Answers to the Question.

Thy Aristocraters (The start of a new era)

Everyone stop what they were doing for a second, except Onew who was wolfing down almost the whole of the roasted chicken, and looked at Uncle Hyperior with a confused look.

 

“Taemin, you got to listen carefully to what we will be saying. Boys, you should all listen too as you might discover something or it may help you. Aphrocy and Amber, please do not panic.” Father added with the side of his lips curved up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taemin’s Pov

The time now is 3.45 am. I am still wide awake. I have been tossing and turning in my white and comfortable bed ever since I returned from dinner. Plenty of thoughts ran through my mind. I feel so confused and do not know what I can do.

 

How can I fall asleep after what Uncle Coeus and father told us. I mean, how can this be? Is it really possible? But father and Uncle Coeus have no reasons to lie to me, right? Anyhow, the main point is how do I face Aphrocy now? We just got a little more comfortable with each other over these 2 days and now this have to happen. I can still remember her shock expression from dinner. Aish..

 

- Flashback -

“Taemin, you got to listen carefully to what we will be saying. Boys, you should all listen too as you might discover something or it may help you. Aphrocy and Amber, please do not panic.” Uncle Coeus said smiling. He is smiling, so it is a good thing right?

 

 

Everyone stop what they were doing and turned to look at Uncle Coeus and father, except for Onew hyung having his roasted chicken and paying no attention to anything that happens. But what is it? Is it something bad? Did I make any mistakes? More importantly, why did Uncle Coeus asked the girls not to panic?

 

 

“What is it?” Jaejoong hyung asked with a constant cramp in between his brown eyebrows.

 

 

“Yea. What is it about?” Key added with a look full of curiosity.

 

 

“Omo, this is getting exciting! Right Yoochunnie?” Junsu hyung exclaimed while showing all his pearl white teeth.

 

 

Yoochun hyung placed his index finger on his lips to get Junsu hyung to contain his excitement. I mentally rolled my eyes. Junsu hyung totally don’t act he’s age at all, and I mean all the time.

 

 

I saw Amber and Aphrocy whispering to each other and also gave confused looks. I was about to ask Father and Uncle Coeus to spill the beans when Jonghyun suddenly asked Uncle Coeus excitedly, “IS IT TRUE FATHER!?”

 

 

“Jonghyun, how many times do I have to tell you not to invade into other’s thoughts?” Uncle Coeus said and continued, “And it’s true.” Huh!? What's true? Tell me, tell me, tell me!

 

 

Jonghyun dropped his mouth wide open, he turned to look at Aphrocy and back to me and pointed his finger at me. Jonghyun then ran towards me to hug me and exclaimed, “OMO! CONGRATULATIONS TAEM BABY! I DIDN’T KNOW! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!”

 

 

Surprised and puzzled by Jonghyun’s reaction, I froze on the spot where he hugged me. This got me even more curious to know what is going on now! He congratulated me, so it must mean it’s a good thing right? I need to find out right now.

 

 

“Yah! Share the news Jonggie!” Junsu hyung pouted. But Jonghyun was too busy spazzing by himself that he could hardly pay attention to someone else.

 

 

Father then let out a little cough to grab our attention. The hall was once again filled with silence and he continued, “Taemin, the light you see coming from Aphrocy indicates that Aphrocy is your soul mate.” Soulmate... S-SOULMATEEEEEEEE!? MY SOULMATE!?!?!? SHE!? APHROCHY?!

 

 

“H-how!?” I blurted out, not knowing what to say or ask.

 

 

“Do you remember what I told the all of you? I said that once you feel love, your spiritual eye will be open and then you will be able to identify your soul mate. And that light, my son, indicates that she is your soul mate!”

 

 

“What.. H-how? Whaaaat!?”, I was shocked by father’s words. I wanted to talk and ask, but no words came out of my mouth. I can’t believe it! You mean that I actually have already met my soul mate without knowing she is and that person is Aphrocy!?

 

 

I heard Onew choked on hi chicken, a few of them gasp and some of had their eyes wide open. Amber was frozen on her seat with her spoon full of rice right in front of and Aphrocy was.. I don’t know, maybe overwhelmed?

 

 

Uncle Coeus let out a chuckle while father just smiled at us. Aphrocy, whom recovered from her shock quickly, suddenly stood up from the dining table and excused herself. Amber follow suit and apologised before heading off towards Aphrocy’s direction.

