021

You Are My Sunshine

How much I love you...

----------

Months passed on, and Sumin just got weaker. Not much things have changed. Sumin would take her medications, do a couple of tests, see Luhan for the day, eat, and just go back to bed.

"Sumin, how are you feeling today?" Doctor Lee smiled and walked over to Sumin's side. Luhan sat on the other side of Sumin and hoped he brought good news to both of them. 

"Im doing fine Doctor Lee." Sumin coughed a bit. Sumin sat up a bit, and Luhan assisted her. Sumin smiled at him and looked at her doctor,"Is there a problem?" 

Doctor Lee looked down at his clipboard,"There is a doctor I called over about your heart disease, he said he would like to see you. Is that alright?"

Sumin and Luhan exchanged glances, then Sumin looked at the doctor,"Yes, he can...but can he help me?"

Doctor Lee nodded his head,"He can help you Sumin. He's worked with many other patients that have the same disease. He's waiting outside. Doctor Song, you may come in." 

The door opened and a young looking man came in. "Hello." He smiled and waved at you. "Hello, I am doctor Song Joong Ki, I've heard about you from Doctor Lee. I was wondering if I can do a little checkup on you."

115.gif

Sumin gasped a bit, surprised by his young age,"You're a very young doctor..." Luhan also nodded his head in agreement,"Have you treated a patient with Sumin's disease before?"

"Doctor Song specializes in this type of disease. So you both don't need to worry." Doctor Lee patted Sumin's head.

Doctor Song nodded,"I have done this before, and I cured her." Luhan's eyes widened,"You've cured her?! How? Can you cure Sumin too?!"

"Yes, I came here to work with Sumin. I'll have to run some test though-" 

"Wait. H-how much is this going to cost?" Sumin asked, looking at Doctor Song. He paused,"It will be costy." 

"How much?" Luhan asked. Doctor Song sighed,"With the medical operations I will be doing are highly advance...around $100,ooo."

"O-One hundred thousand?!" Luhan gulped and looked at Sumin. Doctor Song nodded,"Yes." Sumin gripped her sheets and looked down,"Thank you...Doctor Song. But I don't need this." 

"Wait, Sumin, I can-" Luhan started, but Sumin glared at him,"No! I will not have you pay that much money for me! That is too much! It's fine, I don't need this operation."

Doctor Song had his hands in his pockets, and he stared at Sumin,"Do you not want to get better?"

Sumin looked at him with teary eyes,"Of course I want to get better! I hate it here. People die here. I don't want to die here...of course I don't want to die...who does? But even if I do get this operation, what's the chance of me surviving?"

"Fifty." Doctor Song answered her,"But don't you want to take that chance?"

"But we're all going to die anyway. What's the point? In the end Im going to die. No one lives forever." Sumin shook her head,"Im sorry, but I don't have that much money."

"Sumin, I can pay for it!" Luhan gripped her hand,"Please, let's try." But Sumin shook her head,"I don't want to. There's no way I am letting you pay that. You hardly get payed enough with that contract of yours...no." 

Doctor Song stayed quiet. He stared at Sumin, intrigued.

Doctor Lee butted in,"Sumin, think about it though, your pain will be gone!" Sumin just stubbornly shook her head,"I said no!" 

Luhan frowned,"She'll do it-"

"NO!" Sumin yelled. Sumin started wheezing and she held on to her chest. Luhan wrapped an arm around her,"Sumin!" Sumin shook her head,"I said no Luhan." She started to cough and Luhan patted her back. 

"You're right. We're all going to die in the end," Sumin looked up at Doctor Song, he continued,"but at least if you take this operation, you'll get to see the years past by, make more memories, have a family, learn new things, live better, and die without any regrets or pains."

Doctor Song smiled at Sumin with a little smirk,"I'll get you the hell out of this damn hospital...what do you say?" 

Luhan raised an eyebrow at Doctor Song. Is a doctor allowed to speak like that?

Sumin stared at Doctor Song,"Fine. I'll do it." 

