016

You Are My Sunshine

You are my sunshine...

----------

Sumin was in the music room with her violin. The violin she worked so hard to get. She held the instrument to her head, her bow laid gently on the strings, and she closed her eyes. The music poured out of her once again. 

At the end of her playing, she spotted Luhan leaning against the door, smiling at her. "That was beautiful." He walked toward her and kissed her cheek. Sumin giggled,"Hi Luhan."

"Hey beautiful." Luhan grinned and wrapped his arms securely around her,"How are you feeling?" He rested his forehead onto hers. Sumin shrugged,"The same old same old. How was volunteering?"

Luhan sighed in content,"Kyungmi is better. Smiling more and playing with the other kids." Sumin nodded with a happy smile,"That's great!"

Luhan still volunteered, even if Sumin wasn't there with him. He had the urge to help others, especially since his girlfriend was sick as well. He saw the world differently now. He was kinder, helpful, and more caring towards others. Sumin was happy Luhan was changing his attitude. She loved to see that smile on his face. Happy and full of warmth.

Luhan and Sumin strolled through the garden, hand in hand. She smile up and him and rested her head on his shoulder. Luhan chuckled and gripped her hand tightly. He wasn't going to let go anytime soon.

"Exo-m needs to go back to China." Luhan whispered. Sumin stopped walking, and Luhan looked her in the eye. 

"What? When?" Sumin asked. She didn't want Luhan to leave. She felt selfish, but she didn't want him to leave her side. Sumin didn't want to be alone. 

But Luhan smiled,"Don't worry, Im not going anywhere. I already told them that." Luhan smirked at her,"You were going to miss me huh?"

Sumin pouted and hit his hard chest,"Of course I would!" 

The two walked back to her room. They sat on her bed and read a couple of books and chatted about different topics. They spent the rest of the day cuddled together.

 

Soon Luhan had to go back to his dorms.

Luhan pressed the code to the door and went inside. His band members were seated all over the living room. He smiled,"Hey guys." 

They all looked up at Luhan. They still couldn't get over how he had changed so much, it was weird. "How was Sumin." Suho smiled back.

Luhan's smile wavered,"She's still smiling like usual. But Sumin's doing ok. Im going to shower first..." Luhan nodded toward them and went to his room. 

Exo looked at each other and sighed. "Not fair." Tao pouted. Chen patted his head,"I know." 

"Sumin's such a sweet girl." Xiumin sighed and scratched his head,"I admire her strength." Kai nodded,"We need to be strong as well for her and Luhan hyung." 

"Kai's right, it's hard...yeah. But we can't be down. Sumin's smiling all the time, yet we're just moping around. That's not good." Kris smiled at his friends. 

"Yeah! Sumin changed Luhan hyung. He's back to his old self!" Sehun grinned,"We have to be there for them both." 

"Duh, that's what friends are for Sehun." Lay shook his head at his didi. Sehun frowned at Lay,"Shut up and eat some Lays or something."

Chanyeol started laughing like a lunatic. Baekhyun looked up from his book and shook his head. D.O poked his head from the kitchen,"Dinner's ready!" 

Luhan was leaning against his door. He heard his friends and smiled. "Im so blessed." Luhan thought of Sumin. He slowly crouched down and sighed. "She's so thin now...sickness is starting to show in her features." 

Luhan closed his eyes tightly and his lips trembled as tears rolled down his cheeks. "I have to be strong. I have to be strong for her. I have to be strong for Sumin." Luhan repeated.

"Im all she's got." Luhan shook his head,"Smiling all the time...Yes, it's so unfair. The world is so ing unfair."

 

Sumin was sitting on her hospital bed, looking out her window. Sumin sighed and layed her head on her knees. "It's so quiet." 

The night sky was bright, and the moon was out. Suming longingly gazed up at it,"I really h-hope I get better." Sumin wiped away the tears that were falling. 

"But Im sure I'll be fine! Im not alone. Luhan's with me and Exo. Mhmm!" Sumin smiled and did a fighting pose. "I'll be out of this place in no time."

A sudden pain in her chest caused her to wheeze. "Aggh!" She gripped onto her shirt. It hurts so much. 

"H-help!" She whimpered in a horse voice. Sumin reached and pressed the nurse's button beside her bed with shakey hands.

Her breathing started to hurt and Sumin kept holding her chest while coughing. Sumin's sight started to blur when the nurses reached her, and soon closed into darkness.

-----------

le sad lyfe. merry christmas <3