018

You Are My Sunshine

You make me happy...

----------

"I want a press conference!" Luhan demanded fromt their manager and Lee Soo Man. The manager looked at Lee Soo Man,"Sir?"

"Well, is it true?" Lee Soo Man asked. Luhan nodded with no hesitation,"Yes. Sumin is my girlfriend." 

"But don't they know she's just a volunteer?" Lee Soo Man sat back on his black leather chair. Luhan looked down,"She's not anymore...she has a heart disease sir." 

Lee Soo Man stared at Luhan. He seemed different. He could tell that Sumin meant a lot to him. She's changed him. Lee Soo Man nodded,"Alright, we'll set up a conference for you. Im proud of you Luhan." 

Luhan bowed with a grateful smile,"Thank you sir!"

 

The press conference date was set. It was to be in a two days. In the mean time Luhan spent more time with Sumin. Sumin was stressed even more after finding out about the article.

She was worried this could ruin Luhan's or the whole Exo's reputation. And she didn't want to hurt the people she cared about the most. Luhan told her he would take care of it and to trust him, and she agreed with him. But deep down she was still worried.

"Sumin, babe, I'll take care of it. You're getting thinner from stress. Have you been eating?" Luhan sighed and rubbed Sumin's back. All she did was look out the window, looking at the sunny world. "Im more worried about you than myself."

Luhan rubbed his nose bridge,"I can handle it. Don't worry about a thing, and just take care of yourself. Remember you said you'd fight hard Sumin. You need to take better care of yourself!" 

Sumin pouted and looked down at her hands that rested on her lap. "I know...but I can't help but worry about it. Its not like it's a small matter either..."

"But Im fine with it." Luhan smiled and kissed her hand,"I want people to know the beautiful girl I love. Isn't that great for you too? So girls will finally back off me." Luhan lightly joked. Sumin eyed him,"Sure, says the one who always wanted attention."

Luhan blushed,"Im a changed man." Sumin giggled and patted Luhan's head,"Yeah, you are."

 

The day for the press conference has come. Exo, Luhan, and Sumin were at the appointed hotel at were the conference was to be held. Lee Soo Man has sent Exo-M over to Seoul, for Exo wasn't one without all twelve boys. Plus Exo-M begged to be with their brothers and Sumin.

Sumin was on a wheelchair, and dressed in her most fashionable attire. A yellow sundress and some white flats. Luhan made sure she brought her white cardigan, just incase it got cold. 

Sumin was nervous, she didn't no what to expect. Luhan rubbed her shoulders to comfort her,"Relax babe." Sumin grabbed his hand and tightened it,"Im scared." 

Luhan smiled and kissed her cheek tenderly,"I'll be with you, and so will Exo. We're with this together."

Exo's manager signaled it was time to come out. Sumin and Luhan smiled at each other, and Luhan pushed Sumin through the doors. 

Inside the room, rows of chairs were occupied by reporters and fans. The fans screamed in delight when Exo came out, but immediately blurted out insults at Sumin. 

Sumin gasped and looked away from them. Luhan wasn't happy at their sudden greeting, and couldn't wait till it was his time to speak. 

On the stage, was a chair. Luhan sat on it, next to Sumin. Exo lined up behind Sumin and Luhan. They didn't have happy expressions like they would usually have. Even Suho, who was always smiling, had a deep frown on his face.

Luhan grabbed the mic,"Hello. My name is Luhan from Exo-M. An article had been recently published about me having a secret girlfriend. Well, that fact is true. I have a girlfriend, and she is sitting right next to me. I wouldn't really label her as a secret, because I wouldn't care if the whole world knew. I am proud to say I am in a relationship with this beautiful girl sitting next to me, Song Sumin. I didn't want a press conference to clear that I had a girlfriend. I wanted this conference to tell our fans, that I am truly disappointed in those who call themselves Exotics. You've bashed Sumin, called her things she isn't. She's not a , , fake, , excuse my language, , or anything else horrible you were describing her as. She didn't threaten me, or be fake with me. If anything, she was real to me. She was herself. And she never pretended to be sick, just so I could visit her. How dare you come up with those comments. When you don't even know...anything that is happening to her."

Luhan croaked and held onto the mic tightly. Sumin wiped a tear and sniffed,"Luhan...we should go now..." Luhan looked at her and shook his head,"No."

He looked at the crowd of silent reporters and fans, who hung their head down in shame. 

"You...can't imagine, the pain Sumin is going through at this moment. Sumin was the partner I volunteered for at the hospital. She was patient with me, even though I was such a jerk to her. Sumin taught me many things that Im so grateful for.  She brought me happiness and changed me for the better. I am a better person than I ever was before...all because of this girl. I was greedy, selfish, arrogant, a jerk. I was blinded by fame and forgot about the real reason I became an idol in the first place. But Sumin is sick...and she's been sick for a long time already. By the time I realized I had fallen in love with her...she was diagnosed with heart disease. And she's already in such a critical state...And when you have heart disease, you're supposed to be sad and depressed. But Sumin is nothing like that. Even though she's in so much pain, she smiles so brightly, you'd never guess she has heart disease. So when you people, who call themselves Exotics, and insult and bash on a girl you don't even know, especially when she's my girlfriend who is sick, I won't be happy to have fans like you." Luhan glared at the audience, as tears from anger escaped his eyes. 

The crowd could see how serious Luhan was about Sumin. They were wrong to say those things about her. What Luhan said, was true. And now they knew it. 

Suho stepped up and grabbed the mic from Luhan, he stared at the fans,"Im also unhappy at the responses from our fans. Who are you to judge a person. Who are you to have a say in a relationship between an idol and his lover. You have no right to tell Sumin to die because she's dating Luhan. SHE'S ALREADY DYING!" Suho angrily panted. The fans flinched at Exo-K's leader. Suho sighed and stepped back.

