017

You Are My Sunshine

My only sunshine...

----------

Sumin opened slowly opened her eyes. Her eyesight was blurry, and she squinted from the brightness. She groaned as she sat up on her bed. 

"SUMIN!" Male voices yelled and gathered around the bed. Sumin's eyes trailed upwards and saw Luhan. She sighed, for some reason she was relieved. Then she noticed all twelve eyes on her with worry.

Sehun and Tao had red eyes and they cried some more,"NOOONA!" They both grabbed your arms and hugged them tightly, but not too tight.

Kris and Suho sighed, but smiled. Exo was there the whole time. The night before they were suddenly surprised when they heard Luhan's door open and found him in a panic state,"SUMIN..." Was all he said. And all twelve boys rushed to the hospital.

Sumin smiled at the two maknaes and tried her best to comfort them, but they just wouldn't stop crying. The rest of Exo were just glad you were ok. 

Luhan felt like he could breathe easier now. "So what happened to me?" Sumin said in a raspy voice. Exo looked at Luhan then back at Sumin. 

"Your...heart." Luhan's voice was shaky, how could it not though. Sumin blinked and forced a smile,"Im fine now you guys...so don't..." She felt pain in her chest, but ignored it,"...don't worry." 

The boys didn't look convinced. Luhan's heart hurt. Even though she's in such critical state, she smiles like that.

"Boys, I think we should let Sumin rest." Suho beamed at everyone. Kris nodded,"Let's go boys. Schedules tomorrow." Luhan looked at the leaders and nodded in thanks. They both smiled at him and led the boys out,"Bye Sumin~! We'll visit soon!"

Sumin giggled, with a little cough, and waved,"Bye." 

Once they were gone, Luhan and Sumin stared at each other. Sumin could see all the stress and pain in his eyes. She scooted over and patted the empty space on the bed,"Lay down with me..."

Luhan didn't hesitate and laid next to her. He opened his arms so that Sumin could snuggled next to him and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Sumin sighed in content,"So warm and cozy."

"What do you expect, Im in my pjs." Luhan let out a soft chuckle and played with her hair. Sumin felt him kiss her hair,"I was so worried."

She looked up at him. Luhan was staring at the ceiling. Sumin noticed a tear roll down his cheek. "Oh Luhan." Sumin wiped it away with her thumb. 

He still didn't look at her, he felt weak. Luhan felt Sumin hug his chest tighter,"Don't cry. Please. Or else I don't know what to do..."

They stayed in silence for awhile. Then Luhan spoke up again,"You're going to fight hard Sumin. We're going to fight this disease together. And we'll win against it." 

Sumin looked down and felt Luhan's heart beat. She listened to its rythm, memorizing it. "Yeah..." Sumin whispered,"I'll win against it..." Deep down though, she knew it was a battle that was going to be tough. But she was prepared. Sumin had a goal. To fight for her love. For Luhan's sake and her own.

 

"Sumin! You're not supposed to be here!" A nurse yelped at the door of the music room. Smiling brightly, Sumin looked up from the piano,"Oh unnie, just this once."

The nurse sighed,"Fine, but not too long ok!" The nurse left and Sumin smiled in victory. She was not to be anywhere but her bed, the thing Sumin didn't want. To be a prisoner confined in her room. 

Sumin wanted freedom. Dreamed of it. Ever since that incident with her heart, the doctor didn't want her anywhere. She was too weak. So for two months she's been in her room. However once in a while, like today, she snuck out ot the music room. 

Sumin continued to play the piano with joy. Music was her escape now and so was Luhan.

Luhan looked over at his smiling girlfriend. The nurse informed him that she was in the music room again. He crossed his arms and studied Sumin. Pain crossed his face when he noticed how thinner she was getting, and paler too. But not matter how sick she looked, Sumin looked so alive whenver she smiled. 

"Sumin." A smooth voice called out. Sumin smiled,"Luhan."

Luhan grinned mischievously at his girlfriend and walked towards her,"Bad girl. What are you doing here hmm? Let's go back." 

Sumin shook her head and ignored him,"Nope! Im going to play for a bit. So relax yourself mister!" She giggled and continued playing the sweet melody.

Luhan kissed her cheek, causing Sumin to mess up on a note. Luhan chuckled and hugged her thin waist. 

He listened to her play for an hour, until it was time to get her back to her room. Sumin sulked a bit, but still had a small smile on her face. She was happy Luhan came. 

Luhan swung their hands. The hospital patients, nurses, and doctors smiled at the couple. Sumin and Luhan laughed and happily walked back to her room.

"NOONA!" Sehun cried and he hugged her,"Im missed you sooooo much!" Sumin's smile widened,"Sehunnie! Exo-K you're back from China?!"

Exo-K nodded with happy girns,"Missed us?" 

Sumin smirked playfully,"Missed M more~!" She stuck her tongue at them and climbed into her bed. Exo-K gasped and pouted,"Yah..."

"Im just playing silly boys." Kai pinched her cheek,"Uh-huh better be missy!"

Luhan slapped the boys hands away,"No pinching my girlfriend! NO TOUCHY." Luhan shook his index fingers at Kai. Kai rolled his eyes and muttered,"I hate happy couples." 

Everyone laughed and started to eat the cake Exo-K brought. While eating cake, Baekhyun was on his phone searching the web. Suddenly he started to choke.

"Baek, you ok?" Chanyeol patted his best friends back. Baekhyun shook his head,"We have a problem." He looked at Sumin and Luhan, both confused.

 

"Luhan's Secret Girlfriend?." Luhan read the article out loud. Sumin's eyes widened,"What..." 

Exo-K was surrounding Luhan and reading the article. Luhan continued...

"Luhan's absence from Exo has given off a weird, uncomfortable vibe to netizens. He's been volunteering to much at the hospital. Far too long, don't you think? Curious. Curious. What has our boy Luhan been doing all this time?

Recent witnesses have spotted Luhan visiting a girl about the same age. Seems like he's been visiting waay to much. Scandalous~! Yes? Seem's like Luhan's not the only person visiting this lucky gal. The whole Exo has been too! Just who is this mysterious girl?

Luhan's girlfriend?! If so...things will get juicy!"

Everyone was quiet. They all looked at each other. Sumin frowned and looked at the members,"W-what do we do?"

Luhan gripped Baekhyun's phone tightly. There were comments on the site. Most of people who commented were bashing about Sumin. He didn't read them out loud, but Exo-K saw them too and they watched their hyung's angry face.

He wasn't mad about the article. Hell he was happy to let people know he had a girlfriend. But what he didn't like was how people were insulting a girl they didn't even know. Especially when it was Sumin, his girlfriend with a heart disease yet always smiled like there was nothing wrong, was being bashed. That made Luhan angry. Really angry.