Under the Moonlight

Thy Aristocraters (The start of a new era)

I nodded and turn around to make way to my room. I took out my phone and started typing away.

 

Me: Taemin. I'll be going tomorrow.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun's POV

 

"Hyung, have you seen Aphrocy?" Taemin ask.

 

"Nope. The last time I saw her, she told me that she is going to doll Jaeny up. And that was 2 hours ago."

 

"That long?" Taemin commented.

 

I nodded and sigh. Girls. But I am really glad that Jaeny have got friends now that she could talk to. She seems happier then before and that is good.

 

"Hey, hey! We are done with all the preparations. The party can start any moment now!" An excited Changmin came bouncing to us.

 

I smile seeing how much effort my brothers and cousins had put into this and somehow it makes me happy. I replied, "Well, I guess I'll go get her?"

 

"Alright hyung! Take your time a little, let Aphrocy and Amber join us first before coming back with Jaeny. We are going to throw confetti the moment she enters," Taemin reminded me.

 

"Note taken," I replied with a smile and orb away to the doorstep of Aphrocy's room.

 

I knocked on the door twice and ask, "Are you girls ready?"

 

"YESSSS! Hold onnnnnn!" A familiar voice shouted.

 

I heard the door unlocked and saw Amber, "Hey, you have gotta see how she look now!"

 

"Who?" I feigned ignorance, knowing full well that she was referring to Jaeny.

 

"Who else?" She replied and wiggled her eyebrows.

 

She slowly open the door widely and guide me towards her location. For some reason, I felt a little nervous. As we slowly approach them, I saw Aphrocy taking pictures of Jaeny sitted on the chair. Even from her backview cloth in that beautiful dark blue tube dress is beautiful enough for me.

 

"Oppa, you are here? Come here and accompany Jaeny for a moment!" Aphrocy exclaimed and left with Amber.

 

"O-oh. Sure."

 

I slowly walk towards her direction as she stood up and turn around to face me.

 

The moment I lay my eyes on her, it was as if the whole world stopped. She look so magnificent with those slight curls at the end of her hair, her beautiful midnight blue eyes which seems to have gotten even more mystifying with the help of eyeliner and silver glitter eyeshadows. Her skin so fair, it contrasted with the dark blue dress which hugs her body perfectly. God, how did you let someone so beautiful stay on earth instead of heaven?

 

"Erm.. Is something wrong?" Jaeny asked and wave her hands at me. Even her waving seems really attractive to me. What is it that this angel had done to me, to make me feel this way?

 

I felt my face slowly heated up as I replied, "Nothing. Just.. you look good."

 

"O-oh," She reverted and lower down her head while her face slowly turn red.

 

There were silence for a moment before she asked, "so, where are we going later?"

 

"It's a secret."

 

She nodded.

 

Another moment of awkward silence then follow. Why do we keep having such awkward moments? I then decided to break the silence, "so.. how is school recently?"

 

She looked up at me and her eyes shone brightly, "It was fantastic! I never knew I could have friends. They make schooling an awesome experience for me, something which I will never forget!"

 

"That is good to hear."

 

"What about you? What do you do usually since you are not schooling? You don't seems to be working either, right?"

 

I chuckled, "No. I finished school quite some time back. My job? I orb people around."

 

"Why do you need to orb people around for? Do you get paid for it?" She asked curiously.

 

"You can take my occpation as something like a cab driver, but a lot faster then one. I orb people to their destination. I orb my cousins to school, sometimes i orb my brother, Yunho, to treat other aristocraters."

 

"Other then orbing people around, don't you have a dream job?"

 

"I had one when I was young. I wanted to be a pianist." I smile and we continued talking for the next ten minutes.

 

".. maybe someday you might actually be a pianist." She said cheerfully.

 

"Maybe," I replied and continue, "wanna get going now?"

 

She nodded as I walk to her back and covered her eyes with both my hands, assuring her that it would be okay and that she do not have to worry.

 

I orbed to the entrance of the hall and saw the rest already in their position, readying to throw confetti. I guided Jaeny forward and on the count of three, I slowly removed my hands as the rest shouted a loud 'Happy Birthday' and started throwing colourful confetti all around her. Her eyes went wide as she did a little turn to look around her.

 

Jaeny suddenly grabbed my hand tightly and whisper to me, "Please walk with me, I am new to this and am very, very nervous now. I am afraid I would screw things up."

 

I chuckled a little when I saw her nervous smile, "Don't worry, Mr Yoochun is at your service."

 

We walk towards the rest and the party started. We ate, we talked, we sang and we dance till late in the evening. We sang her a birthday song together with a cake cutting session. She was so touched she cried, again. Such an innocent soul that is easily satisfied with all the little things.

 

After the party was over, I was tasked by everyone that was present to orb her home. Even if they didn't, I would have volunteered myself to do so. I have a little surprise for her which I didn't had the courage to do so in front of so many people back at home.

 

We reached the entrance of her little 'rundown' hut and decided to spend some time together by the lake. The full moon was especially big and bright tonight. There were silence between us, but this time it isn't awkward. I gaze at the lake and started thinking on how I should give her that little 'surprise' of mine.

 

Just as I had mastered enough courage to present it to her, she suddenly stood up and shouted, "I am very happy today! Can you hear me moon? Can you hear me lake? I have friends now and they showed me so much love, so much that I would not have known or understand if I didn't came here!"

 

"Huh? Moon? Lake? Who are you talking to?" I asked and wonder why is she always so randomly weird.

 

"The moon," she pointed to the moon and then to the lake, "and the lake. They were my friends before I met the rest of you. In the past when I have no one to talk to, I would sit here at this very spot and talk to them. The light that shone from the moon looks as if she was acknowledging me, the soft splashing and waves coming from the lake seems as though she was answering me. They always make me feel at ease."

 

She closed her eyes and told me to do the same. I followed as reqeusted and what happened was like magic.

 

The sound of the little waves that the lake was producing, the little breeze that seems to touch my face, insects whom seems to have rythem by themselves, creating music with their voice. Jaeny then start singing softly, blending in perfectly with the surroundings as if she had done it a lot of times with her beautiful voice.

 

I then heard a splash and I opened my eyes immediately. I saw Jaeny suddenly appearing in the middle of the lake. She seems to be enjoying the water even though she is drenched and I wonder how she could still look so beautiful.

 

And at that moment when I was so mesmerized by her beauty, the moon behind her seems to have shone even brighter. It shone so bright that it was as if Jaeny herself was shining and it was getting... brighter? What is this light emitting fr-..... Goodness.

 

She.. she is.... No. How could it be? Is she r-really?

 

I could not understand nor did I try to. I left the 'surprise' together with the note I prepared earlier at the spot that she sat previously and orb home immediately.

 

I need confirmation and I need it quick.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New updates! Trying to post a new chapter weekly. Still thinking about how long should this story be. 40 chapters? 60 chapters? Maybe I will have an answer after a few more chapters to see how things go. Comments and critics highly welcome!