Official

Never Meant to Be

There was a frantic rush among the student body and teachers. A large group surrounded in a distorted circle at the centre of the indoor stadium. Some were cheering while others were busy flashing their phone cameras. Those who are afraid of trouble stood further from the hot zone, just in case. Two boys were exchanging blows ferociously as if they were in a duel.

Hoya and Joo Yoon rolled around as they tugged at each other’s collar roughly. Their faces were evident of bruises and small cuts from all the shoving and punches. However, the fight merely got more and more heated with all the taunting and vulgarities hurled.

“Hoya, stop! The teachers are here!” Myungsoo shouted as he tried to break the fight.

Hoya was an enraged monster at the moment. He was not the type to outburst unless the person really got on his nerves. The other boys were trying hard to separate the two. Hoya’s fist landed on Myungsoo’s chin by accident, causing him to tumble backwards and onto the ground. He spat the small volume blood on the floor and rolled his eyes in irritation.

“Lee Howon! Kim Joo Yoon! Stop right away!” The discipline master shouted.

The two ceased in actions but were still glaring at one another, still holding onto the other party.

“I’m ordering you to stop! Do you hear me?!” He yelled like an angry father.

Hoya his cheeks in before releasing the bruised boy forcefully. Hatred was obvious in his eyes and defiance was written on both of their faces. It was said that the F class students were in physical education lesson with the boys competing in the game of basketball and girls sitting around, gossiping. Everything was peaceful until the other group with Joo Yoon as the leader kept playing foul.

Hoya hated foul plays in sports, breaching the idea of sportsmanship. When he finally couldn’t take it, he eventually spoke up against the group. Joo Yoon’s group was not at all ashamed of their acts and acted with hostility. He began by shoving Hoya on his chest and shouting at him for being a sore loser. To aggravate the situation, he even threw the basketball in Hoya’s face when challenged thus, the fight broke out.

“You’re seeing me in detention tomorrow, understood?” he questioned, pointing his finger at Hoya who refused to answer.

Hoya remained silent and looked away.

“Your parents are meeting me if you keep this up!” The discipline master warned.

“What if I have no parents?” Hoya spat bitterly.

There was a deafening silence in the stadium.

“Whatever the case, both of you are attending detention. Now, follow me to the discipline room.” He ordered and the two trailed behind him reluctantly.

“Bastard.” Woohyun cursed as he saw Hoya leave with the teacher.

“You okay?” Sungyeol asked as he looked to L.

L blew out some air in annoyance, messing up his hair a little.

“The rest of you go back to class right away!” Some teacher shouted at the students.

Everyone slowly dispersed as the teacher ushered them from behind.

“I’ll go to the infirmary.” Myungsoo informed.

“Need me to go with you?” Sungyeol asked.

“I’m not gay, bro.” L smirked and Sungyeol made a face.

“Yah. I was just being concerned as your best friend.” He responded.

L wiped the blood off his chapped lips and walked away, not forgetting to wave Sungyeol goodbye.

On his way to the infirmary, L spotted someone familiar when he glanced sideway.

“Small world.”

He caught her attention. Minhee jumped back a little as she hugged her book tightly to her chest. Looking up, she realized it was him. Indeed, the world was quite small. She studied his face and realized something amiss.

“Y-You are injured.” She pointed out blankly.

Myungsoo smiled despite the pain when he saw her brows knitted together.

“You are concerned about me.” He said with a knowing smirk.

She averted his gaze nervously and she could already feel her disobedient heart pounding against her ribs.

“Y-You should get going to the infirmary.” She stuttered a little and was about to leave.

Myungsoo gripped her thin wrist, preventing her from taking another step.

“I’m still waiting for your answer.” Myungsoo spoke in uncertainty.

He observed her reaction closely from the corner of his eyes.  

She gulped down her saliva and bit her inner cheek. Butterflies were flapping about in her stomach.

“Can I know what is on your mind?” he asked firmly, turning her to face him.

Minhee took her hand out of his awkwardly.

She inhaled deeply, “Are you serious about saying ‘you like me’?”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes in disbelief and clucked his tongue.

