Conflict

Never Meant to Be

“1 Americano please.” Sungyeol ordered his usual.

“You should cut down on drinking Americano! It’s bad for your stomach.” L cut in.

“Ugh. You were the one who asked me out to a café and now you are banning me from my favourite drink…” Sungyeol turned to him and whined.

“You are addicted and this-”

“Sorry. Could you please confirm the order?” the cashier asked with a hint of impatience in her tone.

“Hmmm… How about 2 cups of caramel macchiato?" he confirmed.

"Ah. That’s final, Lee Sungyeol.” Myungsoo added, smiling at the boy with his mouth half open.

Sunggyu stopped walking upon spotting two familiar figures. A smile appeared on his face as he turned back and looked at Minhee’s back view for a brief moment. He could have turned back and avoided them. However, he chose to walk up and chance upon them coincidentally. With a smile and hand in his pocket, he stopped before Myungsoo.

“What a coincidence.” Sunggyu began.

“Oh. It’s you?!” Sungyeol almost choke on his drink, surprised.

“Hello.”  Myungsoo said with a smile.

“We are just about to leave so if you would excuse us…” Myungsoo informed.

“I am here with someone special to me.” Sunggyu stated.

Sunggyu stared ahead and as expected, Myungsoo looked in the same direction. It did not take him long to recognize the girl sitting at the table with her hair tied up. His eyes widened in disbelief and his grip on the plastic cup tightened.  Minhee wondered why Sunggyu was taking such a long time so she turned back. It shocked her to find three pairs of eyes staring at her. Particularly, Myungsoo’s intense gaze frightened her. Then, she turned her back on them almost instantly.

Her response ignited the fire within him. Upset, Myungsoo stormed out of the café with Sungyeol trailing behind him. Seconds later, Minhee stood up from her seat and hurried towards the glass door. Sunggyu stepped in front of Minhee, blocking her way. Minhee looked up and those confused eyes made him step aside. Today, it pained Sunggyu to realize yet another thing; Minhee minds about Myungsoo so much, so much that it killed Sunggyu a little more inside.

“Myungsoo, wait up. Listen to me.” She shouted from a distance.

“Yah, L. Talk to your girlfriend and stop acting like a kid.” Sungyeol rolled his eyes and advised, blocking his way.

Myungsoo let out a long, suppressed breath before nodding his head in reluctance.  

“Go back first.” He said to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol patted on Myungsoo’s shoulder when he walked past him. He gave Minhee a small smile and stuffed his hands into his pockets. Minhee stood before Myungsoo and released her held breath. Now, Minhee wishes she did not chase after him. Because she was lost for words. His gaze was intimidating her, and it was the first time Minhee saw him like this. Myungsoo knows he shouldn't be acting like this but he could not control himself anymore.

“You said you didn’t have time to go out with me.”

“The exams are coming. I have been busy studying…”

“With him? Just the two of you studying together in a cozy café huh?” he scoffed and looked away.  

“Kim Myungsoo!”

She yelled and it was the first time she did, he realized.

"Alright. I will rephrase myself. You texted me and I thought you were studying so would you kindly tell me why he is there?"

"-I… I…”

Seconds later when she said nothing else, he walked out on her for the first time.

The boy standing faraway smirked.

Minhee had never felt like this and those held back tears rolled down her cheeks. She hated how Myungsoo acted because there was clear distrust in his tone. At the same time, she cannot forget how he looked at her in the café. Minhee wanted to text Myungsoo but she couldn’t bring herself to. Because he is at fault and she did nothing wrong.

“Kim Myungsoo, I cannot understand you sometimes.” She mumbled.

Love is like a rollercoaster. It could bring you sky high and the next, you will find yourself going downhill.  

The question would be where it would stop.

-

“Word of caution: Do not trifle with L.” Sungyeol whispered to the rest.

“Aren’t you guys drinking?!” L questioned.

The boys jumped back a little in shock before picking up their glasses too.

“It has been long since we came to the club together like this.” Dongwoo noted.

“Oh yea, L. Don’t you have to accompany Minhee?” Hoya teased.

Sungyeol could have facepalmed himself on the spot at the wrong topic brought up. He glanced over to his best friend and observed his reaction. L closed his eyes before drinking another shot.

“She is busy.” He said, putting down the glass.

Hoya did not respond because Sungyeol was giving him obvious eye signals to shut up.

“Who is going down to the dance floor?” Woohyun asked, uncrossing his leg.

“What do you think?” Hoya smirked.

He removed his black leather jacket and left it on the sofa. The boys stood up while L remained unmoving.

“Not coming?” Woohyun asked.

Myungsoo stared at the dance crowd and the sight of some strangers grinding against one another put him off. Looking back at Woohyun, he shook his finger.

“Attached boy has his own worries.” Woohyun joked and left.

Myungsoo sighed at his words. Then, he slid his phone out of his pocket and his face brightened upon seeing a message notification. He could seemingly feel his heart drop upon realizing it was just a random advertisement message. Irritated, Myungsoo called the advertisement number and shouted a fluent string of curse words through the receiver. Satisfied, he hung up and deep inside, he knew he should text her. However, he still could not bring himself to do it. He was taking too much initiative in this relationship, he thought.

 

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for updating slow. orz
Pardon me for my unchecked grammar. I would do it tomorrow.
Thank you for reading 'Never Meant to Be'. <3
It would be nice to see comments from you guys. :')
A new infinite logo has been released. Have you guys seen it?!
It's so damn cool :'D