022

You Are My Sunshine

Please don't take my Sunshine away...

----------

"So what is this operation going to be like?" Luhan asked Dr. Song. 

Dr. Song looked at the couple. A girl, a few years older than Sumin, was sitting next to him. "She'll be your cure."

"What?" The couple chorused,"Her?"

Dr. Song nodded,"This is Moon Chaewon. She also has a rare disease. Basically, her disease is the cure to your disease." 

tumblr_meux69nwVu1s01fpmo1_500.gif

Chaewon smiled,"Hello Sumin. I've heard so much about you from Joong Ki." Dr. Song smiled at her. 

"You guys know each other?" Luhan asked, looked between the two.

Chaewon and Dr. Song nodded,"Yes." 

"We're...kind of..." Dr. Song scratched his head and looked at Chaewon. She laughed,"He's my boyfriend." Dr. Song chuckled and nodded,"What she said."

"You're both going out?!" Luhan gasped,"You had a girlfriend?!" Sumin elbowed Luhan lightly at his behavior.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOoAHj3tQsdFQl0CiYTby

Dr. Song frowned,"Why? I can't have a girlfriend or something? Is it cause Im a doctor?" Chaewon smiled and covered her face.

Luhan shook his head rapidly,"No, I just...nevermind."

Sumin smiled and clasped her hands together,"So cute~! Is Dr. Song going to cure you too? Will my diease help her?"

Dr. Song glanced at Chaewon, and he sadly smiled at Sumin,"No. It won't help her...just you." 

"Eh?" Sumin pouted,"She won't get better?" 

"Not this way sadly." Dr. Song and Chaewon smiled at each other.

Chaewon held Sumin's hands,"When Joong Ki told me about you, I volunteered to help you. I just felt like I had too. I think after all the stories I've heard about you, such a sweet girl to have a disease like this, doesn't deserve to live this way. Don't worry, Joong Ki will take good care of you." 

"Chaewon unnie what about you?..." Sumin whispered. Chaewon just waved her hand,"Don't worry about me...I'll be fine, right jagiya?" Dr. Song wrapped his arm around Chaewon,"Of coruse yeobo." 

Sumin beamed at the couple. Luhan smiled at her,"Thank you, Chaewon noona. For doing this. And thank you Dr. Song as well, for treating Sumin." 

Dr. Song smiled,"What can I say? Im a doctor."

 

 Chaewon waited outside forJoong Ki. He still had to talk to Sumin about the procedure. She leaned against the wall and spaced out, worried and scared. But she couldn't let Joongki see her like this. Chaewon sighed,"I can do this."

tumblr_mc2w2dsz2r1r9dbtjo1_5001.gif

Jongki came out of the room after a few mintues and looked at Chaewon,"Are you sure about this?" 

Chaewon smiled at her boyfriend,"I want to help her...it's my choice. I've already decided to help her Joong Ki."

"But you're life is at stake!" Joong Ki looked at her miserably. He'd didn't want to lose the woman he loved, because of a surgical operation he might not be able to perform the way he wanted. "If I cause your death I wouldn't be able to live with myself." 

Chaewon pouted a bit and playfully poked his chest,"Yah, what did I say about guilting yourself like that. You know I don't like you to think that way. I happy to do this Joong Ki. Please don't think that way." 

 

tumblr_mc7n9dorSO1rjoltfo1_500.gif

tumblr_mc2avzxQNm1rqxkhso1_r1_500_large.

Joong Ki pulled Chaewon and kissed her forehead softly,"Pabo." Chaewon hugged his waist,"I know." Joong Ki sighed and hugged her tightly,"I'll take care of you and won't ever let you go." Chaewon smiled,"That's all Im asking for."

 

"THANK YOU EVERYONE!" Exo bowed as one to the big crowd. The audience cheered loudly and clapped.

Luhan looked around the sea of many faces and cried,"T-thank you. Everyone. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate it. Im thankful you're all here to help me and mostly Sumin. THANK YOU!" 

The crowd cheered even louder and shouted cheerful, encouraging words to the idol. Luhan cried more and Exo surrounded him, giving him hugs. 

The Cure Concert, a concert dedicated to Sumin. A concert that earned Sumin enough money to go through with the operation. At first Exo didn't expect a lot of donations from their fans, after that one event. However, the whole stadium was too full, that some of the fans had to stand from the outside. They raised more than enough money for Sumin. 

Sumin was back stage in a wheel chair. She was wearing a light pink shirt, with a red heart in the middle. In black font, it read The Cure Concert on it. 

"Luhan~! You guys! That was great!" Sumin clapped her arms. Yui was behind Sumin,"Good job!" 

"Thank you ladies." Kai winked. Sumin and Yui giggled to themselves. Luhan smacked Kai's head,"Jongin..."

Kai raised his hands,"Got it! Geez, I hate happy couples."

