Dinner with your parents

Young Romance

Baekhyun went with you until your house. When you reached there you were sorry for him, because now he had to go back to catch a bus and go alone to his house. So you decided to join one more person at the table for dinner. “Baekhyun, come inside, you’ll have dinner here today.”, you stated out of nowhere. Baekhyun was surprised by your statement. “Ah … what? I didn’t even tell my parents yet.”, you rolled your eyes, “What a big ceremony! It’s not the first time you have dinner at my house and you can tell your parents now. Oh and tell them my dad or mom will take you home.” Baekhyun was still in “wth” expression. “What are you waiting for? Come on, let’s go inside.”, you grabbed his hand and pulled him inside.

“Mom, dad! I’m home!”, you shouted from the living room. Your mom appeared by the kitchen door and smiled brightly at the sight of her daughter and Baekhyun, “Hello honey. Oh hello Baekhyun, nice to see you again. Long time you didn’t visited us.”, Baekhyun politely greeted too, “Hello Mrs. Kim. Well, the opportunity didn’t appear so I guess that’s why.”, he showed his white teeth in a sincere smile.

Your mom had always been very sociable and out of your friends she liked Baekhyun the most. It was because he was a good, sweet and polite boy and was comfortable seeing you with him. She thought that he would influence you for better, that’s why she didn’t mind you being friends with him. “Well, you have to come visit us more often.”, she said. “I’ll keep that in mind.”, Baekhyun nodded. “Oh Hanna, I’m cooking dinner. Go set the table, please.”, she ordered you.

You and Baekhyun set the table then waited for the dinner to be ready while watching TV in the living room. “Dinner is ready!”, your mom announced while carrying a pan to the table. Your dad came downstairs. “Hey dad!”, you greeted, “Hey shiny start, how was your day?”, he replied back. You were a bit embarrassed about the nickname that your dad had given you, but still you loved it. “Dad, don’t call me that in front of guests and my day was like the others, normal.”, you answered.

Your dad looked at Baekhyun and a smile appeared in his face. “Oh hey Baekhyun! How are you buddy?”, it wasn’t only your mom who was happy to see Baekhyun again. Your dad was sociable too but … sometimes he could be a failure at it.

They shook hands and sat down. “I’m fine. And how are you going Mr. Kim?”, Baekhyun asked back, “I’m going. Sometimes bad, other times good. I’m getting old.”, your dad sighed at his own words. Your mom turned to him, “Don’t be so dramatic. You’re not that old.”, and you all laughed.

You had a cheerful dinning, full of laughter and comic stories of the past of your parents. When finished dinner, you all helped cleaning the table. “Mom, I need either you or dad to take Baekhyun home.”, you said while entering in the kitchen. “Oh, okay sweetheart. I’ll ask your dad to take him.”, and you left to the living room, where Baekhyun was, sitting on the couch watching TV. “Hey, my dad will take you home.”, you told him. He nodded while looking at his watch, “Well it’s getting later I should go.”, without letting you talk your dad came out of nowhere and spoke, “Here I am. Are you ready Baekhyun?”, your dad wore a jacket and walked towards the exit door.

Baekhyun nodded. “Bye, Hanna.”, you waved “Bye Bunny Bacon.”. He smiled at his nickname. It didn’t make sense but you thought it was funny joining bunny with bacon and started to call him that. “Goodbye Mrs. Kim”, Baekhyun didn’t forget your mom. Mrs. Kim came by the kitchen’s door with the apron on and waved, “Goodbye Baekhyun, come back soon!”. He nodded and then left with your dad.

You sat on the couch and sighed. You were glad that your parents got along with him and liked him. After a few minutes you went to your room. You took a shower and when you came back you checked your phone. There was a text from Baekhyun saying that he was already at home and safe. You chuckled at his text and you decided to not text him back but to call him. You two talked on the phone for an hour. You had always something to talk about with him and almost hadn’t silent moments. That was good.

Finally you were sleepy and you fell asleep.