Seoul at night

Young Romance

It was already night. You had already spoken to your mother and she wouldn’t come home today. She would sleep at a hotel because she went on a business trip and she would just come tomorrow. You had dinner with your dad. He was pretty good with cooking too so, you didn’t have to worry about the food.

You were doing your homework at your room when suddenly you heard something. You took the earphones of your ears and waited to hear the sound again. You heard the sound a second time and you grew curious, not scared or just curious. You heard the sound for the third time and you realized that the sound came from the window.

You got up from your bed, opened the window and walked outside to your porch. You looked around you and didn’t see anything. When you were about to go inside you heard someone calling for your name, “Hanna? Pshh, down here!”, the person said in a low tone of voice so no one could hear except you.

You turned around and looked downwards. You widened when you saw a handsome boy with a beanie, a shirt, jeans and with converses, looking at you with his hands on his pockets.

 

“Baekhyun what are you doing here? It’s night, you should be at home.”, you whispered, “I came here to take you to a place.”, he said as he smiled at the thought of it. “But … we have school tomorrow and I can’t go out.”, you shook your head. He took his hands out from his pockets, “Silly, we don’t have school tomorrow, it’s holiday.”, he told you.

You had forgotten about that, but still you had another problem. “Oh I forgot about it. But my dad will see me leaving. I guess I can’t go with you.”, you pouted. Quickly, Baekhyun found another way. “Jump I’ll catch you.”, he held out his hands. You widened in horror, “Are you crazy? I won’t jump and I’m not dressed to go out.”, you kept excusing yourself. He rolled his eyes, “You don’t need to be dressed formally. I won’t take you to a party.”, you sighed. Had you another choice?

“Gah, okay. Just wait there, I’ll get my jacket and my phone.”, you went inside your room and grabbed your phone and wore the oversized black jacket that combined with your converses. You turned off the lights and came outside again. You looked to where Baekhyun was, it was bit high for you to climb down. You breathed in and out and nodded to yourself. *Let’s do this! You can do it Hanna!*, you cheered for yourself.

You were starting climbing down in the other side of the sealing of your porch. Right there, your foot slipped and you went falling down, but fortunately Baekhyun caught you in time. You were in his strong arms. You had your arms around his neck and you found yourself looking at a pair of dark brown eyes that seemed so hypnotizing. It was the first time you really looked at Baekhyun’s beautiful eyes.

You looked away and Baekhyun put you on the ground. “Thank you, if it weren’t you, at this time I would be here with a broken arm, leg or something.”, you thanked him. “I told you I would catch you.”, he grinned, “So, where are we going?” you asked curious. He took your hand, “Come.”.

You walked and talked about a lot of things during the walk. “Well, let’s go in this way.”, Baekhyun led you to the place he wanted to take you. You climbed to a rooftop. As soon as you turned away and saw the view from there your jaw dropped. You were so amazed by the view. You could see the river and all those lights. It was mesmerizing. “Baekhyun … this is amazing!”. He smiled, “You like it?”, he approached you. “Of course I like it. It’s the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life.”, you kept looking at the view. He giggled glad that you were enjoying the moment.

You both sat at the edge of the building. You were appreciating the beautiful view when Baekhyun turned to you and asked, “You still like Kang In?”, you looked puzzled at his random question, “Hum ... I guess not anymore. I really liked him. He had a big impact in my life, but, after what he did and after all I saw about him that I didn’t know, made me forget him and I guess there is no love for him anymore. Thanks to you too. You helped me with all of this. You’re really a great friend. Thank you bunny bacon.”, you laughed and poked his nose.

*Yeah a great friend.* Baekhyun didn’t know how to tell you about his feelings yet. Maybe he had just to wait a little more, he still wasn’t ready for the consequences of telling you his feeling towards you.  “You welcome. I’m sure you would do that for me too.”, he spoke. You nodded. “Of course I would. We’re best friends and I’m proud of it.”, you gave him a warm smile.

He turned to the view and pointed “This, is Seoul at night.”.