He looks like him.

Young Romance

 

It was Wednesday already and you only had lessons in the morning. You had been talking with your new friend a lot, in the past 2 days. He was a really nice guy. You didn’t realize that Baekhyun hadn’t showed up in your thoughts lately, but you still had that little empty hole in your heart.

“Hey, good morning!” You greeted D.O, when you arrived at school. “Good morning!” He also greeted with his irresistible smile, “Did you sleep well?” He asked, “Hum, hum.” You nodded. For who has just met two days ago, you two got along pretty well, but of course you were still awkward and shy with each other. “Do you have any exam this week?” He asked “Yes, sciences mid-term on Friday” You answered while sighing. “Why do you ask?” You turned to him. “Well, I have one too, and I was thinking that we could … maybe … study together. I could help you, if you needed. What do you think?” He shyly suggested. You thought that having someone helping you study was really helpful and it could be more enjoyable, so you agreed with it. “Okay, we’ll study together then.” You grinned.

The bell rang and you both went to your respective classrooms.

It was now lunch time and you had no more school for today. You were waiting for D.O at the school gate, when suddenly a memory came to your mind.

 

*Baekhyun had gone back to school because he forgot a book in his locker, so you were waiting for him at the school gate. “Breaking up with you, was the best choice. If I didn’t, I think I would get hurt.” Kang In showed up. You looked puzzled at him. “I knew you had something with that nerd, you call best friend.” You offended yourself, you couldn’t stand someone call names to Baekhyun. “What? First he’s not a nerd, He’s funny, cool and treats me better than you did when we dated, and –“ Baekhyun came back, “Yeah, and if you have a problem with Hanna, come talk to me first instead of making her see your face and remember all the you did. You sure don’t know how to treat a girl. Don’t you see you already have hurt her enough? She passed a week without eating and not sleeping well all because of you! At least have the good sense of not talking with her anymore. She had enough pain, doesn’t need more. So do me a favor and get out of here.” He didn’t speak and went out of there.

You have never seen Baekhyun like that, he was pissed off. You were touched by what he did. “Are you okay?” he asked. “Yes … and you?” You asked too. “Yeah. Are you sure you’re okay?” He checked. “Yes, I am. … Thank you.” He looked at you. “For sending him away and for defending me. What would I be without you?” You smiled and he smiled back. “Why don’t we go take a walk until the bus come?” he suggested. “Oh that’s good. I didn’t want to stay there waiting for the bus to come.”  *

 

You sighed and kicked a small rock that was on the floor. Without you noticing, D.O came behind you and scared you, “Ready?”, you jumped at hearing that sudden voice, you turned around and saw D.O standing with his usual bright smile “Are you trying to kill me?” you glared at him, “Did I scare you?” he innocently asked. You shot him death glares, “nah, I just got super hyper mega surprised by your unexpected appearance!” You answered sarcastically. He laughed and apologized.

“So where are we going to study?” You asked. “Jesus, you really want to study. Don’t want to eat lunch, first?” He widened. “Oh, I’m not that hungry so I guess I forgot that was lunch time.” You shrugged. “Well, let’s eat first, I know a very nice place to eat.”.

You were in your way to the «lunch place», when D.O all of a sudden asked, “Are you usually like this?” You looked at him confused, “Like what?”, “Do you forget to eat usually?” He looked at you, with a bit of concern in his eyes “Oh, that. Well, just when I’m depressed or in exams weeks, I think.” You tried to make it as a normal habit, “So that means, you’re depressed now? I know you have a mid-term on Friday, but I don’t think it is so important for you to make you forget to eat.” He tried to figure out a reason. “It’s not that I’m depressed, I just … I had some problems recently, nothing serious.” You were referring to Baekhyun confession to you. “Oh, I hope you can forget about it and eat more.” He attempted to put a smile on your face, but it was a very small one that appeared in your face. “Aish, I really don’t like to see girls with a sad face or crying. It breaks my heart.” He pretended to be sad. You grinned “Oh so sensitive!” You . “Oh, so you’re trying to bring me down?! You won’t achieve that, you know why? Because you’re lucky that you didn’t eat, because you if you had already ate, I would leave you right here and go eat by myself!” He joked, faking to be hurt. You laughed at his silliness, and again Baekhyun’s moments with you came to your mind. You remembered the fake fights you had with him and your smile faded away.