Too Late

My Unni's Boyfriend (Short Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo stared at what just happened with horror. His breathing became uneven, and his mind went blank. He slowly made it to where it happened. He saw Haewon, her body limp, unmoving, dead. Tears rapidly falling down his cheeks, he fell to his knees in front of her. Gasping for air, he cried out.

“No…Haewon…” he muttered in disbelief.

“NO, DON’T DO THIS TO ME,” he screamed.

Arms shaking, he laid her head on his lap. Blood was oozing out, her face pale, and body lifeless. Myungsoo shook her awake, trying to wake up.

“Haewon…Haewon…HAEWON,” he shouted again. His blood covered hand swept away the hair on her face, revealing her pale self.

Myungsoo didn’t know what to do now. He was lost.

No, he felt like dying.

Myungsoo cried out in pain and misery. He kept on shaking her, trying to get her awake. But he knew, she was never going to open those beautiful eyes again.

 

-----

 

Kris saw Haewon running to the entrance, and frowned. *Why was she running to the entrance? There’s still three hours left until it ends.*

He shrugged it off, and went to the bathroom, which was near the entrance. When he came back out, he bumped into a person. Annoyed, he looked to see who it was, and he swore he saw it was Myungsoo.

Then he felt pain in his stomach. *Something’s not right.*

 

Curious, he followed where Myungsoo had run to, out on the big street. It was dark, and he couldn’t quite make things out easily. He squinted and saw what seemed to be like two figures out on the middle of the road.

 

“HEY!” He called out, “Get out of there! It’s dangerous!”

He didn’t get any reply. All he heard were sobs. Kris frowned. Looking left to right if there were any cars coming, he caught a glimpse of a sleek black BMW turning the corner, out of sight.

 

He jogged towards the two figures, and his heart stopped. He stopped jogging, and started sprinting towards the two people.

Myungsoo and Haewon.

Myungsoo was sobbing loudly, when Haewon was in his arms.

Then he noticed her eyes were closed.

Then he noticed her whole body was bruised and unmoving.

Then he noticed the blood flowing out of her body.

 

He felt wet tears quickly streaming down his cheeks.

 

“What happened?” He said with 100% hurt in his voice. Myungsoo slowly looked up to the figure towering over him, and he opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn’t talk.

“WHAT happened?” Kris asked more firmly.

But then again, there was no answer from the older man.

 

Filled with anger, Kris grabbed Myungsoo by the collar and pulled him up. He glared at his sunbae and asked once again in gritted teeth, “What.Happened.?”

 

A faint, barely audible voice escaped from Myungsoo’s mouth. A word.

“Car…”

Kris dropped to his knees and sobbed, trying to shake Haewon awake.

Myungsoo remained standing, hunched and his head hanging down.

 

“Myungsoo! Kris! What are you-“ A recognizable voice called out to them, but stopped. The two boys remained silent, as Hyomin stared in horror at who lied on the ground with blood pouring.

 

“SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE,” Hyomin shrieked as she was starting to hyperventilate. With shaking hands, she called the ambulance.

 

As soon as the other line picked up, she literally screamed into the phone.

“MY SISTER GOT RUN OVER BY A CAR, PLEASE HELP HER. PLEASE, PLEASE COME QUICKLY,” she sobbed in the call and didn’t bother ending it while she shook Haewon.

 

“Unni’s here, I’m right here Haewon,” she whispered.

 

The three people could only share their misery while they looked at the younger girl. A few minutes later, the sound of a siren was heard in the distance, getting closer and closer. A white van approached and halted, with men running out from it. They had the stretcher out, and pulled Haewon on to it.

 

The three hastily followed her, when a man stopped them. “Who is the guardian or family of the patient here?” He asked urgently.

 

Hyomin raised her hand. “I am,” she whispered. The man gestured to get in the vehicle. “Please follow us.”

 

The other two boys tried to follow her, but were stopped by him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter