You’re really my best friend

Young Romance

Another morning started again. It was a beautiful morning, the birds were "singing”, the sky was blue, without a cloud and the day was shiny. You felt good this morning. You woke up and did what you always do in every morning before going to school.

You were on your way to the bus-stop, when your friend Jinhyun called you. “Hanna! Wait!”, you looked back and waited for her. “Good morning Jinhyun!”, you said with a cheerful smile. “Hey! Good morning. Are you better?”, she asked in concern.

You thought for a little bit about what she was talking about and then you remembered, “Oh! Hum, yeah I guess.”, you nodded. “Who put that smile on your face? I mean you have been so depressed lately. I was worried about you.”, she pouted. You thought of Baekhyun, but you wouldn’t say that it was him that made you feel better to your friend because, she would start to imagine things that weren’t true and you didn’t want that. “Oh, it’s okay I’m better now. Thanks for worrying.”, you tried to avoid answering her question. “That’s what matters, you being okay.”, you gave her a sweet smile and hugged her.

You caught the bus and you asked Jinhyun if she wouldn’t mind getting another sit because you were saving the one next to you for Baekhyun. She friendly nodded and then she sat two sits in front of you. You were grateful to have such good friends.

The bus stopped again and a tall, handsome and cute boy entered. You looked away from the window and you recognized the boy who was entering right away. Baekhyun searched for you and you raised your hand so he could see you and sit next to you. He approached you and sat down. “Good morning shiny star!”, he teased you with a bright smile. You looked at him in disbelief. You couldn’t believe he had just called you Shiny Star. “What did you say, bunny bacon?”, you asked making a mad face. “Oh my god, she’s looking so serious, I think she’s going to kill me. Help!”, he joked.

You laughed at his silliness and slapped him in the shoulder, “Baekhyun, stop you’re making everyone to look at us.”, you glanced around. “And what would be the problem? Then people could see how bad you are for me.”, he faked to be sad and hurt. You raised an eyebrow, “Oh, so that’s how you thank me?! I saved you a sit and you still make rumors, bad rumors about me? Okay then, you can get another sit.”, you pretended to be mad. You both pretended to be mad at each other so many times that you already knew when it was kidding or serious.

He looked at you with an ‘I’m-very-important-person’ face and said “I will look for another sit …. after the bus stops at school.”, a little smile was forming on your face. You couldn’t help but laugh hard at his expression.

Now he looked lost in the whole situation. “Why are you laughing?”, you stopped to breathe and were about to talk but you couldn’t contain yourself and laughed again. Baekhyun had his Poker-face now. He was really clueless about what you were laughing at. “Baekhyun …. I …. I was laughing because of you.”, you managed to speak. He turned to you, “Why? What did I do this time?”, you took a deep breath to not laugh again and calmly spoke, “You should really see your face when you said you were going to look for another sit. Oh my god, you’re so funny Baekhyun. You almost made me cry!”, you calmed yourself down.

He was happy to make you smile even though he didn’t mean it, at least that time. “See, I like much more when you’re happy. That bastard! I should teach him a lesson, so he would never play with girls again.”,  you gave him a sweet and caring look, “Oh Baekhyun, it’s okay now. That it’s past and I don’t want to remember it. And just to let you know, I’m really grateful for you worrying about me and caring about me.”, he pulled you close and gave you a hug.

You both reached school. When you were leaving the bus you stopped by noticing your ex-boyfriend, Kang In, holding hands with another girl. You didn’t know that he was such a player. Baekhyun, who got out of the bus after you stopped too and searched for the place where you were looking at. He sighed, he was furious by seeing how stupid your ex-boyfriend was, so he held your hand and made you pass by him and the other girl.

Kang In spotted you both and looked away. When out of Kang In’s sight, you pulled back your hand from Baekhyun’s. “Can you explain to me, why you did that?”, you widened, “What?”, he tried to look innocent. You sighed, “Why did you hold my hand?”, you asked again. He lied, “Because I wanted to hold it.”. In fact a part of him wanted to hold your hand truthfully, but the other part was just to make Kang In jealous. “Well, you cannot hold my hand whenever you want!”. You snapped. He smiled, “Sorry, next time I’ll ask you first.”, you shook your head and left to your classroom. He followed you since you were in the same class as him, which meant you had all lessons with him.