Opposites

Never Meant to Be

“Heard you got yourself a new girlfriend.” Sungyeol began with a serious face on.

“And she’s from class A.” Hoya continued sternly.

L looked up at their serious faces, not knowing where the conversation was heading to.

“I thought you were against Woohyun having relationship with girls from the same scho- bw-bwahahahha!” Dongwoo placed one of his hands up and broke into his hyena laughter.

“Mian, I-I can’t do this anymore. His expression-on is so epic! ” He choked out between tears.

Hoya and Sungyeol shot him deadly glares for spoiling the whole plan.

“Esh. It’s all an act?” L realized as he gave them his usual glare.   

“Why? You were really scared that we will be against you two?” Woohyun teased, plopping himself in the chair beside his.

“Of course not.” L denied as he straightened himself.

The boys exchanged glances suspiciously and began crowding around like packed wolves.

“So when did the two of you began?!”

“How did you hook up on her?”

“Have the two of you kissed?”

“How are you feeling right now?”

“OKAY! STOPP! I.CAN’T.BREATHE.” L shouted as he slammed the table.

The four of them backed away with an amused smile plastered across their faces. The rest of the class quickly pretended to be busy and that they were not eavesdropping the whole time.

“Let’s talk this over lunch.” Woohyun suggested with a knowing smirk.

“Yea, it’s not every day our L is in love. It has been so long since he broke up wi-” Dongwoo stopped when Woohyun slapped him on the thigh.

“Miss Lee is here.” Hoya informed with a frown.

“Let’s see what she is wearing today!” Sungyeol beamed as he strained his neck.

“ert.” Myungsoo slapped his head and he groaned loudly in protest.

Halfway through the lesson, the students were already getting restless. The meek teacher was still trying to increase the volume of her high-pitched voice to gain their attention. It was a futile attempt anyways. Myungsoo pulled out his cellphone and played with it. He wanted to text her but he guessed she would be attentively listening to class so he decided against it. Shoving his phone into his pocket, he sighed. One of the male students from the other corner of class raised his hands. The female teacher’s eyes twinkled in anticipation as she smiled brightly.

“At least one student is listening.” She thought hopefully.

“Miss Lee, what colour are you wearing today?” he asked cheekily.

The class burst out into a prolonged period of laughter with the guys’ voice dominating the commotion. When she finally realized the true meaning behind his words, she bit her lips and stepped back cautiously. In the process, she dropped her marker. Shaking her head, she nervously bent over to pick it up. One of the boys in the front row deliberately put his hands out and pretended to be lying on it. As the teacher got up, his hand brushed past her buttocks causing her to jump back in horror.  

“What did you think you were doing?!” She yelled fearfully.

“Seonsaengnim, my hand has been in this position for the past hour. It seems like it’s your perky which molested my poor hand.” He said with a smirk and crossed his arms smugly.

“Yea!”

“He’s right!”

“Awww~ Teacher, how could you?”

The rest of the boys joined in the teasing. The girls in class couldn’t be bothered by their senseless prank. The young teacher frowned and clenched her fists as she eyed the students who were yelling barbarically away. Trembling, she grabbed her bag and left the classroom with tears controlled in her eyes. At the end of the day, she was still green and incapable of controlling Class F. In return, the class gained a day of freedom.

“Aish. I was starting to like Miss Lee.” Sungyeol mumbled as he collapsed on the table surface.

“Ugh. Lee Sungyeol, can you please get your off my chair and go back to yours?!” L demanded as he stared at him with his fiery eyes.

“Fine, fine. Let’s see whether you will do that to Yoon Minhee in future. Hmmp!” He stomped over to his chair and Myungsoo made a face at his statement.

“Oh my gosh!” One of the girls came running into class A with her arms shaking about excitedly.

Everyone gave her their attention as she stood at the front of the class.

“Something big happened in class F!” She told the class and slammed her hands on the table exaggeratedly.

Minhee perked up at the announcement although she couldn’t be bothered with such gossipy news in the past.

“One of them molested the new female teacher, Miss Lee.” She projected her voice with disgust written all over her face.

That sent the class into another huge commotion.

“Gosh. Are they even students?! Did they think it’s their club here?” One of them commented and rolled their eyes.

“That student is probably going to be expelled.”

“Such audacity they have. Can’t wait to see all of them being expelled from school one by one.”

“Who is the culprit?”

“Don’t know.” The announcer shrugged her shoulders.

“Who knows? Maybe it’s that certain someone’s boyfriend.” Soojin suggested with a smirk.

Silence filled the air as the students exchanged glances and laughed inwardly.

“What do you think, Minhee-shi?” Soojin added deliberately.

“What do you know about him to say that?!” Minhee defended L almost immediately.

She absolutely hated how they jumped into conclusions so readily.

“Oh my. I didn’t specifically state I was talking about your boyfriend, Minhee. You’re being too sensitive.” Soojin replied with a sweet and hideous smile.

With that, the rest of class A glanced back her disapprovingly.  

“Yoon Minhee, good job. You’ve just made them hate you even more.” She thought to herself.

In the meantime, Sunggyu continued writing in his paper. However, none of what he wrote made sense.

The school bell rang and students flocked to the canteen with their companions. Minhee sat in her seat, waited and waited. She saw how Sunggyu avoided her gaze and left the classroom with his guy friends. She could still vividly see how Jieun met eyes with her and looked away. Sungjong flashed her a weak smile before leaving behind Jieun. In the end, Minhee could only stay behind in class alone with a rumbling stomach.

The boys sat at their usual table, away from the crowd. Myungsoo was about to dig in when Sungyeol stole his chopsticks from his hands.

“So how did you two get together?” Dongwoo questioned with an excited grin.

“Just like that.” Myungsoo answered simply.

“Have you guys kissed?” Sungyeol asked.

“Just once on the forehead.” L replied truthfully.

“Why her?” Hoya leaned closer in interest.

“Why not? Esh. You guys are so gossipy like a bunch of ahjummas! Can’t you just return me my chopsticks and let me have my lunch peacefully?!” L protested loudly as he snatched the chopsticks back from Sungyeol.  

He started digging in like a hungry wolf but was soon interrupted.

“Let us meet her.” Woohyun finally spoke up.

Myungsoo looked up in surprise but nodded nonetheless.

 

Author's Note:
Hello guys!
New update for all of you. Hope you enjoyed this simple update. X)
The next one will be better, I promise. ^^
Thanks for all the comments for chapter 17. I'll reply to them now! :D
Please leave me a comment for this one. <3