010

You Are My Sunshine

As I lay sleeping...

----------

The next morning, Sumin woke up with a comfortable warmth surrounding her. She slowly fluttered her eyes open. The first thing she noticed was Luhan's angelic face. "Omo!" She whispered in a high pitched voice. 

She looked down and saw Luhan's arms tightly around her waist. Sumin looked back up and Luhan's face moved closer to hers. She could feel his breath upon her face, tickling her cheeks. Sumin blushed,"How to I get out?" She mumbled and shimmied her way under his arms. 

Suddenly she felt a foot kick her off the futon,"Oomph!" Sumin rubbed her sore and pouted at Luhan. He kicked me off my own bed! Aish.

Sumin looked at the time and gasped. It was passed noon, she started to panic when she realised it was her day off.  Sumin laughed and went to go make breakfast.

 

Luhan woke up alone under the blankets. He expected Sumin to be infront of him, but he saw her in the kitchen with her yellow apron. He yawned and stretched his arms.

Sumin heard him and looked over her shoulder,"Ah! Luhan you're awake! Good I just finished breakfast, come sit down at the table."  Luhan looked at her with a sleep face, but got up to sit on the cold ground,"Holy , its cold." He muttered and rubbed his hands together. Sumin sat next to him, handing him chopsticks.

"Im sorry, the heater is kind of broken right now." Sumin bit her lip, feeling guilty and embarassed. Luhan looked at her,"It's fine. Let's just cover up with your blanket." He grabbed her blanket and covered the both of them, once again. Sumin smiled,"Thanks. Let's eat." 

Luhan took a bite of her food, his eyes widened as he took each bite. This is amazing. He started eating bigger bites and soon he was done with his first plate. He held out his bowl of rice to Sumin, who was looking at him in awe.

"Second bowl?" She asked him with a small smile. Luhan nodded his head,"Yeah!" Sumin laughed and went to get the boy his second bowl of rice. 

She sat back down and handed Luhan his bowl, he nodded in thanks and started to eat once more. Sumin watched him and didn't feel that hungry anymore, instead she kind of felt full. Sumin felt her headache come back, but it wasn't that bad as yesterdays. 

Shoot. It's great I don't have to work today...Sumin picked up her chopsticks and started to eat with Luhan. They hardly conversed since Luhan was busy eating. 

 

"Do your members know your here?" Sumin asked as she was washing the dishes. Luhan shook his head, he was currently reading a book on her bed,"Nope. They don't need to know." He casually stated, turning the page of the romance novel. He scoffed at the context,"You read this stuff?"

Sumin dried her hands on the hand towel and sat on the ground near her bed,"Yeah, it's nice and sweet." She smiled at the book. Luhan rolled his head,"It's so cliche." Sumin shook her head,"No it's not! It's...unpredictable." 

"Oh come on, they're going to get together in the end! And have that happily ever after ." Luhan mocked and closed the book,"What do you want to do today?" He asked, looking at Sumin. 

"I thought we could visit the hos-"

"No, I want to do something else! It's so depressing there." Luhan shivered a little. No matter what, he still thought of Jie. Sumin paused and thought of what they could do. 

"Well...I was going to look of a new job." Sumin scratched her head. Luhan gawked at her, like she was insane. "What? Are you crazy girl?"

"I need a new job...the market isn't paying me enough...so..." Sumin played with her hands. Plus I need to pay for my medicine. 

Luhan sighed,"You already have a lot of hours with that damn job of yours. Plus it's dangerous to be out late at night." 

"Well, you do what you have to do to survive Luhan." Sumin smiled and stood up,"I'll go change." Sumin got a change of clothes and went in her bathroom. 

Luhan watched as the door closed. He shook his head,"This girl is definitely crazy. Too crazy." He suddenly got an idea and took out his phone. 

 

Luhan and Sumin where walking around with a newspaper and red marker. Sumin furrowed her brows for another job. "Hmm, how about this one..." She whispered. 

So far all the jobs either rejected her or have been taken already. Luhan opposed or dragged her away from those pedo-old men jobs for young girls. Sumin was too dense to realize what Busty Girl Works, or Sizzlin Heart Workouts meant. 

Luhan was following behind closely. He wore his hoodie and a mask. He watched as Sumin looked through the newspaper, determined and focused. "Ok, Hot and Triple X is next~!" Sumin smiled and put the newspaper in her purse. 

Luhan choked,"B-Bwoh?!" 

They soon arrived infrot of a devious building, screaming "I'll you!" on it. Luhan gawked at the building infront of him,"Sumin we are-YAH!" 

Sumin was already inside the building. Luhan scurried in after her. Many handsome, men with greasey smiles greeted her. "Hello, Miss. Are you looking for a job here?"

Before Sumin could speak Luhan's hand shoved the man's face away,"Sorry. She's not interested. Let's go. Damn erts." 

Sumin was about to protest when she saw a girl, her age, taking off her top and sitting on a man's lap. She noticed most of the girls were doing the same lewd gestures and she happily let Luhan pull her away.

Once they were outside Luhan turned to Sumin and angrily glared at her,"YOU CRAZY WOMAN! How could you go looking for a job in this ty place!? Do you want to get that badly? Let men treat you like dirt and toys?! Is that what you want?!" 

Sumin looked down and bit her lips. She felt ashamed and dirty. Luhan is right. How could I have been so stupid. But why do I feel so angry when he's shouting at me like that...

"T-Then it's no different from you!" Sumin blurted. She gasped when she realised what she had just said. Luhan was shocked. "I-I mean, you treat me like Im nothing. Sometimes I feel like Im garbage when you talk to me...so its no different from you!" 

Luhan felt horrible. He had treated her like garbage from day one. He was a jerk to her. He hurt her, even though she acted ok. "S-Sumin. Hey wait!" 

Sumin was walking away. Totally flustered by her words. I can't believe I did that! Her cheeks felt welt and hot. She touched them and noticed she was crying. "Why am I crying?!" Sumin shook her head and kept walking. 

A hand gripped her arm and turned her around,"Sumin wait a minute!" Luhan panted. He looked into her eyes and noticed her tear stained face.  "Im sorry." He took out his handerchief and started to pat her face. "It's just my personality...I didn't realise how I hurt you and Im sorry. I've been a jerk huh?" 

He smiled at her crookedly,"My bad." Sumin sniffed and shook her head,"It's fine. I shouldn't have said those things. Im sorry for saying that." 

Luhan ruffled her hair,"Don't apologize you have every right to say that. How about to help you out...you can work for me." Sumin looked at him. "What do you mean?" 

"You can work for me. Like...my personal assistant! I'll pay you more than that stupid market job and another combined! What do you say?" Luhan rubbed the back of his neck,"But I won't go easy on you..." 

Sumin smiled,"Alright. Thank you Luhan."

Luhan sighed in relief, At least I know you'll be safe when you're with me.