028

You Are My Sunshine

You'll never know dear...

----------

“Luhan! I’m done!” Sumin was practically bouncing out of the doctor’s office, a huge grin on her face.

Hearing his name, he stood up and greeted her with a hug. “Your last appointment!  Now we don’t have to worry about coming here anymore.”  He smiled. We won’t have to be in such a place with bad memories.

Sumin continued smiling up at him as she took his hand and lead him outside. They hailed a cab and were soon on their way home. The cab was silent as they drove through the city.

“Luhan... is everything okay?”

He snapped out of his thoughts and turned to face her. “Hmm? What?”

“I asked if you were okay.” She repeated slowly.

“O-Oh, yes, I am.” He seemed a bit  dazed. “I was just thinking about... well us.”

Sumin pouted her lips a bit, then tilted her head,”Us? What about us?” She got a bit worried at the mention of their relationship. "Is there a problem Luhan?" 

Luhan shook his head and looked out the cab window. Sumin played with her fingers and glanced at Luhan, worried. The cab stopped at Sumin's apartment, and she got out. She looked inside the cab through the window,"So I'll see you later at the concert?"

Luhan looked uninterested and nodded,"Yeah, sure. See you." With that, the cab drove off, leaving Sumin alone on the curb. Sumin watched as the cab disappeared from her sight. Sighing, Sumin went up to her apartment to change.

Sumin came out of her bedroom an hour later with perfectly curled hair, sweet looking make-up, a soft, light pink dress, and some white wedges. Looking at her full length mirror, Sumin glanced at her reflection to see if she looked alright. She remembered Yui's words on dressing up for the concert.

When she thought she looked dressed up enough, she grabbed her coat and clutch, then headed down. She saw Yui's red car and got inside. Yui gasped and slapped Sumin's legs,"Kawaii~!" 

Sumin played with her dress,"I look good then?" Yui scoffed and started to drive,"More like gorgeous!" Yui started to drive faster, switching lanes every so often. Sumin laughed a bit,"Why are you in a rush?"

Yui turned half of her attention to Yui,"Oh, no reason. No reason at all... MOVE!" She honked at the car ahead of them. Sumin just shook her head and gripped her hand on the handle at her side. 

 

Upon arriving at the concert, Yui grabbed onto Sumin's arms and pulled her across the mass of fans. Some cursed a bit when Yui would shove them out of the way, or when they stepped on someone's foot. Yui apologized,"Sorry! We're in a bit of a rush!" 

Showing their V.I.P passes and ticket, the guards let them easily, and they both hurriedly ranced toward their seats. Sumin was so confused on why everything was happening so fast, and why they were in such a rush. Yui and Sumin got in their seats and sat down. Yui looked around and smiled,"Great! We're on time." 

Sumin laughed and waited patiently for the concert to begin. Soon the lights dimmed, and the fan's screamed their lungs out. Six figures rose from the bottom of the stage and a light was casted on them. History started to play, and the fans cheered louder as Exo-K started to sing and dance. 

The two girl sang along with Exo-K, and Sumin swore they all looked at the two of them. Sumin waved at them and did thumbs up. She got a y-wink from Kai, and she giggled. 

Soon the song transitioned to Chinese and Exo-M took over the stage with mighty confidence. Yui and Sumin screamed with delight as their eyes saw their boyfriends. Kris did a kissing motion with his lips towards Yui, and Sumin had to make sure she wouldn't faint. 

Sumin looked up expectantly at Luhan, but he didn't even look at her. Sumin was stunned, why didn't he look at her? Did I do something wrong? Is he mad at me?

Sumin sulked in her seat and didn't move the rest of the song. Yui noticed Sumin's behavior and bit her lip.

 

After Exo sang Baby Don't Cry and MAMA, Yui pulled Sumin backstage so she can go to the bathroom. While waiting for Yui, someone covered Sumin's eyes with a piece of cloth. Sumin panicked and she tried to step away,"Who is this?!"

"Ssh!" A voice silenced her. Sumin squinted her eyes,"S-Sehun?" Sehun panicked,"S-Ssh!" 

Sumin frowned, and Sehun started to guide her some where. Sumin tripped over a wire,"Ouch!" Sehun winced and mentally apologized to her. He sat her down on a chair and left her by herself.

"Hello?" Sumin called out, but no on answered. "Aigoo, what is this?"

All of a sudden, the ground felt like it was moving and Sumin tried to level herself. She started to panic and she heard whispering.

Then somone untied the blindfold and Sumin blinked hard. She tried to focus her eyes, but all she could see was a sea of darkness. Sumin looked around, but she couldn't see a thing. "H-Hello? Anyone out there?!"

A light source was coming from her back, and Sumin turned around. The large screen displayed a beautiful night sky, with shooting stars flying across the midnight sky. Sumin gasped in surprise,"Wow."

Soft music started to play, Sumin recognized the song. What is Love. Suming covered her eyes as the stadium lit up in a soft, rosy-pink color. What used to be the sea of darkness, flooded with flickering lights of candles, swaying like a calm sea. Sumin could picture the fans of the stadium smiling in excitement. They started to cheer, and Sumin turned around.

She saw Exo come out in white, pristine suits, with their hair nicely done. Yui followed them, next to Kris.  They smiled at Sumin as they decended down the stairs on the stage, holding a candles as well. They parted as Luhan walked down the stairs, giving Sumin a charming smile.

Luhan placed the mic to his mouth and started to sing softly to Sumin, each step down the stairs, his eyes never left hers. And with each step, his smile grew wider, and his eyes full of love. His voice soothingly relaxed Sumin, yet made her heart race.

Sumin felt tears fall from her eyes. Once by her side, Luhan gently wiped her tears away with one hand. Sumin cried some more.

Luhan sang from his heart, thinking of Sumin's smiling face. He wanted her to know how much he loved her, and he wanted her to feel it. Listen to it. 

Exo's vocals sang along with Luhan in the background. Sumin smiled back at them, and they all gave her smiles or winks. 

At the end of the song, Luhan stood infront of Sumin and laughed,"Surprised?" He spoke through the mic. The audience cheered loudly. Luhan laughed once again,"Thank you Exotics for helping me out on this memorable night." They cheered louder. 

Luhan turned back to Sumin, and it became silent again. Sumin was still tearing up as she stared up at Luhan.

He bent down a bit to wipe her tears,"Sumin...You, are the most beautiful girl I've ever met. I love you for everything you've done for me. I love how the way you say my name. I love you for how you make me feel, everytime I see you. I love how you laugh and how your eyes light up. I love how you your beautiful smile. I love the conversations we have. I love how the way our hands perfectly fit. I love the way you make me do cliche stuff and Im not ashamed to do them. I love you because you're you, and you know the real me and still accept me. You are the only girl I want to spend the rest of this life with, and even in the next, Im sure we'll always be together. Song Sumin...will you take the honor of being my wife?" 

Luhan knelt down on one knee and took out a red box. He opened it and a beautiful diamond ring was shining brightly in the rosy-pink light. Sumin started to cry all over and she covered , astonished by the magnificence of the ring. 

Sumin looked Luhan in the eye and croaked,"Y-Yes. I will!" 

Everyone cheered and the lights . Balloons and confetti were released and Luhan swayed Sumin in the air. Sumin giggled and hugged Luhan closer. Exo and Yui smiled fondly at the enganged couple. Sumin wrapped her arms around his neck and bent down toward Luhan, and they shared a sweet, long kiss.