Kris took his turn and shook his head,"She's the sweetest girl I know. Kind and full of life. You people are making it harder on her to live the life she has, when it can be over anytime. It's already hard on her...I think we're all disappointed on your behaviors. This couple...is my inspiration. They're going through so much already, and they're still strong. Don't make it harder on them! I just can't believe this. WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS IS THE FIRST PLACE!! It is LUHAN'S choice if he wants to date Sumin. NOT YOURS!" Kris angrily glared and shook his head once again.

Xiumin spoke,"Luhan's one of my best friends. He changed after he met Sumin. Im thankful she's in his life and ours as well. I was shocked when I heard what Exotics were saying...are you really our fans?"

"Noona...takes care of me and looks out for me. So it makes me sad, to think she's dying from a disease, when its so unfair to her...she doesn't deserve it. She doesn't deserve this kind of life. She deserves a better one. You're all hurting her even more. And I don't want to forgive you for making her frown, instead of smile. You took her smile away." Sehun's eyes were red with tears. Xiumin hugged Sehun.

"When I first met Sumin, I thought she's going to die from Luhan. I was expecting her to get tired of him. Yet she was quite the opposite. She couldn't have enough of Luhan hyung. I could tell she loves him deeply, and I witness their love grow every single day. Think about their happiness." Kai mumbled and he passed the mic to Lay. 

Lay sighed and looked at the crowd,"Im disappointed. And that's all I have to say. You're all horrible people to say those things about Sumin. Im not happy one single bit." He passed it on to Chen. 

Chen nodded,"I agree with Lay hyung. It's a shame we have such fans. Sumin's the greatest friend you could have. I don't like how you picture her. You've failed as Exotics."

Chanyeol was holding the mic,"...Im too angry to speak."

And he passed it to Baekhyun,"We're all angry to be honest. And hurt just as much as Luhan hyung and Sumin. I couldn't believe what I was reading, that Exotics were saying such hurtful things about my friend. When all of you are so sweet infront of us, is this how you guys really are?"

D.O's eyes were narrowed, and he was glowering at the fans,"I don't even feel like singing for Exotics anymore. If I have to sing for people like you, I don't want to sing at all. I want to sing for people who deserve to hear me and those who want me to be happy. Im kind of scared now. Is this how it'll be if I ever want a relationship too?! Will you bash and insult her? TELL HER TO DIE?! Everyone deserves happiness! No one has the right to decide on who I should be with. Angry? No IM FURIOUS!" 

Tao had a nasty expression on his face,"Treating Sumin noona likes she's some sort of disease...SHE ALREADY HAS ONE THAT'S KILLING HER! IM SO MAD, SAD, AND HURT!...You've hurt my Sumin noona...I hate you all for making her cry!" Tao angrily wiped his tears. D.O and Chanyeol tried to comfort the maknae. 

Silence filled the room after Exo's sudden outburst. Nothing could be said. But one more person had to speak.

"...H-hello. Im Song Sumin...I...am sick. I have a heart disease. I never told Luhan or the boys this, but I knew about it since a few years back...and I ignored it. I didn't care if I was dying. I thought no would care if I was gone...I didn't have anyone, I was all alone...and then I met Luhan. He was the new partner I was volunteering with and I ended up falling in love with him. But I figured we couldn't be, I was a dying girl. There were other prettier, healthier girls for him. When he told me he loved me, I thought it was just out of pity, since he confessed right after I was admitted to the hospital. But he really loves me...and Im happy. I was always an optomistic person, who loved to smile. But my smile was so empty. Now, I can smile for a reason...cause of Luhan. He makes me feel so alive. Even I forget Im dying. But everyone's dying, Im just dying faster than a normal person...I love Luhan, with all my heart and soul. Even if I have a weak heart, the love I have inside it makes me strong.  And it's giving me strength to fight for him. Like I said, I didn't care if I was dying, I wasn't afraid. But now I am, I don't want to d-die. I want to live, forever with Luhan...It's going to be hard, but Im going to fight this battle with all I've got, I promised Luhan I would. And he's been by my side, taking care of me and helping me through the hard times. Im thankful he's my boyfriend. And I don't regret a single thing, and I don't care anymore on what people say about me or my relationship with Luhan, cause we're all going to die someday. I don't want to waste my dying life not fighting for my love. Exo and Luhan have been blessing in my life...and I love them very very much." 

Sumin placed the mic down tiredly and looked at the crowd,"Goodbye." Sumin met eyes with Luhan and he smiled at her,"Let's go baby." Luhan pecked Sumin's lips and carefully helped her down. Exo didn't even bother looking at the crowd while they exited. Tao looked back before exiting,"THAT IS REAL LOVE RIGHT THERE!" Kris shook his head and pulled him out the room. 

Sumin took a deep breath of fresh air once they were outside the hotel. She was glad it was over. She smiled at Exo,"Thank you guys. For everything you said in there."

Exo gladly smiled back. Suho started to smile again,"Of course we'd defend you Sumin. We really meant what we said back there."

Sumin pouted,"My poor maknaes." The two maknaes started to cry over again. Seeing them shed tears made Sumin cry and she opened her arms to them,"Come here my two fluffly dongsaengs! Stop crying! I thought you didn't like seeing noona cry huh?"

Luhan chuckled at the scene and felt so much better, now that he got his feeling out. Kris and Suho patted his shoulders,"One lucky guy you are Luhan." Luhan beamed,"I know."

Exo and Luhan started to laugh. Sumin and the two maknaes looked at them confused,"What?" Luhan smiled and pinched Sumin's cheeks,"Don't worry about it."

----------

whoa that's a lot of feels

le creeeys while typing....like legit tears are falling out of my eyes....night.