The 'Almighty'

Thy Aristocraters (The start of a new era)

 

Minho nodded and dash off in the speed of light.

 

Where did these unidentifiable creatures came from and why does bad things never seems to stop happening to us?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key’s POV

 

Why did she save me? Why did she had to do that? I have never been kind to her, I have only doubted her and question her about being around us.

 

“Why didn’t anyone of you pick up your phones when we called!?” I shouted in anger as my voice echoed in the Great Hall.

 

Jonghyun tugged me on my hand and shake his head, not wanting me to continue. But how can I not? If they had pick up their phones earlier, none of these would have happened!

 

“There was a sudden attack at the neighboring village that we had to attend to. Many were injured and some were missing. We couldn’t just ignore them, some Aristocraters and allies were living there. Besides, we never predicted that an attack will be happening in Sacrosanct Town,” Changmin hyung said as a matter of fact.

 

“And I thought blood is thicker than water! We were in so much danger, I can’t believe you never prioritize your own family!” I rebutted, very unimpressed by the fact that what happens to me does not seems important to my own family members. How could he speak so calmly as if we are not that close?

 

“But we really were not expecting anything that could happen back home Key. Believe me, I was worried the moment I got to know about it,” Junsu Hyung continued while putting his hand on my shoulder, trying to get me to understand them.

 

I swatted off his hand, feeling more anger building up. If they have been here or if they could had come earlier, maybe we could have had a shot at not having anyone injured!

 

I was afraid the moment I first sense some powers nearby. It was unlike any power which I have sensed before. Not like when we first met Aphrocy and Amber, not like Seafood and not even the demon girl even I have never met any similar beings prior to them. Their powers were different, each of their powers had never felt this way though I still could not tell how their powers work just by sensing it.

 

The feeling.. it is very different. It have a dark feeling to it and it was so powerful, it felt as if it could really hurt someone as it came closer to us at the back alley. The worst part was that even my ice powers seems to be not working well on these creatures. I couldn’t even defend myself!

 

“Stop trying to give me some lame excuses! There is absolutely no way that I will ever do what you guys have done!”

 

Jaejoong hyung then decided to step in, “We came running as soon as we knew. Maybe only Minho ran but Chun and I orbed here as soon as we learnt about it. I was the one who instructed the rest to stay back at the village as there is no way we could drop everything and ignore people who are hurt.”

 

“Key you need to believe in us. I love you guys too much to want have anything bad to happen to you guys,” Junsu hyung started sobbing.

 

I felt a ‘pang’ in my heart when I saw Junsu hyung’s tears. But it is still a fact that someone still got injured! And it may have been prevented! For all my ‘almightiness’ and I couldn’t even hurt that creature.

 

Jonghyun suddenly hugged me. I tried to push him away but he only tighten his hug.

 

“Stop it before I use my powers on you Jonghyun, I am warning you.”

 

He loosen his hug a little and looked at me with concern filled eyes, “I know what you are thinking Key.”

 

“What!?”

 

“You are angry at yourself for not being able to do much even with your ice power. You are angry that while you blamed Jaeny all these while, she still sacrifice herself to get you away from harm. You know deep down that there was nothing that could have alerted us sooner before this problem strike. You are just looking for a reason to blame someone or something to get angry. Anger does not resolves confusion nor sad feelings Key.”

 

Upon hearing Jonghyun’s words, I broke down. Yes, I have always think that I am the mightiest one. I am even proud of having a physical ice power. Unique and powerful, that was what I have always think until these creatures appeared to prove me wrong. I have also always follow what my heart feels instead of my mind, to get rid of Jaeny was what I felt was right because I never believed in giving anyone chances. But she used her body as a shield when an attack was coming my way. She could have let it happened like I would have if she was the one being attacked. I have never been kind in my words nor my actions. I am not that ‘almighty’ afterall..

 

“Awww Key. You are still ‘Almighty’ in my eyes alright?” Jonghyun commented.

 

“Damn you, you sickening telepath!” I said with a smile as I try to recover from my tears. I need to change and I hope I still have time to make amends.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

“You shouldn’t be here Taemin, you should be resting. You exhausted yourself by overusing your powers, you need rest,” I said when I saw Taemin entering the guest room with Aphrocy.

 

“Nah hyung, I’ll be fine. I just want to check on Jaeny and Aae. I can’t rest well not knowing how they are doing,” Taemin replied while making his way towards us with Aphrocy supporting him.

 

“Jaeny is reacting well to the medicine I came up with. She is recovering fast. She will only need two or three days to be back as before with some more doses of the medicine. But as for the little girl…” I trailed off not knowing how to continue.

 

Taemin move towards the young girl and look at her carefully, “Any chances of recovery for her, hyung?”

 

I hesitated for a moment. She might have a chance but it seems slim. She isn’t reacting to my medicine and Chun couldn’t heal her. She was too badly injured that her pain is too much for her to take it.

 

“I am not sure at this point Taemin. But I will make a stronger dose of medicine and try. I will not give up just yet,” I reassured Taemin.

 

“Thanks hyung. I needed to know that.”

 

“Not to worry, Taemin, I will do my best. You should return to your room to rest now.”

 

Taemin was about to make his way out of the room but he turned around and face me, “Hyung, I’ve got a question. Do you know why they are bleeding black instead of red?”

 

I remembered when I first saw both Jaeny and the little girl, I was taken aback by how badly they were clawed. The claws were definitely huge and with three claws on each ‘hand’ judging from the size and space between each single claw mark. I took a look at Jaeny first and was puzzled by black colored blood from the claw mark. I wondered for a moment if sirens’ blood are all black. But it was only after I took a look at the little girl whom Minho had told me was an Aristocrater that I realized that perhaps sirens do not bleed black.

 

“I believe they are poison.”

 

“Poison?” A deep voice asked.

 

I was shocked by the man’s baritone voice that suddenly appeared, “Yes, Yoochun. Our blood are red in color, however if poison comes into contact it could turn black.”

 

“But where did the poison come from?”

 

“My best guess is that the claws of the creatures you guys were talking about excretes poison just like snakes, which instead of fangs, their poison comes from their claws.”

 

I saw them nodded before I changed the topic, “Any luck finding Aae’s little brother yet?”

 

A cramp formed between Yoochun’s black eyebrows, “Nope. But Junsu and Minho are still searching. I came back to just check on Jaeny’s progress before I resume my search.”

 

“Oppa, Yunho oppa says that Jaeny is doing really well and she just need a couple of days to return to normal,” Aphrocy replied.

 

Oppa? This is the first time I hear her calling me ‘oppa’ even if it was to someone else. I felt my face heating up a little and my heart thumping a little faster at the sudden addressing of ‘oppa’.

 

“That is great! Oh, and is there any news from Changmin yet?” Yoochun continued.

 

“No. Have not seen him since he returned home. Must be still trying to find out more information as to what had happened.”

 

“What about Jaejoong hyung?”

 

I sighed and shook my head.

 

Yoochun nodded and ask of us to take care of Jaeny before orbing away. Taemin had also left the room with Aprhocy and I started to work on an even stronger cure.

 

While in the process of making a stronger cure, something came to my mind and I find it too much of a coincidence to wipe it off.

 

I got to have a talk with Jae after this.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ideas kept popping up in my head, hence 2 updates in 2 days! Hoping to have more soon!