Hang by a thread

Thy Aristocraters (The start of a new era)

"Hyung! Please, don't go. Don't leave us!" Jonghyun continued as he sobbed.

 

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes. I am afraid to lose Onew. I can't imagine if he really .... No, no! Onew will not die. He will not.. he will never! Not because of this girl, not because of us, not because of ... me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoochun's POV

 

No.. This can't be.. This can't be happening.

 

I stood beside a motionless Onew lying on his bed, regretting very much on why did I even approach any of them for help in the first place. I shouldn't have even went to Jaejoong hyung. I should have just waited. What is the point if I had to lose a family member just to confirm who is my soul mate!? I am such a stupid person. I caused all of this, I caused Onew to become like... this.

 

"Onew, please.. Please wake up!" Alicson, Onew's personal maid, cried while kneeling on the floor beside him, "Please Onew, you can't die."

 

"I am sorry.. I-I caused this to happen," Yunho hyung said. But if it wasn't for me, none of this would have happened.

 

"It's not anyone's fault, we need to get Onew better," Minho commented.

 

"But how? Yoochun hyung's power are not even working like they usually do, so what should we do?" Taemin asked.

 

I have always been able to heal most aristocraters without any problem. But I do not know why, why did my powers have to fail me especially at this point of time when everything started from me.

 

"I am useless! I caused this and I can't even fix it. I am someone with a stupid power that fails me at such an important time!" I vented my emotions and blame myself for being so useless.

 

"Don't Yoochun. Don't blame yourself," Junsu replied as he gave me a hug.

 

I couldn't control my overwhelming emotions that I broke down in tears. I am lost. I don't know what to do. I can't change anything. If I could, I would rather be the one lying down there. Why did Onew have to be the one?

 

I then felt someone else hugging me and I opened up my eyes. I saw the rest of my brothers and cousins all huddle up together, trying to control their tears and sadness.

 

"My son, you are strong, you can get through this, I know you can," Uncle Hyperion asserted.

 

"King Hyperion, please do something. Please save your son, I can't lose him. I can't lose my soul mate! Not when he have yet to know about it!" Alicson sobbed and went down on her knees to beg Uncle Hyperion.

 

Soulmate? Alicson is saying that Onew is his soulmate?

 

"So-soulmate?" Key choked.

 

"Please King Hyperion, Prince Coeus, p-please save Onew. I do not want to l-lose him, he don't even know that he is my soulmate. I-i want to be able to tell him that myself," Alicson continued pleading, ignoring Key's question.

 

So in trying to confirm who my soulmate is, I caused someone else to lose their soulmate? And that person is my own family member, my precious cousin whom tried to help in the mistake that I've created. I am the worst person there can ever be. I have indirectly killed my own cousin.

 

"Just wait for Jaejoong to be back with the herbs. I promise I will try my best to make the best potion ever to cure Onew, I will rectify the mistake I've done." Yunho hyung tried.

 

"Let us all return to our room and calm down a little first. I know that all of you are worried for Onew, but I need you boys to be strong, we still have a demon girl to deal with." Uncle Coeus broke the silence.

 

"I am not leaving Onew, not yet. I want to be there when he wakes up," Alicson said softly.

 

We all then left Onew's room and while making our way to our individual rooms I asked Yunho, "Hyung, will Onew be alright after he takes your potion?"

 

"Trust me Yoochun. You have been out with me on countless occassions trying to heal and cure other Aristocraters. I am sure of myself and I hope that you will too." Yunho hyung tried to convince me.

 

"There you are Yunho!" A voice shouted.

 

We turn to see Jaejoong hyung running towards us carrying a brown box in his hands, "there, the herbs you need."

 

"Thank you Jae! l'll go to my lab first, we got a potion to make and a life to save!" Yunho hyung exclaimed and took the box from Jaejoong hyung before rushing off.

 

I stood by the same spot not moving. Just what have I done?

