026

You Are My Sunshine

You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine...

----------

Months have passed since Sumin's operation. She felt so much better, she didn't have anymore chest pains or headaches. Sumin felt more alive than ever. Sumin now worked at a flower shop where she got to se flowers everyday. She even moved into a new apartment, after Luhan's persuasion. 

Sumin's days were always happy. She always visited Kyungmi with every chance she got. Kyungmi was getting sicker, and her long beautiful curls disappeared. So Sumin tried to distract her as much as possible. Luhan would visit too, and buy her presents along with Exo. Sumin would be pleased when she saw Kyungmi smile.

"Hello grandpa~! What can I get you?" Sumin asked the elder infront of the her. The old man smiled at her,"Sunflowers please." 

"Ah! Good choice grandpa!" Sumin went to get the flowers ready. "May I ask what they're for?" 

The old man warmly looked down at the sunflowers,"They're for my wife, she loves sunflowers...it's our anniversary, but sadly she's dead...I always buy some for her every year though." 

"Im so sorry grandpa...but Im sure your wife smiles everytime you visit her with sunflowers. Happy anniversary grandpa." Sumin kindly gave the grandpa his flowers. He took them from her and gave her money,"Thank you very much, sweet girl." 

Sumin smiled in content at another happy customer,"Everything is perfect." 

 

When it was Sumin's break, she met up with Yui at a restaraunt. She walked inside the small building and spotted Yui sitting at a table cross legged. "Yui~!" 

Yui looked up and smiled,"Sumin!" They both hugged each other and sat down to order. After ordering, the two girls started to chat.

"How's work?" Sumin asked her best friend. Yui rolled her eyes,"Nurses are still not talking to me, but it's ok. Im at the childrens side, so I get to play with the little cuties."

"And how is Kris?" Sumin smirked at Yui's blushing face at the mention of his name. "He's fine. Same as Luhan."

Sumin giggled,"How does it feel like to date an idol?" Yui smiled,"Normal, except that it's hard to go on dates, talk to each other, or see each other."

Sumin teased,"And how is that normal?" Yui and Sumin laughed. Their food came and the two dug into their meals. 

Sumin's cell beeped and she looked over the text. It was from Luhan and she smiled. Luhan messaged her saying that they were in the middle of pratice break. Sumin texted him back.

Go back to practice before you get in trouble! Im eating with Yui.

Sumin giggled and put her phone on the table and continued eating. Suddenly Yui's phone started to ring and she answered it. "Kris?" 

Yui looked at Sumin and blushed,"Yeah, I am eating out with her. Why? You're coming here?! With Luhan?...Ok. Bye. Love you too." Yui hung up and eyed Sumin,"Why are these two certain boys racing their way towards us right now?"

Sumin's eyes widened,"They're coming here? Omo, I didn't expect them to come..." Yui and Sumin sighed,"These boys..."

 

"We're here!" Kris and Luhan panted, standing infront of their girlfriends. Sumin and Yui looked them over, Yui crossed her arms,"Why did you two ditch practice? Yah! Kris, you are their leader too!" 

Kris shrugged and sat next to her,"It's fine. We were done anyway." Yui pouted,"Liar." Kris chuckled,"How would you know?"

Yui poked his chest hard,"I know when you're lying to me Wu Yi Fan!" 

Sumin and Luhan chuckled as Kris got scolded by Yui on how he should be a good role model and read more inspirational books. Sumin pinched Luhan's sides,"Yah, you're not off the hook either. How could you guys ditch your practice? Hmm?"

Luhan looked down,"Let me off the hook babe, I just wanted to see you! I haven't seen you in a week already." Luhan pouted and hugged Sumin closer. She sighed,"Whatever. You're both here now, there's nothing we could do."

The four started to eat, Kris and Luhan eating off their girlfriends plates, since they had their diets to watch. The four talked about how they hadn't had a double date in weeks, and decided to go on one soon. 

Lunch ended smoothly and the two couples were outside. Kris and Yui decided to go somewhere for a bit before they seperated. Luhan and Sumin waved at their friends before they left on their own too.

Luhan hugged Sumin with one arm,"How was work so far?" Sumin looked at her watch,"I have 15 minutes before I have to head back."

"Really?" Luhan kissed her head and the two of them walked around the streets, looking around. Luhan spotted a vendor,"Look what he's selling. Rings?"

Sumin looked intrigued,"Omo, so pretty!" 

The owner smiled,"Such a young couple. I can see your future is well." Sumin and Luhan beamed at each other,"Thank you."

"Why don't you get a pair of rings. I'll give you a discount." He motioned for the couple to look at his merchandise.

Luhan nodded and nudged Sumin to look at what she might want. Sumin looked at all the rings. They're all so beautiful though. 

"These ones." Sumin picked up a pair of normal silver rings. Luhan looked them over,"This is what you want?" Sumin smiled and held them close to her,"Mhmm, these ones."

"But miss, those are the cheapest ones...I should just give them to you for free." The owner smiled sincerely at her,"You're a very sweet soul." 

Sumin beamed at him,"Thank you mister."

He laughed,"Go enjoy your days while you still can. Good day." Sumin looked at Luhan and he nodded. He reached for his wallet and gave some money to the old man,"Here you go." The man smiled,"Sweet couple, sweet couple. Thank you."

The couple sat down sat down at a bench and Luhan grabbed the rings. He slipped one onto Sumin's ring finger. Sumin blushed when Luhan bent down to kiss her ring,"This is a sign that you'll one day be mine." 

Sumin giggled and grabbed the other ring, and slipped it onto Luhan's hand. She bent down and planted a soft kiss on,"This is a sign of my love and patience. I'll wait for as long as it takes to be yours. Even though, I already am."

Sumin smiled up at Luhan, who also smiled back. "Wo ai ni Sumin." Luhan gently kissed Sumin. Sumin pecked his lips again,"I love you too Luhan."