Courage

Never Meant to Be

Min Hee wrapped her fingers around the bottle of warm milk and looked about. Then, she spotted him walking through the school gates with his hands in his pocket. He had his earpiece on and no expression on. Shaking her head, Min Hee stopped admiring him and ran up to him with quick steps. Myung Soo halted his steps and looked up at her with that same expressionless face. Awkwardly, she shoved the bottle of warm milk into his hands and looked away.

“As an apology.” She said quickly before running off.

Myung Soo broke into a small smile as he looked at the warm milk in amusement. Walking away from the spot, he opened the bottle of milk and finished it off in one gulp. Tossing it into the bin accurately, Myung Soo smirked before making his way back to class. The class was in chaos, as usual, with crushed assignments thrown from one side to another.

“Catch.” Hoya warned as he threw his basketball to Myung Soo.

Myung Soo caught it coolly with one hand causing some of his fan girls to squeal. He rolled his eyes at them in annoyance before joining the gang with the ball.

“Yo.” Dong Woo greeted and L responded with a nod.

“Hey. Why are you acting so cold again?” Dong Woo asked in a childish tone which earned him a glare from L the next second.

With both hands up in the typical surrender position, Dong Woo smiled innocently.

“Okay, chill. I get it.” He said with a polite nod before turning away to continue chatting with Sung Yeol.

Myung Soo threw the basketball back to Hoya and turned his chair around. Closing his eyes, he could still savour the taste of the milk inside his mouth. He then recalled Min Hee running away in embarrassment and an unknown smile appeared on his face.

“Stop smiling like that, L. It’s creepy.” Woohyun commented as he took the seat beside L.

Myung Soo shot his eyes open and gulped down his saliva nervously.

“Who said I was smiling?!” He defended instantly.

“You definitely were.” Woohyun replied with a suspicious smile.

Just when L was about to make a comeback, their homeroom teacher stepped into the class and started bossing about non-stop.

“Is this even considered a classroom?!”

“How do you even study in such a messy and disorganized environment?!”

“Pick those litter up!”

“Keep your phones away and take out your textbooks.”

“Keep quiet!”

The girls folded their arms and glared at the annoying teacher while the guys clucked their tongues in disapproval. Upset, they started to circulate secret notes around the class.

“Don’t you know your mid-semester tests are coming? Knowing that your grades are not good, why aren’t you working harder? Instead of playing with your phones before class begins, shouldn’t you revise a bit? And those assignments are not for you to make paper balls! Also, a conducive environment is crucial for studying…”

She is such a .

Early in the day and she is PMS-ing.

Isn’t she too old for that?

Can’t she just keep quiet instead…?

She is annoying and talking crap, as always.

I bet she got ditched by her boyfriend last…

“Nam Woo Hyun, what are you writing away while I am talking?!” The teacher stopped and questioned.

Woo Hyun hurriedly slipped the paper under his textbook and smiled nervously.

“Nothing important.” He answered.

“Oh really?” The teacher questioned as she walked over and snatched the paper from him.

Scanning what the students wrote on the paper, her eyes widened in anger. The class plunged into a deadly silence as the teacher’s blood pressure rose.  

“IS THIS HOW STUDENTS OUGHT TO BEHAVE?!”The teacher screamed at the top of her voice as she threw the paper on the floor.

“Although I know this is the F class, can’t you do better than this?! You are behaving not like students at all but like delinquents. Knowing you are in the F class but you still don’t bother striving harder huh? Shouldn’t you reflec-”

“What’s wrong with being in the F class?” Woo Hyun questioned as he stood up from his seat.

“Yea, what’s wrong?!” The rest of the class stood up and backed Woo Hyun up.

“All of you are rebelling now huh?” The teacher pointed at them in disbelief.

“You…You and you, all of you are down for detention for talking back at me!” The teacher shouted in an extremely upset tone.

“I am sorry but I have something urgent to attend to so I have to leave early today. Bye, professor.” Woo Hyun said with a smirk.

“Us too.” Hoya added.

Then, Dong Woo, Hoya and Sung Yeol followed Woo Hyun out of class coolly.

“We only respect teachers who respect us.” Myung Soo said before walking out of class too.

One by one, the other students from the F class left too.

“What did I do to deserve students like them?” The homeroom teacher questioned as she sat alone at the teacher’s table in exasperation.

“Have you heard?!” Ji Eun asked as if she just got the news that the end of the world was brought forward.

“About?” Min Hee looked up from her work and asked.

“The entire F class walked out on their homeroom teacher!” She said excitedly.

“What? But…why?” Min Hee asked monotonously.

She pretended not to be too interested as she seldom engaged in such gossips.

“I am not too sure too but I heard the teacher said something which the F students took it personally so they quarreled. Then, Nam Woo Hyun from their class took the lead and everyone left with him.” She explained.

“Maybe their language weren’t good and they misunderstood the teacher.” Someone joked and the A class erupted into fits of laughter.

Min Hee sighed as her class made fun of the F class, yet again.

“Sometimes, I really admire their courage. I would probably never have the guts to do that in my entire life…” Min Hee thought.

 

Author's Note:
Hello everyone!
My holidays have ended but I decided to upate because it had been some time since my last update...
Sorry guys! :X
Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and will leave me a comment. (:
Thank you so much for reading 'Never Meant to Be' ~
Goodnight ^^!