Worried parents.

Young Romance

 

You looked around in hope to see your mom, but no signs of her. You went to the kitchen and she wasn’t there also. Finally you decide to go check in her room. You went upstairs and knocked on the door, “Yes?”, your mom asked, “Can I come in?”, you peeked inside and before your mom could answer you had already entered.

“Hi, sweetie. I’m sorry, that I didn’t pick up your call and didn’t call you back.”, she apologizing looked at you. You shrugged, “It’s okay. So how’s work?”, you tried to make a subject. “Well, I can say that now it’s good. I finished what I needed in this mini-trip, so I guess it’s calm now. And you how’s your school life?”, she asked back.

You immediately thought of Baekhyun, in fact your school life was good and bad. Good because your marks were good, and bad because of Baekhyun. “It’s fine.”, you answered. Your mom gave you smile, “Good. I want you to have a good future. I want you to have a good job and your own house…”, “Is that an indirect way to say, that you want me out of this house?”, you cut her off and laughed. Your mom laughed along and shook her head. “Of course not! Is an indirect way to say that I want you to have an independent life and a beautiful future.”.

You nodded as if you were promising that, even though you didn’t know how your future would be. “Well, I’m going to my room.”, you were exiting the room when your mom shouted from there, “I’ll call you when lunch is ready!”, you shouted back, “Okay!”.

You had a really good relationship with your parents. You really loved them, for you they were the best parents in the world. Like your grandparents, you also loved them really much.

You were leafing through a book when you felt your mobile phone vibrating. You went to check who it was, and the ID showed the last name you wanted to see at that moment. Baekhyun sent you a text. You didn’t know if you would read it or not. You bit your lip, you couldn’t do it so you pressed the exit button.

Suddenly your mom knocked on the door and opened it. “Lunch is ready, sweetheart.” You looked at her, and she noticed your sad face. “Is everything okay?”, she softly asked. You nodded and gave her a small and fake smile.

She wasn’t convinced about that, but still she thought you would tell her whenever you would feel ready to do it, so she didn’t bother you by asking again. You went with her downstairs and turned right, to the dining room.

Your dad was already sat, ready to eat. He also noticed that your mood wasn’t happy. He looked at your mom and nodded once as if asking what was wrong with you. She just shook her head in signal that she didn’t know the reason why you were sad.

You and your parents were eating, but you had no appetite and barely touched your food. Since your parents knew that you dated Kang In, they were worried that another depressing week would happen again. “So … How’s my shiny star today?”, your dad asked to lift the mood and also to see if he could take out some information about your mood. You didn’t answer. You were playing with the fork on your plate. Your dad wouldn’t give up so easily. “Aren’t you hungry?”, you shook your head and answered “No.”, “But you have to eat, or else you’re going to be weak and then I won’t be able to call you shiny star, since you’re no longer shinning.”, he tried to at least make you smile, but ended up failing.

You frowned “Seriously dad? I’m not a kid.”, “So you want me to go straight to the point? Okay, it has to do with Kang In?”, you widened. You weren’t expecting your dad to mention Kang In. “No, no. I don’t talk to him anymore.” You shook your head in denial. Your mom unfortunately guessed right. “It has to do with Baekhyun?”, pain covered your heart at the mention of Baekhyun’s name. You avoided her question “Huh … I don’t want to talk about it now.”, you got up and went to your room.