Seeking Answers

Thy Aristocraters (The start of a new era)

“Face what alone? Why is it so noisy here, I could hear you guys shouting from over the other stretch,” a familiar warm voice announced his entrance.

 

Well, if Jaejoong hyung is not going to say anything, I will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Onew’s POV

Jonghyun had told me about what had happened, including Jaejoong hyung’s suicidal mission to fight alone against those army of terrifying creatures. This will not do!

 

“Hyung, I too think that we will have to inform the rest on this. There is no way that I would want you to go into this fight alone,” I said facing Jaejoong hyung.

 

“Besides, if you are not going to say anything, I promise I will tell everyone about it!” Jonghyun continued on with his threat. Jonghyun is hardly ever serious, so you can tell how affected Jonghyun is by Jaejoong hyung’s decision.

 

Jaejoong hyung seems to ponder for a moment before reluctantly nodding his head.

 

Jonghyun then proceeded to inform the rest of the family to gather at the Great Hall. This is one tough situation that every single one of us will be needed.

 

But it is precisely this what I am worried about. If everyone is needed for this, it is likely that abled Aristocraters, especially people with physical powers will be needed. Alicson… She is an Aristocrater and possesses physical powers too. I just recognize my soulmate, I do not wish any harm to come to her. But knowing her, I am sure she will not let me fight this battle without her.

 

I started to drag my feet towards the Great Hall with the rest when Jonghyun had returned to confirm that everyone has been informed. Along the way, I thought that I shall not allow Alicson to learn of this first. Perhaps this is the reason why Jaejoong hyung had initially intended to have that suicidal mission in his mind – to protect the people he loves without them coming to any harm.

 

Upon reaching the Great Hall, I was stun that all our soulmates and Amber are gathered too besides my brother, cousins and uncles. Aphrocy, Jaeny and even Alicson are here. I sighed knowing now that I could not hide this information from Alicson.

 

“We heard what happened,” Uncle Hyperion said with a look of distress.

 

Yunho hyung then explained the entire issue that had happened. From what the demon girl first told them till how they find things that had happened a coincidences, conveniently skipping out the part where Jaejoong hyung wanted to have a suicidal mission all by himself.

 

“We should find out more information from the demon girl. She seems to know if things are going to happen,” Changmin hyung suggested.

 

“You are right Changmin. You should go along with both Jaejoong and Yunho to obtain more information from the girl. Only after we get the information, we shall discuss on the next step to take. In the meantime, Yoochun, please delegate some trainings or patrolling shifts to the others” Father said with a troubled expression. If a patrolling squad is needed, the situation is really bad because from what I remembered, there has never been a patrolling squad since when we were born.

 

The three hyungs then proceeded to leave the Great Hall. Yoochun hyung had rounded the rest of us and started giving instructions.

 

“Junsu, you will continue to stay in contact with the Nymphs as well as the Wolf Pack. Once Changmin is done with his duties, he shall join you in it to obtain more information. Minho, you shall go to the nearby village that were attacked to check if there will be any more urgent help required. Key and Jonghyun, You shall just patrol around the town after school to see if anything comes up. I think that will be all.”

 

“What about Taemin and I?” I questioned seeing that only both of us were not delegated with any task. I am sure I do not want to be idling around while everyone else is doing something to contribute.

 

“You will stay at home after school ends with me,” Yoochung hyung replied as a matter of fact.

 

“But why?” Taemin pouted.

 

“You guys are still in recovering stages from overusing your powers. So it will be best that you guys stay home with me just in case if anything comes up anywhere, I could orb you guys to the location to help out too.”

 

“Is there anything that I can do to help?” Alicson suddenly inquired.

 

Oh no, not you!

 

Jaejoong’s POV

“Changmin, she is not an easy one,” Yunho told Changmin while we make our way to the cell which holds the demon girl. This girl have never been easy from the first day I met her.

 

“Come on hyung, you should know that I am no easy one as well!” Changmin rebutted.

 

“Fine. Let us just quickly get the information that we need. She might be more willing to provide us with more information now that it has been days since she has been captured.”

 

I hope Yunho is right. This growing issue is giving me a lot of tension and fears. I need to overcome this and have it resolved as soon as possible.

 

We reached the demon girl’s cell and saw her lying down with her back facing us.

 

“Ready to talk yet?” Yunho asked.

 

“….”

 

“Excuse me, but are you deaf or something? I can’t seems to hear any answers coming from you.” Changmin commented.

 

The demon girl turned and glared at us.

 

“Oh, I can see now that you are not deaf,” Changmin said sarcastically and continued, “how about you answering some of our questions? I am sure you are not a mute, right?”

 

The demon girl’s eyes seems to grow dark as she stood up and came closer to us, “What nerves. I am guessing that something had happened, if not you will not be kind enough to come for just a visit.”

 

“You are right. The reason why we are here now is that we recall you saying something about people going missing and people dying. Now it seems to be happening. Could you tell us why?” Yunho asked cautiously.

 

The demon girl laughed hysterically.

 

“What is so funny about people going missing or dying!?” I demanded. How is she even enjoying this?

 

“I am sorry. It is just that you guys are too naïve. I have said countless of times, let me go. If you had allowed me to leave, none of such things would have happened. At least not here.”

 

“Not here?”

 

“As I’ve told you, I am the daughter of Asmodeus. Asmodeus have given me with the powers I have now. So naturally, if I am gone, he will be able to track me just by the powers I possessed.”

 

“Can I just clarify one thing? You claim to be a child of the demon lord, but demons do not breed. So how are you a child of his?” Changmin questioned.

 

“That is because I have a worthless human father whom made a deal with Asmodeus in exchange for endless ual pleasures with young women and riches. Talking about men, men are so unreliable that they could even trade their daughters off! Little did that worthless human know that all the young ‘women’ whom Asmodeus sent were all Succubus,” she paused for a moment before continuing with a smirk, “spending a prolong period with Succubus deteriorates health or even causes death, which was what happened to him. Full of riches, but without a life to spend them.”

 

“This is why making deals with devil or demons will have nothing good coming out of it,” Yunho remarked.

 

So she was ‘trade off’? That would make her a human then.

 

“Back to the question, how can we stop this?” Changmin asked.

 

“Release me.”

 

“Out of the question.”

 

“Then you have just got to wait for more lives to be lost before considering this wonderful option again,” the demon girl said nonchalantly.

 

Changmin looked to me for help and I signal them to a corner for a further discussion.

 

“Releasing her isn’t going to work hyung. She could cause all kind of damages if she is let out,” Changmin stated.

 

“I understand, but what other options could we exercise now that there seems to be no other way to go around it? We can’t possibly protect every one every day around the clock.”

 

We were cracking our heads for a solution until Yunho speak, “We will do as what she says but with our own ways. Here is what I think …..”

 

After he was finished with his plans, both Changmin and I agreed that it is the best choice that we can go with in order to protect the people here and prove what she said was the truth.

 

Now to tell the rest of our family about the plan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------