Memories.

Young Romance

 

Friday passed by quickly and the weekend came.

Since it was Saturday, you slept until late. You woke up and your hair was a mess but you didn’t care. You went downstairs and had breakfast by yourself because your parents had already ate. You looked at the fridge and there was a note on it. “Mom and dad went out. We might not come to lunch, there’s the rest of the dinner of yesterday in the fridge if you want to eat. Bye, sweet kisses. P.S: If anything happens you can call us.”, you giggled at the note and you went to the living room.

You looked around, you didn’t feel like going to watch TV or something, so you remembered something that would maybe make you feel better. You went to your room, you took a shower, got dressed and before leaving the house you grabbed your phone and went out.

The day was bright and shiny. There were no clouds in the blue sky, the sun was shining brightly, making the weather pleasant.

You made your way to your grandparents’ house.

Today you didn’t go inside by the front door, you went inside by the back door.

In the back of the house there was a swimming pool, a beautiful and cared garden, with flowers and trees. You remembered the last summer that you went there. Once again Baekhyun was in that memory. You sighed and you went up the staircase. In the first floor there was a bathroom, and three rooms, your grandparents’ room, yours, and the one which was for the guests. As you were walking and seeing the house and the furniture, memories kept coming to your mind.

When you where at your grandparents’ room, something caught your eye. You saw a family photo in the bedside table. You grabbed the frame and you could see your grandparents with you smiling for the photo. Your eyes couldn’t contain themselves and let out some tears running down your cheek. One of them landed on the glass of the frame and you quickly wiped it away.

You went to their house not to talk about your problems but to remember the amazing memories you had with them. The vibration of your phone made you come back to the present. The phone kept vibrating and without looking at the ID you picked up the call. “Hello?”, you asked, “Hi. Hanna. We need to talk.”, the person didn’t introduce herself but you could recognize who it was by the voice.  “No we don’t Baekhyun.”, he noticed that you were crying, “Are you crying?”, you answered coldly, “No, I’m not and please don’t call me.”.

You were about to hang up but he shouted, “No wait! Can you please explain to me what’s going on?”, he looked helpless. You sighed. You thought that Baekhyun at least needed an explanation, although he should know already. “It is because of what I said to you? It’s because of what happened between us, in the other day?”, he asked. “Baekhyun, I was confused okay? After you said that to me, I-I didn’t know what to say or to do. In that moment I just wanted to organize my thoughts.”, you made a pause, “I think I need to be away from you, for a while.”, your heart ached when you said it. You lowered you head.

A long period of silence came. You were both with your phones in your ears waiting for one of you to break the silence. Baekhyun finally did it. “Okay. I won’t bother you. Bye, take care.”, he felt his world falling apart. How he wished he wouldn’t have to say that. He hung up the call. “Wait Baekhyun …”, you spoke but the call had already ended.

You gave a last look at the photo and went outside.