Maybe

Never Meant to Be

 

“Min Hee, you okay?” Sunggyu asked as he looked at her with concerned eyes.

He could sense that she was acting weirdly since the start of the day.

“Yes. Thanks, Sunggyu.” She said with a smile.

Nodding his head, Sunggyu focused his attention back to the lesson.

“Your pig is ugly.” Sungjong whispered into Jieun’s ears when he saw her doodling.  

She jumped a little at their close proximity and pointed her pencil at him.

“You’re the ugly one. And don’t come near me.” She warned softly.

Sungjong made a kiddy face before ignoring her completely. Jieun gritted her teeth and she thought she felt her heart pump slightly faster.

“Illusion. Hallucination.” She reassured herself.

As if on cue, her heart calmed down.

“No way. Definitely, not the case.” She told herself as she eyed Sungjong suspiciously.

The bell rang and class A students stood up, greeted and thanked their teacher politely. The teacher flashed her brightest smile at those equally bright students before her. It is amazing how these teachers can have a 360 degree change when it comes to handling the F class though. Min Hee stepped out of class and saw Myungsoo standing not far away with Sungyeol beside him.

“They are playing with their phones.” She thought to herself.

Hugging her books tightly to herself, Min Hee walked off quickly. Sunggyu shouted her name in confusion and chased after her. Jieun and Sungjong followed them and they reached early for their next class as a result.

“Yah, why are we here?” Sungyeol asked as he scratched his head.

“Nothing.” L replied coldly.

His expression was darker than normal, he noticed.

“Min Hee, what do you want to eat for lunch?” Jieun asked in her high-pitched voice.

“I am not sure. What about you?” she asked as she looked up to face Jieun.

Looking over her shoulders, she spotted him again.

“L-Let’s go. I am hungry.” Min Hee lied as she grabbed Jieun’s hand and pulled her away.

Myungsoo ruffled his hair in frustration as he saw her run away purposely, yet again. He swore seeing her like that irritated him to the core. He hated how they were like playing hide-and-seek from a distance.

“Are we like taking turns here?” he thought and rolled his eyes.

The cycle went on for the rest of the day and Myungsoo was tired of it already.

“Come back fast~” Jieun said as Min Hee left in the direction of the washroom.

Once she walked out of the toilet, she felt someone grab her wet hands. She looked up in shock to find Myungsoo staring at her.

“Hear me out.” He said simply.

All she could do was nod.

“She is my ex. The girl you saw yesterday.” He explained simply.

“I didn’t ask.” She said as she pretended to be unaffected.

“I just wanted to say.” Myungsoo replied as he let go of her.

Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he walked off.

Min Hee felt a wave of relief swept across her and a smile broke out on a face unknowingly. Myungsoo glanced sideways at the notice board along the corridor. Through the faint reflection of the glass panel, he saw her alluring smile.

“Maybe. Just maybe the feelings are mutual.” L thought to himself and smiled too.

Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo for a brief moment before looking away. Myungsoo did the same. He was wondering why Min Hee was taking such a long time when she promised to be back soon. As the ‘kid couple’ was bickering away again, Sunggyu decided to look for Min Hee by himself first. He knew he was overreacting because the school compound ought to be safe. However, negative possibilities occurred to him and it bothered him to no end. Indeed, that was what love does to people, isn’t it? They think of infinite possibilities.

“Min Hee.” He called out as he spotted her in a daze.

She turned to her right and spotted Sunggyu running over in quick steps.

“Why did you go to the washroom for such a long time?” he asked.

Min Hee looked up at him in confusion before gripping his wrist. To be exact, it was his watch she was touching. Tilting it slightly, she looked at his watch to check the timing. It was more convenient and as best friends, she knew he wouldn’t mind. She did not realize at all. Engrossed in her own thoughts, she did not see the expression Sunggyu had as he looked at her. Sungjong and Jieun appeared in the scene, shoving one and another. Sunggyu bit back a smile at her sudden gesture just now. He felt like he was in bliss, even if it merely lasted for a millisecond. Sungjong noticed Sunggyu’s expression and chuckled.

“What happened?” Sungjong asked with a knowing smile as he walked over.

“Nothing.” Both of them chorused.

They were both hiding different things behind their ‘Nothing’.

“Sure, nothing.” Sungjong repeated and nodded.

“Are you two together?!” Jieun paused as she scanned the two of them and gasped.

“Lee Jieun, if Sunggyu and I are possible, the stars would fall.” Min Hee joked.

Sunggyu felt as if something hit him hard at his chest or rather, his heart.

“But there are meteors though.” Jieun argued.

“Then pigs can fly.” She corrected.

“Pigs do fly in cartoons.” Jieun pointed out thoughtfully.

“Or best, you and Sungjong will be together.” Min Hee shot back and giggled when she saw Jieun’s flustered expression.

“YAH.YAH. That’s impossible!” Jieun screamed as she waved her hands about frantically.

“Precisely. We are impossible too.” Min Hee said as she broke into an eye smile.

Sungjong looked over and patted Sunggyu’s shoulders without the girls noticing. It was only then that Sunggyu’s clenched fists loosened.

“Nothing is impossible, Min Hee.” Sunggyu convinced himself.

Stars may fall, pigs can fly and you will be mine.

 

Author's Note:
Wheee~ Short update before I go to sleep. 
I dozed off during work today. Thankfully, no one spotted me X) . 
Kekeke~ 
I hope you like this chapter because I kinda like it. <3
Just wondering... Is anyone on Sunggyu's side? 
Because I am kinda on his side now. Heh. ^^
Please comment ! :D