I Like You

Never Meant to Be

“You are always in your own world these days.” Hoya pointed out.

“Have you ever felt like you are in love?” Woohyun asked with a blissful smile.

“Are you going crazy?” Dongwoo placed his hand on Woohyun’s forehead.

Woohyun snapped out of his thoughts and slapped Dongwoo’s hand away.

“Seems like the player has finally found his girl?” Sungyeol joked.

“What player? Hello~ I put my 101% efforts in all my relationships, okay? It’s just that they are not destiny after all.” Woohyun said.

“So who is the lucky girl?” Dongwoo asked.

“Secret.” Woohyun placed his finger to his lips and said.

“Chey!” All of them chorused and waved their hands in the air.

L laughed along with the rest and was equally curious as to who that secretive girl was.

 

After school…

Woohyun placed his hands in his pocket as he looked around nervously. This was one of the few times he felt that way. It had been some time since he felt so insecure and unconfident. He was going to confess to the girl. The girl who smiles so sweetly and attracts him even when he was standing miles away. He wondered if she would accept him.

“Sang Soojin.” He called out before walking over coolly.

She was alone and that fact made Woohyun feel a little better. He looked down for a moment before looking up at her sincerely.

“I…I like you. Would you go out with me?” he asked.

It was his usual line but somehow it took him some efforts to say it to her. He had observed her for quite some time and had finally mustered up all his courage to ask her out. He was 99% sure that she would accept him. After all, he is a kingka in school and she is part of the school and ought to be well aware of that.

“Nope.” She answered without a second thought.

Her reply caught Woohyun by surprise.

“Why?” he asked with a forced smile.

“Because a guy like you is just a player.” She said.

“What?” Woohyun asked even though he heard her clearly.

Deep inside, he was hoping he had heard wrongly and she was not going to say anything else. However, he was wrong, yet again.

“To be exact, a player who have broken countless hearts. I don’t know why and how I became your next target but I don’t want to be part of your record. And what’s more? I am in Class A while you are in Class F for your information. I don’t exactly like guys who are dumber than me so if you don’t mind, excuse me.” She said with a y smile and was about to walk off.

“Stop right there.” Woohyun commanded.

“So what if you’re from the A class? Don’t act like you are almighty and high up there because to me, you are nothing but a heartless .” He cocked his head to the side and snapped.

“Oh really? Then why did you confess to me?” she asked with a smirk.

“Be-Because it was a bet.” Woohyun lied as he felt his heart ache a little.

“A handsome face with an empty brain is not my type.” She said.

“A pretty face with an ugly heart is not my type too.” He fired back.

Soojin glared at Woohyun furiously before stomping off. Woohyun stood there, not moving an inch. He was rejected. Even after she left, her words still pricked at his heart a little.

“Hey Woohyun. I am bored. Want to grab a drink?” L offered.

“Oh. What a coincidence. Let’s go then!” Woohyun tried his best to act normal.

The two boys entered the club and immediately attracted the attention of the single ladies. Some of the girls approached them but was frightened away by L’s deadly glare and Woohyun who was acting out of his normal self. They started drinking and Woohyun was practically trying to get himself drunk as soon as possible.

“I don’t understand.” He said as he downed his drink in one shot.

“I don’t understand too.” L replied, shaking his head.

“Does it really matter if you’re in the A or F class?” he questioned in his mind.

“But L… You seldom come to the club. What’s the occasion today?” Woohyun stopped drinking and asked L with a raised brow.

“Because I feel like it.” L answered simply.

He wanted to protect the pride of his best friend even if there was little left for the day.

“You know, you are really a weird friend. But I like you.” Woohyun said and laughed at his own statement.

“I like you…” He repeated his own words and laughed again.

“You’re getting tipsy, Woohyun.” L warned.

“It’s okay. After tonight, I will be the Woohyun sought after by girls and not the other way round.” He muttered incoherently.

“Alright then. Drink up, bro.” L said as he passed one of the glasses to Woohyun.

‘I like you’ are three simple words that carry a heavy meaning. Some people say it so casually, some people never say it till the end while others say it and get rejected. There are many possibilities to those 3 words.

“We should go home already.” L said to Woohyun who was laying his head on the bar top.

Myungsoo shook his head and paid the bar tender for the drinks of the night. With that, he picked Woohyun up from the by slinging his arm around his neck. Myungsoo supported him carefully as he staggered his way out of the club. Hailing a cab, Myungsoo pushed Woohyun into the taxi and told the cab driver the directions before paying in advance. With that, he waved to the half-awake Woohyun whose eyes were smaller than ever.

 

 

“You’re late.” Woohyun said to L.

“Same to you.” Myungsoo replied.

“Thank you for last night.” He said with a grateful smile.

“You’re welcome and I think you should wipe that thankful smile off your face. It doesn’t suit you and this conversation is getting so mushy!” Myungsoo said and they both laughed.

“Yah! Yah! You are supposed to say something along the line of “What are friends for?” !” Woohyun joked.

“YAH! The two of you are late and still talking so much?!” The teacher walked over with a long ruler in his hand and shouted at them.

The two of them turned silent and looked down on the ground quickly. They bowed a little to show that they were apologetic. However, in their minds, they couldn’t wait to get to their classrooms. They were missing their tables which were going to serve as their temporary pillows. It seemed like the morning hangover turned out to be quite horrible for both of them.  

 

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
YAY! 'Never Meant to Be' has exceeded 1000 views~ :DD
Thanks for your support, dearies <3!
Hope you like this chapter(: .
Don't forget to comment before leaving. 
*coughs* *coughts* Some MinheexMyungsoo moments will be coming up next chapter. ^^
Anticipate! :) 
Goodnight~