Celebration

Never Meant to Be

“Fighting! It’s our last paper! Good luck peeps!” Jieun said to the group.

“”Yea, good luck to all of us!” Min Hee said with a smile.

“All the best.” Sunggyu chimed in.

“Yah, Lee Sungjong! You didn’t wish me good luck!” Jieun said to Sungjong in a deliberate manner.

“The good doesn’t need luck, Lee Jieun.” He said and smirked in her direction.  

“Aish, this guy!” Jieun made a face and was about to hit him when he successfully dodged her attack.  

Sunggyu and Min Hee laughed as if they were the parents of the two.

“Class A, you may enter.” The examiner informed.

With that, the students grabbed their writing materials and made their way to the allocated seats.

“Good luck.” Sunggyu whispered softly to Min Hee when he walked past her.  

She turned and smiled back at him. This made Sunggyu feel his heart skip a beat. However, his thoughts were interrupted when the exam papers started passing down from the front row. With the ringing of the bell, the mid-term examinations were officially over. All the students were like released caged birds, happy and carefree.

“Let’s go to the club and party! It’s celebration time, after exams yo.” Hoya suggested.

“Wow. This suggestion isn’t coming out from Woohyun’s mouth!” Dongwoo pretended to be surprised and laughed.

No response.

“Yah, Nam Woohyun! You are not going to scold me? That’s so unlike you, bro.” Dongwoo shuffled closer to Woohyun who was in a daze.

“Huh? What were you talking about? I wasn’t paying attention.” He turned to Dongwoo.

“Oh. Hoya was suggesting going to a club to celebrate exa-”

“All of you are not going anywhere!” A stern voice interrupted all celebrations in plans.

“The whole class is staying behind for make-up detention.” Their homeroom teacher added.

“That’s payback to you little brats.” The homeroom teacher thought to herself.

“Aish. Like seriously?!”

“This is freaking last day of exams!!!”

“What the…”

“Silence! Where are your manners and respect for your teachers who have just entered class?!” The discipline master hollered.

Reluctantly, all the students got up and greeted half-heartedly.

“Good afternoon, seonsaengnim.” The displeasure towards the teachers was evident in the students’ tone.

However, the two teachers disregarded that and took their seats.

“Now, write a heartfelt reflection of what you guys have done that day.” The discipline master instructed.

“Ne.” They said unwillingly.

“Are we allowed to leave once we finish writing it?” one of the students asked, without raising his hand.

“You have to learn how to ask questions properly before I give the answer to your question.” The discipline master challenged.

“Aish. He is acting like a elementary school teacher.” Sungyeol commented.

“Then he will be your teacher.” Myungsoo joked.

“Yah, L.” He scolded softly.

The same student raised his head with a fake smile plastered on his face.

“Yes?” The discipline master asked with a satisfied smile.

“So can we go after writing the fuc- I mean, reflection?” he asked.

The class laughed a little knowing what he wanted to say initially. The discipline master’s face turned redder and he inhaled deeply.  

“No. All of you are allowed to leave only after 2h of detention class!” He shouted.

The class groaned and protested but to no avail.

“My words are final. Start writing before I call the principal and your parents in!” He threatened.

Without a choice, the students started writing their reflections on a piece of plain paper distributed. As the discipline master did not specify, many of them decided to make it an anonymous reflection and handed it back to the class representative. When the second hand on the clock hit 4pm, the students walked up to the discipline master.

“Sir, 2 hours has passed. Can we go?” they asked as a group.

“Where are all the reflections?” he questioned.

“With our class rep.” They answered casually.

“Fine, you may leave.” He said and waved his hand.

The students walked quickly out of the class as a group, leaving the class representative alone inside.

“Thank you, professor.” He bowed slightly and said before making a dash for the door too.

The discipline master and F Class’s homeroom teacher browsed through the reflections written and were fuming with anger.

“I should have expected less from the F class.” The discipline master sighed.

“Hehehe, what did you write in the reflection?” Woohyun asked.

“Oh, me? I wrote ‘I am sorry’ and spent the rest of the time drawing a dinosaur for his entertainment. Hehehe…” Dongwoo laughed a little at his achievement.

“I wrote a paragraph of rap lyrics for them.” Hoya confessed with a shrug.

“There goes your copyright…” Woohyun joked and looked to Sungyeol.  

“I drew them random things too.” He said.

“L, how about you?” Sungyeol nudged L.

“I handed a blank paper back to him.” He said without any expression on.

“Nice!” Dongwoo shouted and high-fived L.

“What about you, Woohyun?” L asked.

“Ah. I wrote what that woman said to us which made us walk out. So now, it seems like she is in trouble?” Woohyun said with a satisfied grin.

The gang laughed out loud and headed to Dongwoo’s place to hang out for the rest of night. They needed some celebration for the end of exams even though they didn’t study exceptionally hard.

“A bicycle.” Min Hee mumbled to herself when she saw a couple ride by on a bike.

It reminded her of that day when she overslept and was late for the English paper. She remembered how he offered her a ride when she was desperate for help. The scene of her gripping tightly onto Myungsoo’s blazer for balance replayed in her mind. Somehow, she had a tingly feeling just by thinking about it. Shaking her head, she cleared those thoughts out of her mind.

“Why am I thinking about him?” she questioned in her mind. 

 

Author's Note:
Special thanks to iusocute for being my sole commenter for last chapter! (:
I was really disappointed but I am still going to update.
Hope you enjoyed reading...
Thanks for reading 'Never Meant to Be' ! ^^