015

You Are My Sunshine

So I hung my head and cried.

----------

Sumin decided to take the treatments, anything for her to live. Luhan was there with her all the time, never leaving her side. She moved into a room in the hospital. A white, plain room. Her bed next to the window, sun streaming through the glass. Luhan brought flowers, sunflowers, just to brighten up the room a bit. Balloons and stuffed animals on a table from the EXO members. Books, brought from her house, on the dresser next to her tv. Sumin felt like it was just like home, making her views on hospitals change. 

She was worried it would feel like a prison. All her freedom would be taken away from her. Sumin didn't want that, and Dr. Lee went easy on her and sometimes let her out into the city, but she was only supposed to be permitted in the garden or music room.

Days in the hospital weren't all so bad for her, especially when Luhan stayed with her and kept her company. Luhan made sure that Sumin was still the same, always smiling. And she was, whenever he was near her. It was like her smile came naturally with Luhan. They grew close, yes they loved each other, but they didn't say anything to each other about the matter. 

Sumin was insecure about her feelings and also confused on whether Luhan felt the same way she did. He showed so much care and concern for her, it was like he was her boyfriend. Sumin took advantage of those moments. Ever since that day he asked her to take the treatments, the look on his face was permamently stuck on her mind. Does he love me too? Was a questionn she asked herself whenever it was time to sleep, and Luhan would sing just for her. You Are My Sunshine, her favorite song in the whole wide world.

Can Luhan love a sick, dying girl like me?

-----------

One day, Sumin decided to just plain out ask him. She sat on her hospital bed, a common thing she did recently. 

"I might die anyway...so I should just ask Luhan. Yeah, theres nothing to be afraid of, I'll just straight out ask him if he feels-"

"Feel like what?" Luhan asked, walking in the room with fresh sunflowers. He smiled at Sumin's surprised face. 

"F-feel like reading me a book...?" Sumin mentally slapped herself for such a lame cover up answer. Luhan laughed and went to her books,"What should I read today?" 

Luhan picked out her favorite book, and started to read to her. Sumin wasn't listening to him read, even though she really loved his soothing voice. Her mind was currently in a battle of when to just ask him. Sumin soon got a headache and just blurted it out. 

"Do you love me?!"

Luhan looked at her, flabbergasted and speechless. Did she really ask him that? 

Sumin looked at him with a embarrassed face and at the same time she tried to keep a serious posture, but Luhan saw through her eyes that she was scared and confused. 

Luhan closed the book and looked at Sumin straight in the eye. He gently brushed her soft hair away behind her ear. 

"Is it so important to you to know how I feel about you?" He gave her a faint smile. 

Sumin bit her lip and she looked down. "I'm dying Luhan..." She whispered back to him. 

Luhan stayed silent. Sumin continued. 

"I am. Is it so wrong for a dying girl to know if the boy she's in love with...loves her back? You make me feel so confused about how you feel towards me. You were always so mean to me. A big, conceited, greedy, jerk! And when my illness is known to you...you become so caring and loving! Not like you weren't before I was here in this place...you would be so nice to me, and make my heart go crazy I could die...is it out of pity? That's why you're by my side? Because I'm dying?! If so...I don't need it!" 

Luhan was once again speechless. He just stared at her, and she did the same. Silence hung heavy in the air between them. Luhan spoke. 

"Pity? I never even...if really believe that's what I feel...you're wrong Sumin. Never have I onced pitied you for your illness. Staying by your side, it wasn't because of pity. It was because I wanted to. I have been a jerk. A big one. To you...to everyone. I wasn't always like this. I became an idol soley on one reason, for my love of music. Its my passion, to present music and see people fall in love with music too. To see happy smiles on people's faces. But I became clouded by fame and became an . I'm sorry for being that way to you. I didn't know what to do. You make me go insane, both my heart and mind." 

Luhan grabbed Sumin's hand and held it. He softly placed a kiss on her cold hand, and left a warm feeling on her skin. "I love you." he whispered against her skin. 

He looked up at her " I love you so much, so damn much. And that's why I'm buy your side, and will continue to be forever. So Sumin you don't have to feel sad, confused, or scared anymore. You won't be alone because I'm with you. I'll be the best boyfriend. So Song Sumin... Will you be my perfect girlfriend?" 

Sumin's cries filled the room. Luhan stood up immediately,"Sumin? What's wrong?" 

Sumin shook her head,"I'm so happy. Really really happy." She smiled and wiped her tears. Luhan chuckled and pinched her cheeks,"Well is that a yes?"

Luhan was attacked with a big hug from Sumin,"Yes! Yes I want to be Luhan's girlfriend!" Sumin's smile grew wider as Luhan hugged her tiny waist,"We'll get through this together." 


*forever sobbing*

Sorry if it looks weird I updated through my itouch.