Your smile-"

"Sumin, may I speak to you?" A doctor smiled. "It's about the children." I looked and him and gulped. I bowed to Luhan,"I'll be there in a moment, go to the children first." 

Luhan nodded and I went with the doctor. Hopefully it was good news.

The doctor and I walked into his office. The doctor sat down on his chair and I sat in the one infront of his desk. He gave me a warm smile,"Do you want something to drink?"

I shook my head,"No thank you Dr. Lee...now what is it you wanted to speak of?" Dr. Lee sighed,"Sumin, why don't you just stay in here in the hospital? You're getting weaker and weaker-"

"I already told you. I don't want to be locked up here. I need to the see the world, the light while I still can..." I smiled. I looked at him,"I am fine."

"But your heart isn't!" Dr. Lee argued. "I want to help you Sumin! Just take my advice and do the tests already..."

I hugged myself and looked away,"I can't. I won't. Now good day Dr. Lee." I stood up and bowed. Dr. Lee called me once more,"Sumin...please. You're not getting any better..."

"Im fine with that. Its not like anyone will care if Im gone." I whispered with a sad smile, I left the room.

I walked down the hallway and silently cried my way to the childrens room, holding my chest. I know Im not getting any better. My heart hurts so much...But what can I do? I need to live normally like everyone else and smile.

 

Luhan's POV

I wonder what that's about?  I headed into the elevator and headed up to the children's room. I knocked on their door,"Kyungmi-ah? Jie-ah? It's me." I popped my head through the door and smiled.

The two children smiled like angels when they saw me,"OPPA/HYUNG~" I smiled and walked over to them,"I have presents~!" 

I helped them both sit up,"Alright, Kyungmi here is yours." I handed her a pink bag. Then I smiled at Jie,"Here is yours." 

They both opened up their presents quickly. "WOW!!!" They squealed.

Kyungmi held her Hello Kitty dolls,"Oppa, I love it! Thank you!" Jie gasped as he held his PSP. "A-a P-PSP?! H-hyung isn't that too much money?"

I just smiled at him,"It's fine. Hyung wants his dongsaeng to have the best of the best." Jie smiled up at me,"Thank you hyung."

I played with the kids for a while, until I heard the door open.

"Sorry Im late!" Sumin rushed in. The kids looked up,"Noona/Unnie, look what oppa/hyung bought me!" They said in a unison. Sumin looked at me then at the kids,"Omo..Luhan-ssi..."

"I wanted to do something for the kids..." I shrugged,"Plus I promised to buy them something." Sumin gave me one of her smiles.

The rest of the day we played with the kids. We took them out for a walk in the gardens, and fed them lunch. The end of the visit came and it was just Sumin and I walking to the bus stop.

"Thank you Luhan." Sumin spoke first. I glanced at her, she was looking up at me with kind eyes,"Your a good man."

I blushed. No one ever called me a handsome, yet she called me a 'man'. Which I am one. Im usually associated with the words cute or childlike looks.

I fixed my hair, even though it wasn't messy, and breathed in,"What can I say. I have the  money, why not spend it on ill kids?"

Sumin laughed. It was like a tinkling bell, literally. "Your words may sound harsh, but you have a kind meaning behind them."

"That is a compliment right?" Sumin nodded,"Yes it is." I rolled my eyes,"Good or else..." Sumin eyed me,"Or else what?"

We both were infront of the bus stop. I could see the bus in a distance. I looked down to Sumin, a smirk formed on my lips,"Maybe I'll tell you next time." I whispered close to her face.

The bus stopped infront of us and I boarded in first, as usual. A victorious smile on my pretty face.

Sumin hurried in and went to the back of the bus without looking my way. I could see the tint of red on her pale cheeks.