 

Doctor Song did tests on Sumin, her permitted Luhan to visit her so much, telling him to not disturb her so much. Luhan frowned at the doctor's instructions. 

Luhan was sitting on the couch of the dorm, his hands propped on his knees,"What kind of order is that? Shouldn't it be the opposite? I need to support her."

He ran his fingers through his hair,"But I need to find a away to get money for Sumin..." 

"You need money?" Lay sat next to Luhan, eating a bag of chips. "What for?" 

"A surgical operation that may cure Sumin." Luhan gave him a small smile,"A doctor came in and wanted to help Sumin out."

Lay smiled,"That's good, but what's the problem? How much does it cost?" 

"$100,oo0." Luhan whispered and leaned back against the couch,"Where the hell am I going to get that money?!" 

"What money?" The rest of Exo came to the living room, coming from a schedule. 

"Sumin's operation to cure her." Lay explained, munching on some chips. Tao glared at him,"Hey! Those are mine!" Lay shrugged his shoulders,"It's fine, stop changing the subject. We're talking about Sumin right now maknae!" 

Tao gritted his teeth, but sat down on the couch, so did the rest of the members. Luhan told them the rest of the story and all of them sat in the living room in silence. 

Kris and Suho looked at each other. They smiled at each other and nodded,"We have an idea." Luhan looked at them,"R-really?"

They nodded,"But we need to go to Lee Soo Man." 

 

"So Sumin, how is your day?" Dr. Song smiled. He sat down on a chair next to her. Sumin grabbed the pills he gave her and was about to take them when he handed her a bowl,"You need to eat first." 

"Anyway, Im doing fine I guess." Sumin grabbed the spoon Dr. Song was holding toward her. Sumin bowed her head,"Thanks for the food.." 

Sumin started to sip on the soup,"This is delicious." 

Dr. Song winked,"Made by yours truly."  Sumin smiled,"You're a great cook then Dr. Song." 

"Call me Joong Ki." Dr. Song warmly smiled at Sumin,"Im not that older from you." Sumin shook her head and laughed,"N-No, it's fine. You're my doctor."

Dr. Song laughed along,"Whatever makes you comfortable, but you're always welcomed to call me Joong Ki, or oppa." 

Sumin blushed,"It's ok." 

Dr. Song stood up,"Well, I'll go now. Eat those pills after you eat ok? Tomorrow I'll bring someone who's going to help you." 

"Someone who will help me?" Dr. Song nodded,"Yes, I'll explain it to you with Luhan. Anyway, rest well." Dr. Song smiled once more, then left Sumin alone. 

 

After finishing up her mean, Sumin obediently took her medications. Yui walked in and smiled,"Hey Sumin, that doctor of yours is pretty handsome." 

Sumin gawked at Yui,"What are you saying? No way." Yui rolled her eyes,"Yeah, I shouldn't even bother complimenting him, you'll just argue Luhan is better."

Sumin laughed,"Luhan is handsome, you have to admit it though." Yui poked her cheek,"Aiya, so confident. Anyway, it's time for bed, you have a big day tomorrow." 

Before Yui could leave, Sumin grabbed her arm. Yui looked back,"Did you need something?"

"D-do you think it's going to work?" Sumin whispered. Sumin dropped her hand from Yui's arm and looked at her hands,"Im scared it won't work...and it'd just be a waste." 

Yui looked at her friend and sat down on Sumin's bed. She grabbed Sumin's arm and smiled,"Im sure you'll be fine. I did some research on him, and it showed he really did cure a girl. Don't you want to live a life with Luhan?" 

Sumin nodded her head,"Yes. I do. I love Luhan the most. Even if we're in another life, I'll always love Luhan. Im sure of it." Yui giggled and squeezed Sumin's arm in a comforting matter,"Then don't worry about it." 

"Yeah." Sumin laughed and hugged Yui,"You're the best, best friend ever." Yui smiled and hugged her back,"Same here Sumin. Now good night ok?"

"Mm." Sumin smiled and laid her head on the pillow and closed her eyes. It was going to be a big day tomorrow.