014

You Are My Sunshine

I was mistaken

----------
Luhan and Sumin were walking side by side, looking for a good place to eat some sweets. Luhan seemed to have a sweet tooth at the moment, and demanded something with sugar. Sumin asked if it was ok if he was to eat something with so many calories, for his diet. Luhan just shrugged without care and continued walking.
 
They picked a place where they sell shaved ice. The waitress sat them in a booth and gave them their menus,"Drinks?" She took out her pad. "Water for me." Sumin smiled. "Same." Luhan answered while looking through the menu. 
 
The waitress nodded with a polite smile,"Alright."
 
"Let's share." Luhan looked up at Sumin, who suggested the idea. She bit her lip, scanning the pictures,"It looks so big. I d0n't think I can finish." 
 
Luhan paused, then nodded,"Alright. But we're getting what I want. Good with that? If not, get your own." Sumin nodded,"Mhm."
 
The waitress brought back their drinks and asked for their order. 
 
"We'll have Green Tea flavor please." Luhan kindly smiled. He took their menu and gave it to her. The waitress nodded,"Good choice, will you like everything else in it?"
 
Luhan looked at Sumin and nodded,"Yes please. Thank you."
 
The green tea shaved ice came and was placed in the middle. Luhan dug in right away,"So good." 
 
Sumin giggled and tired some herself,"Wow. It is good!" Luhan smirked at her,"Of course it is. You've never had it?" She gave him a look,"I have!.. Just not this good." She mumbled the last part and took another spoonful. 
 
Luhan smiled and together they ate in silence. 
 
"So where should we go now?" Sumin asked. She looked around, suddenly she got dizzy. Sumin swayed a little bit and held her head. What's happening to me? 
 
"Sumin?!" Luhan grabbed onto her waist,"What's wrong? Are you dizzy? Come on let's go to the hospital!" Sumin shook her head, but stubborn Luhan carried her bridal style and raced to the hospital. 
 
--------
 
Luhan sat outside the ER alone. He buried his face in his hands. It's been an hour since Sumin was taken away. The longest hour Luhan's ever waited. 
 
The doors opened and Dr. Lee walked out to Luhan.
 
Luhan walked to him,"What's wrong? Is she going to be ok?" Dr. Lee sadly smiled at Luhan,"Let's talk in my office." 
 
After being seated in his office, Luhan waited for the doctor to explain. "Sumin's sick." He said. 
 
"What? Sick? But you can make her better right?" Luhan looked at the doctor with hope. Dr. Lee sighed,"She has a rare heart disease. It's very fatal. Sumin's been sick for a very long time already, but she still has a chance. She needs the treatments, but she'll have to be a live-in patient."
 
"Ok, what's the problem?" Luhan furrowed his eyebrows.
 
Dr. Lee crossed his hands together,"Sumin doesn't want to live here...she just want to live her life normally. I've always tried to make her get treatment, but she'd say no one would care if she was gone. Sumin is a nice girl, and she doesn't deserve to feel so alone in this world. She's so full of life, yet hers is slowly dying. Can you convince her to take the treatment?" 
 
--------
 
Luhan went to Sumin's room, but found it empty. A nurse told him that she was in the music room. 
 
He walked along the halls. A beautiful sound filled the hallway. It gave a tingling feeling inside Luhan as he stopped infront of the open door. There she was Sumin. 
 
She was wearing a white hospital gown, it was so dull and boring. That's was Luhan would usually think, but on Sumin, she looked so beautiful. Sumin was glowing as she sat on the stool. Her slender fingers knowingly knew where to press, and they gracefully danced along the black and white keys of the grand piano. Sumin moved her body along with the music. The magic of the music took over her body, as her fingers continued to dance along to the music. Saddness. The melody was beautiful and soft, but sad. 
 
Luhan watched her play. He didn't want her to stop, he loved how she played the piano. She looked absolutely gorgeous while playing such sad music. Luhan felt tears rolled down his cheeks. He didn't wipe them away, he just let them fall. 
 
He was moved. Moved by how Sumin poured her heart and soul into the keys of the piano. But he was sad, how such a beautiful young girl was dying. A young girl that smiled brighter than the sun. A girl who was full of love and care, yet lacked the love she always wanted. A simple girl who made his heart beat like crazy. The girl he loved. Dying.
 
Im so stupid, for mistreating her. For being a fool who was late for realizing that I was in love with her all along, and now she's dying. I love her. I love Sumin. I don't want to deny it anymore. I can't. I won't. I'll love her with all my heart. I'll give her the love she needs, the love that will make her want to keep living. I'll be with her and take care of her. I don't want her to die. 
 
Sumin's tears hit the white, ivory keys of the piano. She was dying yes. Before it didn't matter to her, she was dying, so what? But now, she didn't want to. Sumin didn't want to leave him. Luhan made a way into her heart, and wouldn't leave her mind. But Song Sumin was dying. 
 
Sumin looked up and saw Luhan coming to sit next to her. He looked at her. Sumin noticed he was crying too. She wiped them away,"You're crying." Luhan held her warm hand against his fae and kissed it. 
 
"Luhan..." She whispered, and looked into his deep brown eyes. More tears fell out of Luhan's eyes as he looked at her,"Sumin, please take the treatment. For me, I beg you...please take it." 
 
Sumin cried onto his shoulder, and he cradled her softly in his arms. The two of them cried together. "I don't want you to die..." Luhan faintly whispered. 
 

*sobs*