Playing the role of a cupid and babysitter.

Young Romance

 

“So where do you want to go?”, D.O asked without taking his eyes of the road. You wondered for a bit and then thought of the park you always liked to go. “Do you know that park near our school, which has lots of trees and flowers?”, you asked. He nodded “Yeah. Do you want to go there?”, he smiled. You happily nodded.

You arrived at the park and once again, you felt relaxed. You two were walking peacefully with an awkward silence between you. “So, do you like someone?”, D.O randomly asked. You looked at him surprised by his question. You thought of Baekhyun. Although you hadn’t been talking with him, you missed him a lot but you just didn’t show it. You became sad while thinking of it. “Well, it’s …”, you paused and then sighed, “… it’s really complicated.”, he raised an eyebrow, “Complicated?”, he asked, because he had no idea you liked someone.

You saw a bench and went on its direction. D.O followed you. When you were both sitting in the bench you said, “Well yeah. It’s a long story and I don’t want to talk about it now. I hope you don’t mind.”, you lowered your head apologetically, “No, of course not. It’s totally fine.”, he gave you a comforting smile.

 

---- Jinhyun’s POV ----

“Aish Jungmin stop asking for ice cream! I’m not going to buy it.”, I angrily yelled at my younger brother. I was walking in the park when I noticed Hanna with a boy sitting on a bench. *Should I go or should I not?*, I thought. I wanted to ask her how the party was, but she was with a boy, well, a very good looking boy next to her. Maybe I should just pass and pretend I didn’t see her.

And so I did, but Hanna recognized me, “Jinhyun!”, she called. I turned to her and waved. She got up from the bench and came in my direction, “How are you little Jungmin?”, she greeted my brother and he cutely gave her thumbs up. She smiled and turned to me, “Come, there’s someone I want you to meet.”, she took my hand and dragged me to the place where the boy was. He was even prettier and handsomer from close. “D.O, this Jinhyun. And Jinhyun this is D.O.”, she smiled. We awkwardly bowed and greeted each other.

---- End of Jinhyun’s POV ----

 

*Waa they’re so cute!*, you thought. “Well little Jungmin, do you want something?”, you asked the cute little boy. “Yes. Noona didn’t want to buy me ice cream.”, he said while pouting. “Don’t worry, Jungminie. I’ll will buy you one, okay?”, you promised and he nodded. You took his hand and went to buy him an ice cream, leaving the other two behind. “So, Jungmin how old are you?”, you asked just to interact with him. He stopped and reached out his hand, opening it. “Waaaa, you’re five? Pretty Jungmin.”, you touched his nose and he cutely smiled.

You finally saw the usual man selling ice creams, in the street. “Which one do you want Jungmin?”, you asked him. “This one.”, he pointed to the cookie ice cream. It was like, the usual “Oreos” but with ice cream inside. “Okay, so this one please.”, You asked the man. “Since it’s for you, I’ll do it for free.” He handed the ice cream to Jungmin. “Oh, Thank you so much, Mr. Lee.”, you bowed, “You’re different today.”, he said while looking at your dress, “Well, I went to a party.”, you simply replied. “I see. So, goodbye then.”, he waved. You waved too, “Have a nice day, Mr. Lee.”.

“Is it good?”, you turned to Jungmin. He nodded and held the cookie for you to taste it. “Aigoo, Jungmin.”, you tasted it “Waaaa Jungmin, good choice. It’s delicious.”, and he continued eating it.