Jealousy

Young Romance

 

During the whole time, you two laughed, talked and helped each other while studying, but you didn’t notice that there was someone observing you, since you entered the room. Baekhyun was also there.

He was looking at you like he used to do in the past. But this time was different you weren’t next to him or sleeping on his lap. You were with someone else this time. You had new a friend, a male friend. Seeing you with another guy, just broke his heart in pieces. It was like having no more meaning for existing. Sadness, angry and jealousy covered his eyes that were looking in your direction. It was difficult for him, not having you eating with him, playing with him, talking with him, or even standing next to him. If it was already hard to accept that you stopped talking to him, now was even harder, because you had a new friend. Who knew what could happen between you and your new friend?

He couldn’t stand seeing a guy that came out of nowhere making you smile. He got enough of that, so he got up, grabbed his bag and not minding of disturbing others with the noise he was making, he got out of there.

You were carefully reading some information that was important for the mid-term, when the sound of a chair hitting the ground distracted you. You looked up to see what it was and saw a guy leaving the room. You recognized his bag. You quickly associated the bag to the person. *Baekhyun.* , you wondered. You had given that bag to him, on his birthday. He liked it so much that he took it to anywhere he went.

“People these days.”, D.O muttered while shaking his head. Interrupted from your thoughts, you got back to reading but after that moment you couldn’t concentrate on studying anymore.

D.O looked at you, he could see you were tired of being there and impatient because you kept sighing and couldn’t stop playing with the pencil. “Are you okay?”, he asked in concern. You looked at him “Hum? Y-yeah, I’m fine.”, D.O suspiciously eyed you “Are you sure?”, he checked.

You put your pencil down and ran a hand on your hair. “Actually no, I’m not really fine. Do you mind if I go home?”, you sounded worried and uncomfortable with something. “Is it serious? Can I help or …-“, you cut his words “No Kyungsoo. Do you mind if I go home?”, impatiently you asked again. He shook his head, “No I don’t mind.”, he was still puzzled in the whole situation.

You had been all day happy and smiling and now you looked worried and impatient. It made him confused. You started to pack your things. He stood there without knowing what to do. When you were about to finish packing, he also started to pack. You stopped and asked him, “Why you’re packing your things? Aren’t you going to stay?”. Without looking at you he answered “I came here to study with you, it wouldn’t make sense if I would end up alone, so I’ll go too.”, he finished packing and you both left the library.

“Well, see you tomorrow.”, you waved. “I’ll take you home.”, he offered. You shook your head, “No, it’s okay. You don’t have to go.”, you kindly gave him a smile. He knew you weren’t okay. “Are you sure? I mean, I don’t mind taking you home.”, “No, really. It’s fine. Bye.”, you waved again while walking away. He also waved and since you were some meters away he shouted so you could hear him, “Text me when you get home! I want you to be safe. Be careful okay?”, you turned around and lifted your arm giving him thumbs up sign.

You were in the streets of Seoul making your way home when a couple passed next to you. The guy was with his arm around her shoulders and she was with her hand on his waist. They were laughing, smiling and talking happily to each other. When they had already passed by you, you looked back at them and sighed. You remembered Baekhyun’s confession. You thought that maybe you could like him, but, should you do this? Dating your best-friend? You weren’t sure yet.

Too much things were happening at the same time.