Baekhyun, I ... want you back.

Young Romance

 

You were now on your way back to where Jinhyun and D.O were, when suddenly an unexpected person was coming in the other direction. You both looked up and your eyes met each other. You stopped walking and the other person stopped too. “Baekhyun?”, your eyes were still looking at each other’s. Without a word he broke the eye contact and walked away. “Baekhyun!”, you shouted in hope he would turn back but he didn’t, he kept walking away without even looking back.

Your heart fell. You just had the worst moment ever. You stood there, holding hands with Jungmin, watching Baekhyun disappear. Tears were trying to fell, but you contained yourself. You wouldn’t cry in front of a little boy and even in the streets.

“I’ll go home now.”, you said as you gave Jungmin’s hand to Jinhyun. She immediately realized that something had happened. “What’s wrong? Did something happened?”, you shook you head, “No, I’m just tired and I want to go home.”, you gave her a hug and you were about to go away, when D.O offered, “Wait, I’ll take you home.”, you shook your head declining his offer. “No, I’m fine. I’ll go by myself.”. Jinhyun grabbed your arm “Aish, you’re so stubborn!”, she scolded you. “D.O where’s your car?”, she asked him. “It’s in that parking lot.”, he pointed on its direction. “Well, let’s go.”, she pulled you with her.

You got in the car and Jinhyun came to the driver’s side. “Take care of her.”, she said to D.O. He nodded and drove off. You were quiet and the silence was present in the car. “Are you okay?”, D.O asked you as he quickly glanced at you. “Yeah. I’m fine. I don’t know why you guys keep asking me that.”, you were tired of hearing people asking if you were okay, even though sometimes you really weren’t fine.

“People ask that because they worry about you, we worry about you.”, he felt hurt somehow. You didn’t reply. The rest of the way was silent again. D.O stopped his car in front of the gate of your house. You got out of the car and waved. “Take care, okay?”, he asked. You nodded and he left.

You opened your small purse and took out the keys. You opened the door and entered. Your mom that heard you coming, approached you. “How was the party?”, you forced a smile “It was good.”, you were with no patience to talk about anything in that moment. So you went upstairs without another word.

You changed to your pajama and sighing, you laid in your bed. You turned your head to the right and saw your phone on the bedside table. You just couldn’t take it anymore. You grabbed it and called someone.

 

---- Baekhyun’s POV ----

I was trying to forget what happened earlier with Hanna while listening music, when I felt my phone vibrating on my pocket. I took it out and I got surprised when I saw the ID. Hanna was calling me. I didn’t know if I should pick up or ignore her call.

I really liked her, but she replaced me. I couldn’t take it. I didn’t know what was happening but in that moment I didn’t want to talk to her. I pressed the red button and put the phone away from my sight.

---- End of Baekhyun’s POV ----

 

Baekhyun rejected your call. You now realized that you transformed your friendship with Baekhyun into a strangers-relationship. You felt terrible, sad, frustrated, you just wanted to cry now. You felt like you were the worst person alive.

Seeing Baekhyun rejecting your call and not talking to you earlier, made you realize that deep inside you loved him. You were missing him, you missed his jokes, his smile, his teasing, his presence and you missed your friendship. That was what made you realize you liked him. You always had loved him, you just didn’t figure out in the right time.

“Why, why did I have to turn this friendship into this?”, you asked yourself. You were now sure that you wanted to be with Baekhyun and you would try everything to have him back. “How could I be so, stupid, selfish, and argh. I hate me!”, you threw your pillow to the floor.

With all the anger that was inside you, you let some tears fall down your cheeks and without noticing you slowly fell asleep.