Everyone laughed,"Jealous fool." 

Kai frowned,"What the hell?!" D.O hugged Kai with one arm,"Don't worry! You have me~!" Kai shoved D.O away,"Go away Kyungsoo!" D.O just wiggled his eyebrows at Kai,"Awe, someone's in a bad mood."

 

"CHEERS!" Everyone raised their glasses together. Everyone decided to go out and celebrate for the concert's success.

"Everyone, thank you all for helping us out." Luhan smiled at each of his friends and co-workers,"It means a lot to me." 

"We did it for Sumin! Not you!" Lay snickered and drank his drink. Chen and Kai laughed and high-fived him. Sumin gave Luhan and comforting squeeze in the hand and smiled at him. 

Luhan smiled back,"She means a lot to me."

"BOO happy couples!" Kai hollered and everyone laughed once again. Sumin giggled a bit. Luhan sighed,"I give up trying to make a speech." He shook his head and sat back down. 

Sumin hugged Luhan's arms,"I loved your speech." Luhan pinched her nose,"You should like my speech, it's all for you babe." Luhan laughed at Sumin's blushing face and kissed her cheek,"All for you."

Sumin looked around her, smiling faces everywhere, jokes and laughter, and happiness. Sumin couldn't ask for more better people in her life. Tears welled in her eyes as she looked at the people surrounding her.

"Omo, Sumin! Why are you crying?" Luhan cooed and wiped her eyes. The room became silent. 

"Im just so grateful for all of you." Sumin cried and looked at everyone. They all smiled at her.

"Why wouldn't we help a friend of ours?" Suho smiled. Baekhyun nodded,"You've been a big help to us."

"Me? How?" Sumin questioned. Lay smirked,"You made Luhan less of an ." Luhan shot him a look, but smiled afterwards. 

"Hell yeah!" Chanyeol grinned and so did Sehun,"Yeah, hyung was a meanie." 

"He was wasn't he?" Tao agreed with the other maknae. Soon the whole room was in a discussion on how Luhan was a jerk to them all. Luhan turned red,"G-guys! Come on! Stop it!" 

"Omo, Luhan! Did you really kick Sehun off the bed too?" Sumin gasped and shook her head at him,"So Im not the only one?"

"Oh what's this? You guys slept in the same bed?" Lay looked at Luhan with a sly smirk,"How did this happen?"

"Lay." Luhan warned. But Sumin shook her head,"No, not like that! Luhan fell asleep, we both did. It was nothing!" 

"It wasn't?" Luhan pouted. Sumin turned her head toward him,"Oh come on, Im trying to defend you already!" Luhan just smiled and shrugged. 

Kai noticed them and rolled his eyes,"I hate happy couples." Kris raised his eyebrows,"But I thought you had Kyungsoo?"

"Shut up hyung! He'll hear-" But it was already too late, D.O popped out of no where, his big eyes makign Kai back away,"Jongin! Where've you been! I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Kai slapped his face,"I hate life in general." D.O pulled him around, telling him about all the bad food that was being served and how he could make better. 

 

Luhan pushed Sumin's wheelchair toward her room. Sumin laughed,"I had a great time. Thank you for doing this Luhan." She patted his hand. 

"Are you happy?" Luhan smiled. He knew that she'd get angry if he spent his own money for her operations, especially after all that he's done for her. Sumin was ecstatic when she found out what Exo had planned. 

"Very happy Luhan. Im glad you found a way to raise money...but, I still feel a little indebted to you all." Sumin bit her lips. They've done so much for her, when she hadn't done anything for them. 

Luhan saw her uneasy eyes and kneeled in front of her. He grabbed her tiny, fragile hands and beamed up at her,"I would do anything for you to get better. And so would Exo, they love you like family." 

Sumin saw honesty, and reassurance in his eyes and smiled,"How did I ever deserve a boyfriend like you?" Luhan winked at her,"You caught a good catch didn't you?"

Sumin rolled her eyes and shoved his head a bit with her index finger,"Aigoo, where is this cocky attitude coming from again? But you're right...I did find a good catch." 

Luhan chuckled and stood up a bit to caress Sumin's cheek,"I ask myself everyday, how I was able to get a beautiful, kind, sweet girl like you. And I thank the gods for giving you to me. You're my treasure. I can feel it Sumin...we're going to make it out of this place. We'll go back to living outside in the world again, not in this shabby place of death. Just wait a bit more, hm?" 

Sumin nodded her head once again. She had a good feeling about her operation. She could feel it in her bones, freedom. She was going to be out in the sunlight once again, and not in the darkness. Sumin was going to get better, and live longer with Luhan and everyone else. Sumin was so thankful that Dr. Song and Chaewon would be able to change her fate. 

Sumin whispered and hugged Luhan,"I'll be free once again." Luhan kissed her head,"Yeah, you will."