 

 

“Cuzz you are sucha idiot! What kind of reaction was that? Making your soul mate stomped off in anger when she just realised that she is your soul mate. How wonderful.” Key said sacarstically.

 

 

“I-i.. I didn’t.. I.” I stuttered, unable to finish my sentence. Is Aphrocy really my soulmate!?

 

 

“I am sure she will forgive you Taemin ah, don’t worry okay! Hyung will help you!” Junsu hyung told me cheerfully while patting my back.

 

 

“F-father. Is that.. I-is t-t-that really true? I mean h-her. M-my sou-l-l..” I stuttered again, unable to finish my sentence again.

 

 

“Yes it is Taemin.” Father answered with his lips slightly curved up. So.. I finally found the love of my life?

 

 

“Congratulations Taemin ah!” Onew told me happily.

 

 

Jaejoong hyung then asked, “But Taemin said that the light is fading whenever he looks at her. Does that mean that she will eventually not become he’s soul mate once the light vanishes?”

 

 

Oh no! I want her as my soul mate! I hope the light don’t go off. I mean, I like her. I am not sure if we can work out together. But I really do like her, I am willing to try. But is she really angry? I mean she stop eating and walked out of the hall. That is bad.

 

 

“No Jaejoong. The light slowly fades when your soul mate is falling in love with you. It totally disappears once she accepts the fact that she is your soul mate.” Uncle Coeus answered.

 

 

“Light fades.. When she is falling in love with you. So that means..” Minho thought out loud.

 

 

“She is falling in love with you!” Junsu hyung and Jonghyun chorused together in a high pitched tone excitedly.

 

 

She is falling in love, with me? Really?

 

 

“Awwwwww ~ I am so proud of you baby!” Jonghyun cooed.

 

 

Still unable to recover from my shock, I just nodded. Many thoughts went through my mind. What if she doesn’t like me? What if she is really angry with my reaction like what Key said? What if she doesn’t want to be my soul mate? Will she move away? There are so many questions that I have no answers to.

 

 

Father came towards me and gave a pat on my shoulder, “Not to worry son, she just needs a little time to absorb this information. I am sure she is just as confused as you are now. Give her some space. You don’t have to date her now or marry her now. Let nature take its course.”

 

 

“Let’s continue on with our dinner then,” Uncle Coeus said.

 

 

“I would like to take a rest for now, is it okay if I skip dinner?” I announced.

 

 

Key then scoffed, “Why cuzz? Too much for you to handle?”

 

 

I glared at him then turned to look at father. “Sure you can, go on son,” Father said and gave a little nod.

 

- End of flashback –

 

 

I sat up on my bed and sighed in frustration. All these is so foreign to me, I don’t know how to handle this. What should I do? Should I talk to Aphrocy? Or maybe I should just wait a few days later?

 

 

My stomach suddenly growled. That’s when I realised that I had only a few spoons full of food during dinner time. I should stop thinking and go get some food. I will think about this after satisfying my hunger.

 

 

I put on my white sleeveless shirt and slowly creaked open my wooden door in order not to wake anyone up. As I was starting to make my way towards the kitchen, I spotted a figure standing by the railings at the end of the corridor. Who is that over there? Maybe i should go take a look.

 

 

I walked towards the slender figure as silently as possible. The figure had its back facing me, so I couldn’t distinguished who it was. It was only a few meters away then I realised that it was Aphrocy. Maybe it will be a bad time to approach her now, what if she freaks out?

 

 

I contemplated for a while then decided to turn around and walk away. However, my plan failed when I accidentally tripped on the way.

 

 

“Tae-Taemin?” I heard her beautiful voice called out softly.

 

 

I turned around and gave a nervous laugh and scratched the back of my head, “Y-yes. It’s me.”

 

 

She gave me a faint smile and turned back to face the sky. I walked towards her and stood by her side. I took a glance at her. She was looking up at the moon and the stars above. There is something about Aphrocy that makes her so senselessly beautiful and attractive in my eyes. The moonlight that hits her makes her fair skin shone a little, her huge doe eyes were glistening, and her pink ,pouty lips were slightly opened. She is so beautiful. Her beauty is beyond imagination. I make a mental note that if one day she becomes mine, I will never let her watch the moon with another guy.