 

Taemin's POV

 

Two days had past since Onew had fainted. Yunho hyung had been in his lab for the past two days trying to work out the best potion for Onew. Yoochun hyung has been locking himself up, refusing to come out or eat anything. Junsu hyung has been crying every now and then. Jaejoong hyung had also taken Yoochun hyung's place and accompanied the rest of us to school by vehicle.

 

Things seems so different at home now. A home once filled with laughters and arguments are now replaced with sadness and anger. I wished Onew would wake up, I really want him to get better.

 

"Erm, Taemin? Can I ask you something?" Jaeny asked, suddenly breaking my train of thoughts. Right, we are currently on our break time.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I was wondering.. if you know what Yoochun has been up to lately? I tried contacting him and I couldn't reach him," Jaeny said and started to blush slightly.

 

"Hyung is just.." I am not even sure if I should tell her what had happened.

 

"Just?" Jaeny asked again.

 

"Just.. kinda caught up in a situation whereby he needs time by himself to figure things out.

 

"So is he alright?"

 

"I am not really sure Jaeny."

 

Silence then took over as the all of us continued with our lunch before heading back to our classes.

 

Hours seems to have pass by really slowly. School had finally ended. I was waiting for the rest to arrive before we proceed home. Key arrived and informed me that Aphrocy and Amber will not be coming along with us. I felt puzzled but decided to just head home to see if Onew had any improvements. I am dreading every single day that is passing by when Onew is still lying on his bed.

 

As the car is moving, Minho suddenly spoke, "Jaejoong hyung said he is going to question the demon girl today."

 

Key replied in anger, "It is all that demon girl's fault now that our Onew is lying on his bed not even waking! I so wanna to skin her alive so badly and cook her so that I can serve her meat to Onew!"

 

I continued to keep my silence. No matter what anyone of us says now are pointless, they can't help Onew recover. I hope I will never lose Onew..

 

Jaejoong's POV

 

What should I ask when I see her? She is not going to be easy to handle. What should I do to her if she chose not to speak? What if she really is Yunho's soulmate? All these 'what ifs' flooded my mind as I am making way to the underground cell. My mission today is to get some information out of this demonic girl and try to find ways to send her home.

 

I had just left Onew's room. He isn't any better and this is making me feel worst. I am not even sure if I could handle that demon's problem properly. Maybe I should speak to Uncle Hyperion and Uncle Coeus so that they can find a better candidate to handle this situation.

 

My train of thoughts came to a halt when I bump into someone and fell. I lift up my head to look at the person standing in front of me - Yunho. He extended his hands to pull me up.

 

"Sorry Jae, I wasn't really looking," he said.

 

"Nah. It's fine, I wasn't looking too." I admitted.

 

"Something on your mind?" he asked.

 

Should I tell him? But what if he goes too lenient with that demon girl just because she might be his soulmate? But the one hurt now is Onew, our cousin. I pondered for a moment before shaking my head.

 

Yunho nodded and turned to walk away, I looked at his back view and  think again that maybe I should just talk to Yunho. Afterall, Yunho is the one I go to whenever I need someone to talk to, he might have a good idea on what I could do. I could just decide after talking to him. He always makes me feel better after a talk.

 

"Yunho, I need someone to talk to. You free?" I finally said.

 

Yunho nodded and gave a small smile.

 

I explained to Yunho about what I am suppose to do with the demonic girl. Yunho had also agreed that it will be difficult to deal with the likes of her and end up decided to go along with me to see if he could help in anyway.

 

As we make our way inside the underground prison, we heard something strange coming from the cell of the demon girl.

 

"I need to find my way home.. I need to find you, mom....."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the lack of updates (If anyone still reads this). I have never thought of giving up on this story even though I don't have much readers. I didn't have a chance to use the computer to update this story since the last one spoilt. The only time I manage to use a computer was when I was at work ): Mian ~