An Unforgettable Night

Never Meant to Be

“Yah, Nam Woohyun! Are you crazy?” Myungsoo growled dangerously.

“Isn’t this our favourite hangout? I just thought your girlfriend might want to try hanging out with us at where we always do.” He explained quickly and smiled.

Minhee fiddled with her fingers a little and returned Myungsoo a reassuring glance. She tried her hardest to ignore the uneasiness swirling in her stomach. Minhee felt like a nursery student standing before the nursery gates on the first day of school. Then, she felt someone held her tightly. She met eyes with Myungsoo who smiled protectively at her. The boys whistled at his actions but were soon silenced by L’s deadly glare.

“Let’s go.” Woohyun commanded.  

With that, he handed his IC to the bouncer and they all entered one after another. Passing through the crowded dance floor, Minhee’s palms began to sweat. She felt disgusted at some of the clubbers who were dressed scantily and grinding at one another. She looked away and hurried along. Myungsoo bit his lips worriedly as he gazed at Minhee. He knew she was very much uncomfortable in such an unfitting environment but he didn’t want to simply lead her out and away from his friends. Woohyun would be upset, he knew it too well.

Woohyun crossed his legs and snapped his fingers at the waitress. She hurried over and bent over in excitement. He pulled her closer and whispered their orders into her ears. She smiled brightly before rushing off. Minhee watched their interactions but didn’t say anything. Dongwoo and Hoya were eyeing the dance floor the moment they stepped into ‘Paradise’. Soon, they excused themselves. She watched on in amazement at how they became the limelight of the dance floor in the next instant.

“Thirsty?” Woohyun asked.

Minhee turned back when she realized he was talking to her. Without waiting for her answer, he pushed a glass over. She smiled gratefully when she realized it was milk.

“I guessed someone doesn’t drink alcohol so yea.” He said with an awkward cough.

“Thank you.” She said and received the drink.

Myungsoo smirked before savouring his Bloody Mary which Woohyun ordered for him.  

“Is the alcoholic content high?” she asked and Myungsoo shook his head.

“Oh really?” Woohyun said with raised brows.

Myungsoo knew what was coming at Woohyun’s statement. As expected, he didn’t let this opportunity slip past and before he knew it, rows of mini glasses were queued before him. Dongwoo and Hoya had returned with sweat trickling down their forehead. Sungyeol yawned out of boredom.

“Let’s play game.” He suggested.

“Including Minhee that is. She’s an adult too and she don’t need you guys’ heroic protection, right?” Sungyeol asked.

Minhee bit her lips and nodded.

With that, the game began. It was the normal drinking games and the victims were often Dongwoo, Sungyeol and… Minhee.

“Minhee, drink, drink, drink, drink!” The boys cheered.

She reached out for the glass and was about to pick it up when Myungsoo took it instead. Without a second word, he polished it off. As if it was nothing, he smiled and returned the empty glass back on the table. They cheered at his heroic actions, including Woohyun. It was interesting to see Myungsoo’s change before her, he thought.

For the next few rounds, Minhee lost again and again. Myungsoo came to her defense time and again and was soon getting tipsy. He felt his face burn and the contents in his stomach were acting funnily. Without warning, Myungsoo felt a gush of substance up his throat. Putting his right hand up, he ran for the rest room. Minhee looked in his direction worriedly and decided to check him out.

“I’ll go check Myungsoo out.” She said.

The rest dispersed, some went to hook up on new girls while others went to dance.

Myungsoo was still in the toilet after some time. Then, Minhee felt someone come up to her. The steps were quick and threatening, catching her off guard. She looked up and realized it was Woohyun. She saw the expression on his face which got her confused for a moment. He advanced closer and closer until he finally cornered her against a wall. It was quieter in the area and Minhee looked up at him, bewildered.  

“What is he doing?” she thought.

“Yoon Minhee.” He slurred.

He then leaned down close to her ears. She could hear his breathing clearly and she felt her heart race out of fear.

“Don’t hurt Myungsoo.” He warned.

With that, he jerked away from the table. He was eyeing her from above as if she was the most disgusting creature on Earth.

“I wouldn’t.” She promised.

The judgmental gaze changed to a believing one and she smiled weakly.

“He may seem strong but he isn’t.” He said and left her confused.

Minhee scratched her head and looked to Woohyun who left. She didn’t know why he had to warn her like this. Did she seem like a cheat or player to him? Brushing that aside, she ran back to where she was waiting just now. She found Myungsoo staggering out of the toilet unstably. She quickly supported his left arm and looked over in concern.  

“Myungsoo, you okay?” she asked.

He smiled and nodded but his eyes had already turned into slits.

“Can I have his address and send him home first?” Minhee asked as she dragged him over to the table.

She could tell they had no intentions to leave yet so she thought she should just bring Myungsoo home first. Woohyun nodded and handed her a slip of paper with his address scribbled on it.

“Just hail him a cab. He will be able to get home himself.” Woohyun instructed and she nodded.

Getting out of the noisy and chaotic club, she felt the cold breeze hit her face. Suddenly, Myungsoo straightened himself and seemed normal. Minhee looked at him in a puzzled manner and he turned to face her.

“S-Sorry. I didn’t know they…they were bringing you to a club.” He apologized in broken sentences.

“It’s okay. I had fun. Really!” She beamed with a bright smile.

He could have easily mistaken the smile for the crescent moon in the night sky.

“But are you okay?” she leaned closer and asked.

He nodded but fell a little. He felt like a structure on the verge of collapsing so she quickly supported him. Myungsoo looked over to her whom seemed so attractive at the moment. He knew it was wrong to take advantage at his current state but he couldn’t felt but lean closer. Minhee realized what he was doing and without realization, she closed her eyes tightly.

Their lips met and brushed against one another’s beneath the moonlight. Myungsoo was so good at it and Minhee wondered how many other girls he had kissed before. Minhee pushed away the thought and enjoyed their kiss. She noticed the scent of his mouth was fresh and that he had probably rinsed and ate some mints in the toilet. She smiled against his lips knowing how conscious he was before her. After some time, Minhee broke the kiss to gasp for air. She felt embarrassed and Myungsoo stumbled backwards so she hurriedly caught him.

“Aish. Kim Myungsoo, what should I do about you?” she grumbled cutely.

He smiled.

 

Author's Note:
This is a quick update before I rush out of the house. Gosh, I'm gonna be late.
Alright, hope you guys enjoyed reading this update and would leave me some comments. <3
Thanks for reading and got to rush so bye! :D