Prologue

Never Meant to Be

“Kim Myung Soo, Nam Woo Hyun, Lee Sung Yeol, Jang Dong Woo and Lee Ho Won, you are late again.” The discipline master said in an annoyed tone.

“There was a traffic congestion!” Sung Yeol said wittily with an innocent smile.

“Alright. Run along to your class and don’t be late for lessons.” The teacher said as he waved the back of his hand at them.

“Goodbye, professor.” Sung Yeol bowed slightly and said.

The professor sighed and left without giving them a booking for being late.

“They have used the same excuse last Wednesday…But what can I expect from students in the F class…” The professor thought to himself as he shook his head in disapproval.

“So Woo Hyun, how many girls have you got from the club last night” Hoya asked with an expecting smile.

“Make a guess?” Woo Hyun shrugged his shoulders and said.

“5?” Dong Woo guessed excitedly.

“Oh, come on~  It’s Nam Woo Hyun you are talking about here… Last night, I have gotten at least 10 numbers and two girls out of the club…” Woo Hyun said victoriously with a smug smile.

“That’s why he is called the king of flirtatious players out there.” Hoya joked.

“Yah! This is called spreading the love, not flirting, okay?” Woo Hyun defended himself.

“Yea, right.” The rest of them group said together and laughed.

The group was laughing loudly as they walked past the A class. Unknowingly, they were disrupting the ongoing lesson. The professor glared at the boys from inside while the students shot distasteful glances at them. Oblivious to them, they continued to fool around playfully. Min Hee finished off the last question on the board effortlessly and placed the marker pen down.

“Good job, Min Hee. Everything is correct.” The teacher focused the attention back to class and praised her.

The class then applauded in response. Her best friends- Ji Eun, Sung Gyu and Sung Jong flashed her thumb-ups from the back of the class. She smiled pleasantly in a humble manner before making her way back to her seat. Then, she met eyes with someone in the process. Those cold and intimidating eyes belonged to him.

“It’s him.” Min Hee thought as she flashed L a polite smile.

Myung Soo tore his gaze away and walked off coolly with the rest of the gang. Not bothered by Myung Soo, Min Hee went back to her seat.

“Min Hee, why are you so good? This question is so hard…” Ji Eun said as she scratched her head in confusion.

“It’s actually quite simple. You just have to shift this here and divide by this after square rooting it.” Min Hee explained.

“Oh. I am such a pabo. Why didn’t I see this just now?”  Ji Eun laughed sheepishly and scolded herself.

“Because you are dumb.” Sung Jong joked, earning a slap from Ji Eun almost immediately.

Then, a loud bang was heard as the back of the class causing everyone to jump a little.

“Wake up!” The professor shouted after he slammed down on the table.

The student shot up instantaneously and quickly apologized for dozing off.

“If you were going to sleep in my lessons…Go join the F class instead!” The teacher said harshly.

“I am sorry. I promise this will never happen again.” He apologized again, looking down.

“If you are from this class, act like one.” He said before walking off.

With that, the class resumed and no one felt anything was wrong with the teacher’s words. Indeed, all these years, this was the distinction between the two classes. They were like heaven and hell to the teachers. All the best and most experienced teachers would be sent to the A class while the inexperienced and trainee teachers would be sent to the F class.

Among the students, there were practically no friends between the A class and the F class but only rivalry. The students from the A class looked down on the students from the F class. Similarly, students from the F class hated and found the people from the A class disgusting. If I were to put their relationship in an exaggerated manner, they were like water and fire, intolerant of one another.

“R…I…N…G!!!~” The bell went off.

Not bothering to allow the teacher to finish his class, most of the students already stood up and started packing.

“So please remember to complete your assignment by next we-” The teacher was interrupted halfway.

“Professor, your lesson ended. Tell us the rest next week, please. Thank you very much.” One of the boys said, annoyed.

“Alright. I will do just that. Goodbye class.” The young teacher said fearfully as he waved meekly.

He had heard before that the boy had some unclean gang background outside school and he knew better than to offend him. With that, the young teacher ran out of the class in quick steps causing the students to laugh.

“So where are we going?” Sung Yeol walked over to Myung Soo’s table and asked.

“Anywhere.” He answered simply.

“Okay, let’s get out of this damn school first. This sickening place is suffocating me and the ugly uniform is just too horrible.” Woo Hyun said as he loosened his tie.

“Let’s go then.” Hoya said as he picked up his bag.

They exited class and started walking to the school gates.

“OPPAAA!!!~” Some high-pitched voices sounded as the owners threw themselves at the boys.

“Hey, beautiful.” Woo Hyun said with a charismatic smile causing her to bat her eyelashes even more.

The other female student was about to attack Myung Soo but decided against it when he glared at her. Instead, she approached Hoya who brushed her off.

“Hey, Woo Hyun. We are going to leave you if you’re still not going…” Hoya said.

“Alright, let’s go then.” Woo Hyun answered.

“I got to go, babe. See you again tomorrow. Don’t miss me too much.” He said with a playful wink.

She blushed and waved to Woo Hyun so hard that it seemed like her hands were about to fall off. Leaving school, Dong Woo slung his arm across Woo Hyun’s shoulders.

“I thought you would stay with her just now.” He said.

“Nah, she is the y and clinging type. Too dangerous.” Woo Hyun explained.

“I see…” Dong Woo nodded in understanding and looked away.

“Don’t tell me that you are… interested in her?” Woo Hyun joked.

“What?! Hell no, man!” Dong Woo shook his hands about in denial.

“Awww~ Someone is in love~” Woo Hyun further causing Dong Woo to turn red.

“Shut up!” Dong Woo said as he walked off to Hoya’s side, avoiding Woo Hyun.

“Why are you so quiet?” Sung Yeol asked.

“Nothing.” Myung Soo replied.

The scene of Min Hee smiling at him had been haunting him since morning and he still could not get the image out of his mind.

“Damn it. What the heck is she doing to me?” Myung Soo thought, irritated.

 

 

Author's Note:
Hello guys! :D
I tried to type up the first chapter quickly because exams are nearing so I wouldn't be able to update probably for the next 2 weeks.
I hope it wasn't too bad... If you found this boring, I would do better in the next chapter, hopefully. (:
I LOVE YOU GUYS for subscribing even before the first chapter is up<3
Thank you so much !! ^^
Please comment/subscribe and make my day? (:
Thanks for reading 'Never Meant to Be' chapter one ~!!