Beginning

Never Meant to Be

Minhee fiddled with the pencil in her hand and looked up at the clock hung on the school. It was about time for dismissal. Today was one of the few occasions whereby her mind was completely not on the lesson but elsewhere. She thought she could still smell his scent from before. That had never failed to make her cheeks flush a light shade of red. Also, his words were ringing in her ears like an unforgotten melody.

Myungsoo looked up at the clock which was slightly slanted from a hit by a soccer ball a moment ago. He slipped his phone out of his pockets and fixed his hair. Smirking at his reflection, he winced the next moment when he felt the wound stretch. Some of the fan girls in his class made a commotion at Myungsoo’s actions. He glanced over to them and waved slightly causing them to squeal out loud. The teacher glared at the girls and they returned the glare defiantly.

The teacher sighed and continued teaching the lesson that no one was interested in. The girls turned back to Myungsoo and showed off their pearly teeth. Of course, they were ignored. It was not like Myungsoo was interested in them. He was just in a good mood for the most obvious reason. The boys exchanged glances at their friend’s abnormality. They understand that he was weird usually but today, he was more than weird.

“Yah. What’s wrong with you today? You have been acting strangely since you returned from the infirmary.” Sungyeol pointed out as he shifted his face closer to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo jerked back in disgust before pushing him away.

“Too near.” He spat.

Then, the bell rang.

In the swiftest movement, L slung his bag over his shoulders and made his way to the door.

“See you guys tomorrow!” He greeted and left with a bright smile.

The boys gulped down the saliva which has collected in their throats and exchanged glances once more.

“Is that the L we know?” Sungyeol blurted out and the others shrugged. There was a hint of disgust in the tone used.

“Whatever. We can just interrogate that brat tomorrow… Hoya should be the worry now. I bet he is dying out of boredom in detention so let’s go check him out.” Woohyun said as he shoved everything into his bag.

The boys nodded in agreement before leaving class too in search for Hoya, the trapped one.

Myungsoo reached the bicycle stand in no time. Removing his bag, he slung it on the handle and unlocked his bike. He dragged it out of place and leaned it against the pillar. Myungsoo stuff his hands into his pockets and glanced around. She has not reached. At the thought of sharing another ride with her, just like before, a smile crept up Myungsoo’s face. It had been some time since he smiled for so many times in a single day. He thought he was probably love struck.

Minhee was walking with the group down the corridor, still thinking of an appropriate excuse. She finally decided on one.

“Sorry guys, I left something in class. I’ll go back and get it. You three can go home first.” She lied.

 All the three could do was watch Minhee run away in small, quick steps.  Heaving a sigh of relief, Minhee wiped off the beads of sweat forming on her forehead. She quickened her pace to the bicycle stand and saw someone standing there with an evident worried expression on. She couldn’t help but laugh a little at his cuteness.

“Afraid I wouldn’t turn up?” she asked with an amused smile.

Myungsoo’s eyes lit up at the sight of her. He then cleared his throat awkwardly.

“Who said so?” he rebutted.

She laughed at his comeback. Her eyes turned into a beautiful eye smile and Myungsoo had that engraved in his mind.

“Hop on.” Myungsoo walked away and instructed as he crossed his leg over his bike.

Minhee tucked her skirt carefully and took the seat behind him. She scanned the area and was thankful that not many people ride to the school. No one was in sight but she knew that would not be the case once they ride out. She fidgeted nervously and Myungsoo sensed it. He kind of speculated the reason for her uneasiness but he wasn’t sure.

“Setting off.” He warned before stepping on the pedals.

He started off slow and he could see some form of crowd gathered at the school gate. He could feel Minhee shift about in her seat, tilting away from the crowd. Making an abrupt turn, Myungsoo took the detour and sped off in full speed.

“Hold onto me.” He said the same words as before.

This time, Minhee threw her arms around his waist for she was caught off guard. The unhappiness Myungsoo felt from knowing she did not want to be seen with him before the otherswas completely wiped out. All Myungsoo could feel at the moment was bliss. Similarly, Minhee felt her face heat up in response. She attempted to loosen her grip around his torso but Myungsoo stopped her with one hand.

“You would fall.” He said and she nodded against his back obediently.

A smirk and smile formed on their faces respectively as they rode their way down the deserted road.

Some time later, the bicycle reached a permanent halt.

“You can let go now.” Myungsoo said in a teasing manner when he realized her hands were still circled around his waist.

Minhee’s cheeks pinked and quickly let go before hopping off the bike.

Then, she realized something.

“How did you know where my house is?” she asked in bewilderment.

 “Err…The day when we visited halmoni, I followed you.” L replied honestly.

“Uhm…Anyways, aren’t you going in?” Myungsoo changed the topic quickly.

Minhee pressed her lips together to prevent herself from laughing when she realized Myungsoo was being embarrassed.

“I’m going in already. Bye.” Minhee informed with a wave.

After she took two steps forward, she felt someone grab her wrist from behind. She felt her heart skip a beat at his gesture. Turning around, their eyes met.

“Is he going to ask for a goodbye kiss?” she thought nervously.

Myungsoo inched closer to Minhee’s face. Instinctively, Minhee shut her eyes in both shock and anxiety. She waited for one second, two second but nothing happened. Opening her eyes, she saw Myungsoo holding onto her phone. She tapped her side pocket to find it empty. Myungsoo looked up from her phone and returned it to her with a raised brow.

“What did you think I want to do to you?” he teased with a knowing smirk.

Minhee bit her lips in embarrassment after taking her phone back. She cursed her stupidity in her mind and turned about, wanting to make a run for her house door already. Just then, Myungsoo spun her back once more. Before she could question his habit for spinning her around, she felt something. Minhee could feel his soft lips against her skin.  He kissed her on her forehead. Pulling away, Myungsoo smiled in satisfaction at her dazed state.

“It’s time to go home, my girlfriend.” He notified before hopping on his bike coolly and riding off.

Minhee ran her fingers over the spot his lips were a second ago and felt her heart race. She swore her heart was as lag as her senses. Minutes later, a shy smile crept up her face as she returned home.

Unknown to the two, everything was just the beginning. There is more to come.

 

Author's Note:
Hello everyone! I'm sorry for not being able to update this fic until now...
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter which I wrote while imagining the scenes.
It was quite amusing to write because sometimes, I find myself smiling at the characters :$
I sincerely hope you guys will leave me more lovely comments <3 . That will greatly motivate me to update! (:
Thank you so much for supporting 'Never Meant to Be'.
I am blessed to have readers like you guys...


ps. Happy First Anniversary to my dearest friend, Pistachio. I dedicate this chapter to you. <3
(I guess you would have noticed the bicycle scene which you complained about previously has been modified to your liking, I hope. (, )