023

You Are My Sunshine

I'll always love you and make you happy...

----------

It was the day of the surgery. Exo and everyone else were waiting in the lobby with sunflowers and all kinds of gifts. Even some loyal fans were outside the hospital with gifts, poster saying 'Get well unnie!', and balloons. Exo waved to them, and they waved back energetically.

"Luhan should be coming out anytime." Kris checked his watch. The surgery was to start in 15 minutes. They already talked to Sumin, it was just Luhan's turn.

Yui was sitting on a chair in the lobby, waiting as well. Dr. Lee permitted her a day off, just to support Sumin. Yui clasped her hands together and prayed Sumin would get better. 

Kris looked over from his watch at Yui. He sat next to her,"Are you ok?" Yui eyed the leader, and shook her head,"No, of course not! What if something happens?"

"It'll be fine. Shouldn't you be more positive for Sumin?" Kris chuckled and patted her head. Yui pouted,"You're right, I just can't help but worry though." 

"Yeah, me too." Kris sighed and sat back on the chair.

Kai, Chen, and Lay smirked,"Look's like our leader is getting some." Tao frowned,"Nonsense! They're just talking." 

Baekhyun smiled,"Jelly Tao?" Chanyeol laughed,"He won't be getting any Gucci now." Tao rolled his eyes at them and went to go sit with Sehun, D.O, Suho, and Xiumin. 

 

"Ready?" Luhan smiled as he sat on Sumin's bed. She shook her head,"Im scared." Luhan hugged her and poked her nose,"Don't worry! Soon you'll be healthy again, and get the hell out of here, as Dr. Song said.

Sumin giggled,"Yeah." Luhan smiled,"I should get going then. All of us will be waiting for you outside. And I'll be the first one you see in a few hours, ok?"

"Yeah." Sumin smiled. Luhan got up but Sumin grabbed onto Luhan's shirt,"I love you." Luhan paused and turned back to face her,"Sumin..."

"I just wanted you to know...just in case." She whispered, tear eyed. Luhan smiled and grabbed her face softly,"I love you too, Sumin. But you'll be fine." 

Sumin still looked uncertain and scared, so Luhan kissed her lips softly to calm her down,"I'll be outside waiting for you." Sumin nodded,"Ok." 

Dr. Song came in,"Are you ready?" He notice the atomosphere,"If you need more time-"

Sumin shook her head and smiled,"Im ready. I want to get out of here as soon as possible Dr. Song." He chuckled,"Well, let's get this thing started." 

A couple of surgical nurses and technicians came inside the room. Sumin laid down on her bed, holding Luhan's hand. He gave her a comforting squeeze. The nurses started to push Sumin out of the room, along with Luhan, still holding onto Sumin. 

Sumin and Luhan smiled at each other, before they had to part. Luhan smiled and waved at Sumin,"Fighting!" Then the doors closed and Luhan was alone in the busy hallway.

Luhan dropped his hand to his side,"I'll see you soon..."

 

Dr. Song was in blue scrubs, just like everyone in the surgery room. He had a blue mask on, and some clear glasses,"When I put this mask on you, count to 100. Ok?" 

Sumin nodded, and Dr. Song placed a plastic mask ontop of her face,"Now remember, breathe in and count to 100. I'll be here once Im done with Chaewon." 

Sumin looked up at Dr. Song and started to count to 100. Around 50 Sumin's eyesight started to blur, and she became drozy. She slowly closed her eyes and went into a deep slumber. 

Dr. Song snapped his fingers near Sumin to see if she'd awake. He smiled,"Alright we're ready to go." 

Dr. Song walked into Chaewon's operating room. She was blinking and looked up. "Chaewon, I'll put in the mask, and breathe. Count to-"

"100...I know." She smiled. Dr. Song smiled back and placed the mask on her. He kissed her forehead,"I love you." He whispered against her skin. Chaewon nodded,"Me too." Then she began to count. 

After she was asleep. Dr. Song nodded at his crew,"We'll be doing an artery transplant today and we'll have to move quickly, arraso! No mistakes!" 

"Yes doctor!" His crew responded. Dr. Song nodded,"Arraso, let's get started."

Soon, the operation started.

 

Exo and everyone were waiting in the lobby for a few hours now. Luhan had his arms propped over his knee, and he looked at the grey carpet. She'll be fine Luhan...

He felt someone rubbing his back, he looked at Suho,"Sumin is strong Luhan. She'll make it through." Luhan grinned,"Yeah, you're right." 

"Hyung!" Sehun shook Luhan and pointed,"Look!" 

Luhan followed Sehun's finger and stood up right away. Dr. Song was walking toward Luhan while taking off his gloves,"Luhan." 

He gulped,"Y-yeah? How was it?"

Dr. Song smiled,"Successful. Everything went smoothly. Sumin will be fine." 

"She'll be fine?" Luhan whispered. Dr. Song patted his shoulder,"She's fine Luhan, you may see her. But only one at a time, she needs rest."

Luhan hugged him and cried,"Thank you so much Dr. Song!" Dr. Song chuckled and ruffled his hair,"No problem, it was my pleasure to help out." Luhan bowed.

Dr. Song was about to leave, when Luhan grabbed his arm,"And Chaewon nooa? How is she?"

The doctor gave him a small smile,"Alright. Thanks for your concern." Luhan smiled and wiped his tears. He turned toward his friends,"She's going to be fine!"

Exo and Yui stared at Luhan, then started to cheer,"YEAH!!" They all surrounded Luhan and gave each other hugs. Kris hugged Luhan,"Congrats man, you should go visit her." 

Luhan grinned,"Just what I was going to do."