 

 

“So.. what are you doing out here in the middle of the night?” I asked while looking at her.

 

 

“I can’t sleep. Not after the dinner..” She replied, still looking up at the sky.

 

 

I don’t want us to become strangers after this. I mean soul mates or not, I still like her. I am not going to let this be the cause of the destruction of our friendship. I thought for a little while and said, “Look Aphrocy, I hope we will not become awkward after this. We do not have to be together if you do not want to, nobody will force you.” I tried to assured her, giving her the best smile I can.

 

 

“I know Taemin.” She answered and turned to look at me and continued softly after a few moments of silence, “I think I like you.”

 

 

Did she just say that she like me? My thoughts raced like crazy; I think plenty of my brain cells actually died. “I-i like you too,” I told her stuttering. Why do I keep stuttering today? Her eyes suddenly grew wide and froze on her spot. She then started blushing. Why is she this shocked?

 

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” I inquired while looking at her intently.

 

 

“D-did I thought that.. o-out loud?” She asked and finally faced me. Her face started flushing from pink to crimson red. Why is she looking at my arms? Is there something on my arms?

 

 

I let out a little chuckled and answered her, “Yes you did.”

 

 

We look into each other’s eyes for a moment and out of a sudden, the sound of a door flung opened and Jonghyun’s head popped out. I immediately switch my gaze from Aphrocy and look at Jonghyun, “Yes hyung?”

 

 

“Will you two keep your thoughts down? Some telepath is trying to sleep you know? You two were practically screaming your thoughts!” Jonghyun said loudly with a tired face.

 

 

My face heated up upon hearing that. “Sorry hyung, I didn’t mean to disturb you.”

 

 

“I am sorry too.” Aphrocy bowed and told him.

 

 

“GEEZ! PEOPLE IT’S ONLY 4.56 AM IN THE MORNING! TAKE YOUR CONVERSATION ELSE WHERE!” Came a yell from Key’s room.

 

 

I heard another door opened and out came Onew with groggy face, “Why are the 3 of you still awake? What is with the shouting?”

 

 

“Sorr-“ I intended to apologised but Key yelled again, “SHUT IT PEOPLE! DAMN IT. JUST FCUKING GO TO SLEEP YOU DIMWITS!”

 

 

I pulled Aphrocy by her right hand, bowed towards my hyungs and mouthed a sorry to them before walking away quickly. I heard giggling coming from Aphrocy as I slow down my pace when we were quite far away from the whole stretch of rooms.

 

 

I then realised that I was still holding onto Aphrocy’s hands. I let go of her hand and kept my head down slightly, “I am sorry, I didn’t realize.”

 

 

“It’s okay Taemin.” She replied while looking onto the ground. Then silence came again. I was trying to think of ways to have a little chat with her but I just can’t think of anything. Aish! Taemin, think think think! You gotta think harder!

 

 

“Erm, Taemin?” I heard Aphrocy called.

 

 

“Ye-es?” I answered, breaking away from my chain of thoughts.

 

 

“Let’s take things as it comes okay? For now let’s try to know more about one another and be comfortable, alright?” She said with a smile.

 

 

“That will be great!” I blurted out feeling elated that she is not angry or does not hate me. “I-I mean I am happy that you still want me as a friend for now. Let’s try and make things work out together.”

 

 

She let out a giggle and suddenly I heard something growled. Wait, it isn’t my stomach. Is it coming from Aphrocy? She is hungry just like me! Kekeke ~

 

 

She blushed slightly and I laughed. She’s so adorable when she is embarrassed.

 

 

“Y-yah! I was hungry because I was too shock to finish my dinner just now!” She exclaimed.

 

 

“I was hungry too,” I said while trying to hold in my laughter, “but after seeing you like this, my laughter filled my stomach up!”

 

 

She hit me lightly on my shoulder and pouted. She is so cute when she is mad. I started to stand up and pulled her along with me.

 

 

“Where are we going now?” She asked, her face filled with curiosity.

 

 

“To the kitchen and get food for your poor, neglected tummy here.” I cooed and patted lightly at her stomach.

 

 

I saw her look away, probably still feeling embarrassed. I am glad that at least now, we are still friends. Who knows if we might eventually work out and become partners someday. I sure hope so.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new update, personally like this chapter a lot! Comments and critics are highly welcome ~