“You thought I was merely playing around?” he scoffed.

“No, I didn’t mean it that way. I-I am just unsure.” She said.

“About you and about my feelings.” She whispered the last bit.

Myungsoo stepped forward and closed the comfortable distance between the two. Minhee hurriedly backed away and dropped her book in shock. Myungsoo stepped forward once more but this time, he extended his hand. Throwing his arm around her in a swift movement, he pulled her in for a gentle hug. Minhee froze at his actions but did not move an inch. Although her body couldn’t respond, her heart was reacting rather furiously. She could feel a thumping momentum against her too. It belonged to him.

Time seemed to freeze for the two who were hugging at the corridor. It would have been funny if some teacher popped out of nowhere. At that moment, they could only hear each other’s breathing and feel each other’s heartbeat. It was a moment for the two and only the two. No one and nothing else mattered because things were beginning to clear in their hazy minds. Myungsoo inhaled her hair scent and noticed she was still using the same brand as before. He felt like a stalker.

“I think I’ve gotten your answer.” He whispered into her ears, feeling her evident heartbeat.

Her racing heart was all he needed to prove himself right. Myungsoo was glad. No risk, no gain, he thought. Minhee felt his lips graze her ears and she flinched a little. Myungsoo smirked at her shyness as her ears turned redder and redder. Releasing her, he smiled at her dazed state.

“I-I didn’t answer you.” She said nervously with a voice on the verge of cracking.  

“You are always looking at me. Just like… yesterday in the cafeteria.”

 “He knew?!” she questioned and cursed herself mentally.

“You cared about me when I’m injured.”

“Oh. And your heart was beating wildly when we hugged.”

“But you’re telling me you don’t like me? Interesting.” Myungsoo said victoriously with his hands in his pockets.

He had nothing to fear now, knowing her feelings too. He probably had never felt this confident in his life before. He thought it was his proudest achievement to have won her heart secretly. She blushed madly at his words and looked down out of embarrassment.

 “I-I got to go.” She said and bent down to pick her textbook.

Myungsoo took her hand and she looked up in surprise. Their eyes met.

“Listen. I like you, I really do. So let’s be official and cut this wild goose chase already. Please, Yoon Minhee.” Myungsoo pleaded with sincere eyes.

She said nothing and he concluded, “Silence means consent.”

She opened to say something.

“I’m going to kiss you if you say a second word.” Myungsoo threatened as he came closer to her face.

She could feel his breathing against her face so she shut almost immediately. She could imagine him smirking behind her closed eye lids.

“Good girl.” He praised with a wink that made her heart beat double up.

“Or should I say girlfriend?” he pondered about the substitute of word seriously.

“Is this for real? I’m was still not ready yet and out of a sudden, we are official already?!” Minhee thought in her mind.

“Aren’t you running late for class?” Myungsoo asked as he picked her book up and dusted it for her.

“H-Huh? Oh .” Minhee jumped when she realized she was late meeting the rest.

“I’ll pick you up after school.” Myungsoo suggested and handed her the book.

“It’s oka-“She tried to refuse.

“I insist.” He cut in.

“Hmmm…Meet you at the bicycle stand after school. Pay attention in class~” Myungsoo said before walking off with his hands in his pockets.

A satisfied smile crept up Myungsoo’s face and he couldn’t feel the pain on his lips anymore.

“Who cares about the infirmary?” he thought.

 

Author's Note:
Hello peeps!
Did I manage to surprise you guys? (X Haha...I bet most of you thought it would be the kid couple becoming official from my last chapter's hint :P. Gah. I'm getting super busy, especially next week. D: Sigh.
Uhm, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter and hurray!! MyungsooxMinhee couple has officially formed. <3
Just giving you guys a headstart that this story would most probably not be ending soon because I still have things planned out for this one. (X Kekeke~
Anyways, please don't forget to leave me a comment, alright? ^^
Love you and goodnight~ I'm off to sleep XD.
ps. A big thank you hug given out to all readers because 'Never Meant to Be' has exceeded 2000 views and 70 subscribers. (: