003

You Are My Sunshine

You make me happy...

----------

I looked at Sumin, she was humming a song. "You Are My Sunshine?" Sumin looked up at me, blushing from embarassment,"Y-yeah...it's my favorite song." 

"Why? Isn't that song for kids?" Sumin looked at me with a patient gaze,"No Luhan-ssi. But, it's still my favorite. Cause I love sunflowers." I rolled my eyes at her answer,"Childish." Sumin blushed harder and continued drawing.

 At the moment we were sitting outside with kids. It was art time and we had to draw a picture. I was helping out with a kid named Jie.

"Do you need help kid?" I looked over at his drawing. An apple tree? Jie had his tongue out as he concentrated on drawing perfect red circles. "No." He replied,"I can do it." 

I shrugged,"Alright." 

It was just Sumin, a girl named Kyungmi, Jie, and I. It was time for lunch soon, so we had to get the kids back inside soon.

"Oppa! Look at my pink flower!" Kyungmi softly spoke as she sat down next to me. I gasped,"Wow, that's pretty. Kyungmi's favorite color is pink?" 

Kyungmi nodded,"Yes. Its my favorite color in the whole wide world!" I laughed,"Well then next time I come, I'll make sure to bring Kyungmi a present. Ok?" 

"Promise?!" Kyungmi squealed, holding out her tiny pinky. I smiled at her,"Yeah. Promise." And wrapped my fingers with hers.

"W-what about me hyung?" Jie stuttered and looked up at me. He bit his lip and played with his fingers. I ruffled his hair,"Hyung will get you something. Don't worry."  

"Alright kids, come on." Sumin got up and dusted her yellow dress. She carried Kyungmi back to ther wheelchair,"Luhan-ssi can you carry Jie?" I nodded,"Sure."

Once the kids were back in their rooms, Sumin dragged me to the cafeteria. I looked around and felt weird. It was dull and had a bad atomosphere. 

"So, how did you like your volunteering so far?" Sumin asked. She handed me a cup of coffee, and blew on hers. I watched her lips as she blew the steam away. I averted my eyes from her pink lips,"It's whatever."

Sumin smiled,"Is that so? I thought you'd like it." I shrugged,"I don't really care. It's not like I'll ever see these kids again after Im done with this thing." 

, I shouldn't have said that...but it is true in a way...

She looked up at me,"That may be true...since they have such deadly diseases." Sumin sadly looked at her cup,"They're both dying..." 

I stopped drinking my coffee,"Bwoh? D-dying?" Sumin wistfully sighed,"Yeah. Kyungmi has leukemia and Jie has brain cancer." 

"Well...they'll be in a better place than this ty reality." I muttered bluntly.

I could feel her staring at me, but I pretended to look at the tv. For some reason I felt like I should buy the whole freaking toy store just for Kyungmi and Jie.

"So..." Sumin started off,"What do you do for a living?" 

My head shot toward her,"You don't know who I am?!" Sumin shook her head,"No. Should I?" I gaped at her,"Where the hell have you been? Under a rock?!" 

"Why, is there something I should know?!" Sumin scratched her cheek,"I don't really watch tv and such..." 

I can't believe this woman, doesn't know who I am. Everyone knows me. Even all the old ladies know me. How can this girl not?! What is happening to the world?! 

"I have no care for the media." Sumin explained,"I have no need for it to be exact. There are more important things in the world than just some pretty boys on tv." 

"You think Im pretty?" I raised an eyebrow. Sumin gasped,"N0! I-I mean y-yes, wait! I don't even know you." She slapped her forehead,"Anyway, that's it for today." Sumin stood up and bowed,"G-g00dbye Luhan-ssi!" 

Then she ran away before I could even explain to her who I was. I shook my head and smirked,"Weirdo."