Spending time with D.O

Young Romance

 

“It’s here.”, D.O said as you approached a restaurant. It seemed chick from the outside so you were curious to see how it was inside. D.O opened the door and made a gesture for to enter first. You looked around and the restaurant was decorated modernly, it looked like those 5* restaurants, very expensive. Otherwise, it was peaceful and had a nice atmosphere. D.O choose a table and when you were about to go sit, he came behind you and pushed the chair for you, like the real man do. He was really a gentleman.

When you both were already waiting for the waitress to come, D.O spoke “This is a nice place, isn’t it?”, you were still amazed by all the modern and chick style, “Yeah it is.”, you grinned. “It’s my aunt’s restaurant. I come here often.”, he said, “D.O, don’t get me wrong but, who’s going to pay for the lunch? … I don’t have money with me right now.”, you lowered your head. D.O sweetly smiled “It’s okay. My aunts will help with that.”.

The waitress finally came and you choose what to eat. You had a talkative, enjoyable and really good lunch. After you finished it, D.O’s aunt came to greet him. “Hello, my lovely Kyungsoo! Oh you brought a friend today! Hello sweetie, I’m Eunjae, Kyungsoo’s aunt. Nice to meet you.”, she greeted you, “I’m Hanna, nice to meet you too.”, you bowed your head a bit in respect.

She then approached D.O and asked him something that you couldn’t understand what it was, because she spoke not loud enough for you to hear. “Ah no, she’s just my friend.”, D.O kindly smiled, she gave him a suspicious but playful look. “Well did you enjoy the lunch?”, she asked, always with a grin on her face. “Yes.”, you and D.O said in unison. “Good. The lunch if for free and you can comeback whenever you want.”, she spoke. You bowed, “Thank you so much.”, she waved and you two got out of the restaurant.

“Your aunt is really nice and cooks really well.”, you complimented. “Yeah, I learned to cook with her. I often show up in there to help her with cooking in the restaurant.”, he said, “Really? You cook?”, you widened. He nodded and slightly laughed, “Why the surprise?”, you ashamed yourself, “Well, I’m like a disaster on the kitchen. I think I just know how to cook fries and scrambled eggs.”, you shrugged.

He laughed hard. “Yah, don’t make fun of me! I mean, I know I’m the worst chef ever, but don’t need to laugh at me.”, you complained. He finally stopped laughing, “I’m sorry, but it was the first time I heard a girl saying she doesn’t know how to cook.”, you stopped from walking,  “Okay, fine. Laugh at me I don’t mind. I’ll just study alone.”, you turned your back at him and started to walk again.

“Yah, Hanna wait. I was just kidding. Forgive me please!”, he caught up with you. You looked at him and saw him pouting. “Aish, not aegyo! Okay I forgive you.”, you said. He smiled. “Where are we going to study?”, you asked, “I thought we could go to the local library. Do you want to go to anywhere else?”, Kyungsoo asked you, “No, no the library is fine. I like to be in there. It’s a peaceful and nice place to be.”, you answered.

You fast reached the local library. You entered and you headed to the first floor where the room to study and read was. You quietly choose a table to sit and started to take out the school books, notebooks and the writing utensils. The room had tables next to the windows in both sides (left and right) and in the middle of the room, there were the bookshelves.

“You’re going to study chemistry? Ugh, I hate chemistry.”, you whispered while looking at his books. “Yeah. I don’t really like it either, but I have to study it.”, he shrugged.

Time passed by and you came to a question that was really challenging your mind. You didn’t know how to answer to that question. D.O noticed your confused expressions while reading the question over and over again and leafing the book many times. “Having problems?”, he asked, “Hum, yeah, I guess. I don’t how to answer a question here.”, you answered always in a low tone of voice so you wouldn’t disturb others.

“Let me see.”, he stretched his arm so you could give him the book. You handed him the book and he read the question. After reading it he looked up for some information in the pages behind. “So, you have to explain what is the cellular metabolism, in other words, you have to say what is and what it does.”, he simply explained. “See this image here, and this paragraph? The information is all in here.”, he said while pointing to the image and the paragraph. “Waa, thank you. It’s definitely much more helpful if we have someone to study with.”, you said while getting back the book.

You both smiled and went back to the studies.